Pirates Online Rewritten

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to lie or sugarcoat this, but if everyone gets GM status. That's awful. I really hope that's not the case. There's tons of flaws to that system then.

Not trying to be rude, just saying, as a future player of another remake, I really hope only certain leaders get GM status.
Well, we aren't gonna be anything like Disney. Our accounts will be separate from Game Master accounts. Most of us are in our early 20s - 30s.

There will be NO trading in another remake. - If we where even going to CONSIDER trading it would be for clothing ONLY.

It defeats the laws and point of being a "Pirate" if you trade something it makes you a "Navy dog" not able to loot it yourself. Only acceptation to this would be clothing if that.
:2 cents:

Keep in mind the differnt # of GMs that DIMG had for their team, you will see that then all of our dev staff being GMs is not unreasonable. Especially now that we have downsized considerably recently. There may be further discussion as to the exact # later on.

However, and this is my opinion only, there will be times that members of the another remake team will not be able to participate in an event, so not all of us will be there. Also, events will be scripted as they were with DIMG devs according to the story and characters, and then dived up among the servers. These will then limit the # of GMs that will be on at a time during an event

We are determined to make sure that the another remake experience will be as good as POTCO in many ways as well as better than POTCO in others. The player WILL come first for us. Therefore we are wanting future Host GM Events to be centered around the player expierence.

We will not be using a trading system.

I was told we will have that implemented in the future

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, you have to understand that we GM's will not want a crowd following us on our GM accounts when we loot and each will be making a founder account for ourselves.

Gm's will not be allowed to be on there accounts 24/7 for this very problem.

And even if it was, the point to be made is that such a "discussion" should be handled absolutely with the utmost integrity to where the person bringing up the discussion is not seeking out a response from forums members to where the throwing of dagger knives :daggermouth: needs to be the direct result (as apparent above) from debate made on either side of the issue!

*IF this indeed what has happened, then I do apologize to this forums community and another remake for perhaps facilitating the issue yesterday in a way which has invoked any sort of angst/drama between forums members whom have visited this thread which just happens to be devoted to another remake.

For what it is worth, there was a legitimate point to be made concerning a (recent) need for myself to bring up such discussion to this thread and in addition, I have sought another remake's permission before-hand with the hope of achieving something more valuable than the need for others to give in to unruly drama; enlightenment! :sun:

QUESTION: What expectations (if any) will another remake team members have to meet to retain the GM status once the game goes live? Will the expectations of those involved with either the Alpha or Beta versions of another remake be any different for those whom seek the GM status on live?

Please elaborate somewhat on another remake's own policy as to who will be chosen (from the another remake development team) to represent the authority of another remake via GM, leadership status. :) Thank Ye ~

Good question, but we were only going to be thinking of the answer during alpha.
Also, you have to understand that we GM's will not want a crowd following us on our GM accounts when we loot and each will be making a founder account for ourselves.

Gm's will not be allowed to be on there accounts 24/7 for this very problem.

We will have regular accounts too, where people don't know we're GM's.

I'm not going to lie or sugarcoat this, but if everyone gets GM status. That's awful. I really hope that's not the case. There's tons of flaws to that system then.

Not trying to be rude, just saying, as a future player of another remake, I really hope only certain leaders get GM status.
:iagree: IF everyone involved with another remake had GM access, the "implications" could actually damage another remake (if someone decided to make a decision on their own, without the necessary permissions of the group).
Keep in mind the differnt # of GMs that DIMG had for their team, you will see that then all of our dev staff being GMs is not unreasonable. Especially now that we have downsized considerably recently...this is my opinion only, there will be times that members of the another remake team will not be able to participate in an event, so not all of us will be there. Also, events will be scripted as they were with DIMG devs according to the story and characters, and then dived up among the servers. These will then limit the # of GMs that will be on at a time during an event.

