Pirates Online Rewritten

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know more and more questions are asked but when I have the time in the car back and forth I start thinking alot and alot more so I have a few more extra questions.

With Rewritten coming out will the old islands return as in the old maps and designs when the game started? Some of the other features were stopped or not go on such as the flip the coin emote and sending one of your pirates to another account. Will those be coming back? I don't know right now is the right time to ask all the questions now since u guys are still making the game but if you can answer as many as u can let me know. :D

Hi Davy to answer your question, we're not exactly sure at the moment because we're busy with other things right now, but overall I'm not sure, but regarding the islands, yes. All the islands will remain the same, but I'm not yet sure of the user interface, meaning the inventory and the weapons stash. I will bring this back to Gleamings and ask him of what we are looking at regarding that.

...we aim to fully protect all code for Pirates Online Rewritten, including our Game Master Client Code. Hopefully, that should stop the overview of code altogether. Also, Python Injectors are already fully protected so that the Pirates Online Rewritten experience is not disturbed or manipulated.

In my best "owl" voice, WHO specifically on the another remake development team is responsible for another remake "security" and/or the (reverse), reverse-engineering of the python program code which was used to manipulate POTCO coding? Would you mind sharing this information with the community?
(also meaning that there should be no way of editing the client code for Game Masters. As soon as an event as such happens, which it should never happen, and I or a member of our crew is notified, action will be taken as follows:
  • The user's IP address and accounts will be indefinitely banned
  • There will be a full news post regarding it, so that players know this is a fake person

1. Concerning a another remake players' IP address, would that even be possible considering that many individuals today rely upon a "dynamic" IP address (which constantly changes)?
  2. When the news story breaks out about any given player found guilty of such action, how effective would that be considering another remake's statement within this thread pertaining to another remake players being granted permission to "trade" entire accounts off-line with other another remake players? Will another remake have a plan of action in place to track the various alias' of any given another remake player?
The idea of everyone who is a member of our development team having a Game Master is unlikely, however just as a reward to them, I believe a "Developer" badge would be a compromise. As you said, "the GM role should consist of only the 3-4 main developers whom most represent another remake and to whom the gaming community could easily recognize", and this is probably what will happen.
Concerning the wording bolded in blue, does this mean that another remake does not yet have a plan of action in place concerning who specifically will become a another remake Game Master (GM)? If so, when could the community (of ex-POTCO players) be informed appropriately concerning another remake's "official" decision that is made concerning the GM issue?

Last question I promise, lol (my apologies). :oops: *Is there anything stated within the thread I am including below that has since changed for another remake? (Note: the responses were collected approximately 2 months ago and since that time, there might have been some changes which permits another remake now to 'fully' answer those such questions).

https://piratesforums.co/threads/ex...as-pirates-online-rewritten.9265/#post-152280

Thank Ye ~ ;)

1. Concerning a another remake players' IP address, would that even be possible considering that many individuals today rely upon a "dynamic" IP address (which constantly changes)?
  2. When the news story breaks out about any given player found guilty of such action, how effective would that be considering another remake's statement within this thread pertaining to another remake players being granted permission to "trade" entire accounts off-line with other another remake players? Will another remake have a plan of action in place to track the various alias' of any given another remake player?

I would like to comment on this as well, as my friend Shamus did.

About the player's IP, couldn't they use a Proxy? (I don't even know if that's the correct word usage)

I also think it would be better not to make a story about it. It gives them the spotlight the feed on. They do it for the "fame"; by giving them the spotlight, you're feeding their hacking soul lol.

I also think it would be better not to make a story about it. It gives them the spotlight the feed on. They do it for the "fame"; by giving them the spotlight, you're feeding their hacking soul lol.

:iagree: In addition to the above, if it was even possible to track down and then to understand whom was at fault...what if a mistake was made to where the publishing of the wrong pirate was at fault?

