Pirates Online Closing 8/20/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...

I sadly left about 12 months before the end, never come back, not even to the end... The farewells I'd said had gotten too emotional and far too many fine scallywags and scoundrels had gone on to quit before me.

I though long and hard about making a comeback the very last morning I could, after work. In fact a work colleague who I introduced to the game even called me on the phone, sitting with his launcher logged in and begging me to come online for "Old times sake". He couldn't bring himself to come in-game without me for the feeling of betrayal, but I couldn't face coming online just for an emotional farewell.

Anyway, when I left 12 months (approx) ago, I charted a course for my main character, toon, or even bundle of pixels... Kriss Wild Wolf sailed onto the Roberts server of Pirates of the Burning Seas, there he found a Society "Brethren of the Cursed Rose" where he remains happy and contented (although lately nostalgic and reminiscing of the "good ol' days" of POTCO and his fine friends he left behind.

I've been opening the door everywhere I go, for anyone who'd love to catch up with the Fun Loving, Mischief Making, Aussie Pirate "Kriss Wild Wolf", all my old friends would be welcomed with open arms and a shot of rum. I do miss all those friends I left behind and would love to see them again.

Cheers!

Kriss Wild Wolf.

Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl was on TV last night and I watched the first 20 mins and it made me so sad. Having all those scenes in Port Royal and remembering how closely they matched the game to the movie, I felt like I was watching the game. It's still super sad for me to think I can never log in again and play the game. It's been almost a week ago that the game is gone, wow. :(

Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl was on TV last night and I watched the first 20 mins and it made me so sad. Having all those scenes in Port Royal and remembering how closely they matched the game to the movie, I felt like I was watching the game. It's still super sad for me to think I can never log in again and play the game. It's been almost a week ago that the game is gone, wow. :(
On Stranger Tides was on ABC Family a few nights ago, and It made me want to log onto potco but then I realized that Disney shut down the game. -_-

ya late nights curse of the black pearl would come on then i would ammediatly run to the computer and log into potco u really miss the game :(ya late nights curse of the black pearl would come on then i would ammediatly run to the computer and log into potco i really miss the game :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It's even worse when you watch deadmans chest and it plays the ad for the game. But I just found out today and this is one of the saddest things I have ever seen. not even a way to just play it at home or something it's just >POOF!< and it's goneEven worse that I can never get ahold of the friends I made again.

yep :( im never playing a Disney game again so they fail and other games of theres get shutdown like club peng and they can see how they feel and also maybe they will revive potco bc they need the money

yep :( im never playing a Disney game again so they fail and other games of theres get shutdown like club peng and they can see how they feel and also maybe they will revive potco bc they need the money
i agree disney failed when they took down pirates online and all the other great games

It's even worse when you watch deadmans chest and it plays the ad for the game. But I just found out today and this is one of the saddest things I have ever seen. not even a way to just play it at home or something it's just >POOF!< and it's goneEven worse that I can never get ahold of the friends I made again.
they have an ad for the game on the movie?? were is it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back