*I distinctly remember my last experience on POTCO, on Sept. 19th, 2013. That day...I did something that I normally do not do while logged onto the game; I took the time to "chill" with the POTCO, player community. (I did this on Abassa, Tortuga).:excited:

Throughout that day, the level of emotions coming from not only myself but also other players as well there was unique, to say the least. Therefore, when a couple of different POTCO Game Master (GM) arrived on Abassa/Tortuga (to either console or encourage the 'spirit' of all of us), the sweeping level of emotions experienced from everyone on that day came pouring out!

At first, the GM arrival seemed to me as legit. *Later on, I began to have my own suspicions as I remember one of the GM's (I believe it was the 'Ben Bowman' GM) mention something uncharacteristic in lieu of the atmosphere of that day. For an unknown reason, this GM mentioned publicly the game, "City of Heroes." :confused: In addition, I began to notice how unprofessional and immature the speech of this GM was becoming.

This morning :eek:, as I sit here typing this message to this thread, I have a second window open on my computer which is a web page shared publicly by a well-known POTCO modder/hacker which involves "numerous" facets of code for the purpose of manipulating POTCO game experience. Still, this particular web page is showing an entry titled, "Game Master Client Code." Now while although this code is only client-sided (in contrast to 'server' side code visibly detected by other players), the point is...how much risk is another remake willing to partake in light of the sharing of such code in consideration to the decision made to give everyone on another remake's development team GM, leadership status?

Correct me if I am wrong but all it would take is for someone not associated with another remake to engage in the manipulation of such coding (while logged onto another remake), take a screenshot of themselves and corresponding chat, and then plaster that kind of misinformation all over the internet deceiving others about another remake. You see what I am getting at? :confused: On the flip side of the coin, say that another remake has everyone as GM due to the size of their development team and then something happens to where one individual makes a wrong choice and/or decision and then another remake's reputation is put entirely at risk.

"No," I feel strongly that another remake should adhere to strict limitations concerning entitling someone as GM because if you think about it, that role itself serves as a representation of another remake to where the game's overall reputation is at stake! Therefore (in my opinion), the GM role should consist of only the 3-4 main developers whom most represent another remake and to whom the gaming community could easily recognize (to the point to where at any given moment of time the speech and/or behavior of the GM would outright thwart the plans of someone trying to pose as them, as a another remake Game Master).

:iagree: IF everyone involved with another remake had GM access, the "implications" could actually damage another remake (if someone decided to make a decision on their own, without the necessary permissions of the group).

*I distinctly remember my last experience on POTCO, on Sept. 19th, 2013. That day...I did something that I normally do not do while logged onto the game; I took the time to "chill" with the POTCO, player community. (I did this on Abassa, Tortuga).:excited:

Throughout that day, the level of emotions coming from not only myself but also other players as well there wasunique, to say the least. Therefore, when a couple of different POTCO Game Master (GM) arrived on Abassa/Tortuga (to either console or encourage the 'spirit' of all of us), the sweeping level of emotions experienced from everyone on that day came pouring out!

At first, the GM arrival seemed to me as legit. *Later on, I began to have my own suspicions as I remember one of the GM's (I believe it was the 'Ben Bowman' GM) mention something uncharacteristic in lieu of the atmosphere of that day. For an unknown reason, this GM mentioned publicly the game, "City of Heroes." :confused: In addition, I began to notice how unprofessional and immature the speech of this GM was becoming.

This morning :eek:, as I sit here typing this message to this thread, I have a second window open on my computer which is a web page shared publicly by a well-known POTCO modder/hacker which involves "numerous" facets of code for the purpose of manipulating POTCO game experience. Still, this particular web page is showing an entry titled, "Game Master Client Code." Now while although this code is only client-sided (in contrast to 'server' side code visibly detected by other players), the point is...how much risk is another remake willing to partake in light of the sharing of such code in consideration to the decision made to give everyone on another remake's development team GM, leadership status?

Correct me if I am wrong but all it would take is for someone not associated with another remake to engage in the manipulation of such coding (while logged onto another remake), take a screenshot of themselves and corresponding chat, and then plaster that kind of misinformation all over the internet deceiving others about another remake. You see what I am getting at? :confused: On the flip side of the coin, say that another remake has everyone as GM due to the size of their development team and then something happens to where one individual makes a wrong choice and/or decision and then another remake's reputation is put entirely at risk.