I believe strongly in holding people accountable for their actions but basically, it is the "what if's" that could either make or break the reputation of another remake if such a system of publishing (names) is put in place.

In my best "owl" voice, WHO specifically on the another remake development team is responsible for another remake "security" and/or the (reverse), reverse-engineering of the python program code which was used to manipulate POTCO coding? Would you mind sharing this information with the community?

Concerning the wording bolded in blue, does this mean that another remake does not yet have a plan of action in place concerning who specifically will become a another remake Game Master (GM)? If so, when could the community (of ex-POTCO players) be informed appropriately concerning another remake's "official" decision that is made concerning the GM issue?

Last question I promise, lol (my apologies). :oops: *Is there anything stated within the thread I am including below that has since changed for another remake? (Note: the responses were collected approximately 2 months ago and since that time, there might have been some changes which permits another remake now to 'fully' answer those such questions).

https://piratesforums.co/threads/ex...as-pirates-online-rewritten.9265/#post-152280

Thank Ye ~ ;)

Well, we have several people protecting Pirates Online Rewritten - however, Tomislav Revenger is the main guy behind the block of Python Injectors.

I think I was just tired last night and didn't really think through the two actions I would take. First of all, it would be literally impossible to do so now that the Python Injectors are all blocked. Even if they manage to reverse engineer our code (which we haven't actually done with POTCO's), where will they be? They won't be able to change anything in-game.

But, let's just pretend they got in and are pretending to be Game Masters. However ineffective it may be, much like Disney did, the account will be taken away. Secondly, there will only be a few Game Masters and will have easily recognizable traits. Finally, remember, we have the eyes on every aspect of the game, so if people have something better to recommend, please reply.

Remember, Pirates Online Rewritten is still early in development and soon the answers may change. We are currently unsure on our Game Masters and how it would work - We may not think about it until late alpha (alpha release due on the 30th April 2014).

Regarding the final question (please feel free to ask them), three of the answers have changed (one of them still "sort of" unanswered.

We will have a triple locked database, in which only myself will have.
Our updates will also occur once a month.

We mainly aim to fix the main hacking during the alpha period.

Note: If another remake does not mind, I would like to "pick apart" a few things which were said for the purpose of obtaining clarity. With that said, let me point out the following below for greater understanding.

Well, we have several people protecting Pirates Online Rewritten - however, Tomislav Revenger is the main guy behind the block of Python Injectors.
And what are his credentials (prior to POTCO's closing)? Without myself sounding too much like a creeper or troll, what were the names of his pirates on POTCO before Sept. 19th?

On POTCO's D-Day, Sept. 19th, I remember Tomislav running around on Abassa/Tortuga trying to encourage everyone to take screenshots (or 'record' footage) of the game stating there was a POTCO remake in the works. This pirate of his was only a lvl 18, making it seem to me that this pirate of his at the time was only a alternative of his.

*If it's OK for me to ask, I am curious to understand who Tomislav's "main" pirates were and how he came about to ultimately help a few of the important aspects of another remake's development.
...First of all, it would be literally impossible to do so now that the Python Injectors are all blocked. Even if they manage to reverse engineer our code (which we haven't actually done with POTCO's), where will they be? They won't be able to change anything in-game.
First, does this mean that another remake is acknowledging that all public coding used to manipulate POTCO is blocked? Even most of the coding that was essentially, "Edgemalley-ized" all over the internet? :confused:

Second, I don't mean for this to sound the wrong way but the mistake that was made by POTCO support/staff members during 2013 was that they too believed strongly in such "absolutes." What I mean is, regardless of the complaints sent to them concerning POTCO's in-game security, their own thinking was that security lapses occurred only as a result of the sharing of player, account information. *While that was true in a sense, the belief in such a singular absolute was - in my opinion - foolish of them on their part to fully disregard and/or acknowledge the loopholes which did exist via use of the Panda 3D gaming engine (and subsequent 'python' coding).
...there will only be a few Game Masters and will have easily recognizable traits... Remember, Pirates Online Rewritten is still early in development and soon the answers may change. We are currently unsure on our Game Masters and how it would work - We may not think about it until late alpha (alpha release due on the 30th April 2014).
If there will indeed be only a few Game Masters (GM) for another remake, I do hope this is communicated openly to everyone on the Wiki because one thing that I have noticed in reviewing both another remake and POTHS is that just about everyone under the sun wants to be either a game founder, developer, or GM based upon their "limited" contributions to either project.