"No," I feel strongly that another remake should adhere to strict limitations concerning entitling someone as GM because if you think about it, that role itself serves as a representation of another remake to where the game's overall reputation is at stake!Therefore (in my opinion), the GM role should consist of only the 3-4 main developers whom most represent another remake and to whom the gaming community could easily recognize (to the point to where at any given moment of time the speech and/or behavior of the GM would outright thwart the plans of someone trying to pose as them, as a another remake Game Master).

I understand both of your points, and we will certainly take action.

Regarding the first point, we aim to fully protect all code for Pirates Online Rewritten, including our Game Master Client Code. Hopefully, that should stop the overview of code altogether. Also, Python Injectors are already fully protected so that the Pirates Online Rewritten experience is not disturbed or manipulated (also meaning that there should be no way of editing the client code for Game Masters. As soon as an event as such happens, which it should never happen, and I or a member of our crew is notified, action will be taken as follows:
  • The user's IP address and accounts will be indefinitely banned
  • There will be a full news post regarding it, so that players know this is a fake person
Moving on to the second point:
The idea of everyone who is a member of our development team having a Game Master is unlikely, however just as a reward to them, I believe a "Developer" badge would be a compromise. As you said, "the GM role should consist of only the 3-4 main developers whom most represent another remake and to whom the gaming community could easily recognize", and this is probably what will happen.
Hopefully that's answered some questions and cleared up some mist.By the way, everyone, please don't be afraid to post what may seem to be negative questions towards Pirates Online Rewritten (of course, no rudeness or offense). We want the priority to be the players, and always welcome questions.

I am only 17... - However, I know every detail about coding and POTCO weapons, loot, glitches and weapon skills to be head of the department. So I think I am the only one not in his 20-30's. :swashbuckler:

I trust this game more than POTHS

If you trust another remake more than POTHS based on content released, you have to understand that POTHS is from scratch, and that another remake has everything they need right in front of them, all they have to do is put it together. Now if you trust another remake more than POTHS for a different reason than go ahead.
Well personally Nalor, I work for both so I can tell you that both another remake and POTHS will be amazing. If I were you, I wouldn't just judge a game from its rumors.

Judging doesn't always mean not in favor, it also means in favor. And well... just read the bolded blue and red in your comment. :p

If you trust another remake more than POTHS based on content released, you have to understand that POTHS is from scratch, and that another remake has everything they need right in front of them, all they have to do is put it together. Now if you trust another remake more than POTHS for a different reason than go ahead.

Judging doesn't always mean not in favor, it also means in favor. And well... just read the bolded blue and red in your comment. :p

I said that BOTH another remake and POTHS will be amazing.

I'm a little skeptical about both, for the reason that I know the 'developers'. I feel more confident about a professionally run game, where I don't know the staff and they have a professional website. I went on the another remake site and looked at the daily updates though, and am very surprised how well Gleaming is doing creating the game. Additionally, another remake hasn't begged me for money. Hopefully they'll both be dependable and safe though.

I'm a little skeptical about both, for the reason that I know the 'developers'. I feel more confident about a professionally run game, where I don't know the staff and they have a professional website. I went on the another remake site and looked at the daily updates though, and am very surprised how well Gleaming is doing creating the game. Additionally, another remake hasn't begged me for money. Hopefully they'll both be dependable and safe though.
When I say we I'm talking about another remake now, we are not allowed to collect money for unlimited access from using Disney's files. That's all I can say. Sorry if that was too short, but I can't give out anymore details.

I know more and more questions are asked but when I have the time in the car back and forth I start thinking alot and alot more so I have a few more extra questions.

With Rewritten coming out will the old islands return as in the old maps and designs when the game started? Some of the other features were stopped or not go on such as the flip the coin emote and sending one of your pirates to another account. Will those be coming back? I don't know right now is the right time to ask all the questions now since u guys are still making the game but if you can answer as many as u can let me know. :D

would love the old ilands back it will kinda be like a new potco and im sure that be a way to get some player playing again just makes me thinking abut the good old time :D but first things first POTCO must come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back