In a sense, GM access is an issue which needs to be settled quickly because whether we like it or not, a lot of (individual) demands will be flung towards the direction of both another remake and POTHS in a tone similar to what I have experienced on POTCO when I used to sail my War Frigate around and a random player would yell, "PORT, PORT," in total disregard to others' needs and the needs of the crew (or team).:boat::rolleyes:

Note: If another remake does not mind, I would like to "pick apart" a few things which were said for the purpose of obtaining clarity. With that said, let me point out the following below for greater understanding.

And what are his credentials (prior to POTCO's closing)? Without myself sounding too much like a creeper or troll, what were the names of his pirates on POTCO before Sept. 19th?

On POTCO's D-Day, Sept. 19th, I remember Tomislav running around on Abassa/Tortuga trying to encourage everyone to take screenshots (or 'record' footage) of the game stating there was a POTCO remake in the works. This pirate of his was only a lvl 18, making it seem to me that this pirate of his at the time was only a alternative of his.

*If it's OK for me to ask, I am curious to understand who Tomislav's "main" pirates were and how he came about to ultimately help a few of the important aspects of another remake's development.
First, does this mean that another remake is acknowledging that all public coding used to manipulate POTCO is blocked? Even most of the coding that was essentially, "Edgemalley-ized" all over the internet? :confused:

Second, I don't mean for this to sound the wrong way but the mistake that was made by POTCO support/staff members during 2013 was that they too believed strongly in such "absolutes." What I mean is, regardless of the complaints sent to them concerning POTCO's in-game security, their own thinking was that security lapses occurred only as a result of the sharing of player, account information. *While that was true in a sense, the belief in such a singular absolute was - in my opinion - foolish of them on their part to fully disregard and/or acknowledge the loopholes which did exist via use of the Panda 3D gaming engine (and subsequent 'python' coding).

If there will indeed be only a few Game Masters (GM) for another remake, I do hope this is communicated openly to everyone on the Wiki because one thing that I have noticed in reviewing both another remake and POTHS is that just about everyone under the sun wants to be either a game founder, developer, or GM based upon their "limited" contributions to either project.

In a sense, GM access is an issue which needs to be settled quickly because whether we like it or not, a lot of (individual) demands will be flung towards the direction of both another remake and POTHS in a tone similar to what I have experienced on POTCO when I used to sail my War Frigate around and a random player would yell, "PORT, PORT," in total disregard to others' needs and the needs of the crew (or team).:boat::rolleyes:
Hi Shamus, people who join on the first day of another remake's release will recurve a founder status. Otherwise, all staff and developers will have a GM account and a developer account.

First of all, Tomislav was most likely not that person - he didn't know about Pirates Online Rewritten until after Pirates of the Caribbean Online had closed (also, the idea of Pirates Online Rewritten was not introduced until after Pirates of the Caribbean Online). I will also find out the pirates he had and will bring in the Pirates of the Caribbean Online credentials as soon as possible.

Yes, all public coding used to manipulate Pirates Online Rewritten is blocked. We would give the method, however it is for the safety of Pirates Online Rewritten that it is not shown how we managed to stop it.

Our customer support team will review every complaint we receive in our mail box. As you may well know, security is very important to us. Therefore, every complaint will be under review and we will take action. So no worries about that at all.

I will point out more of the fact that the likely solution to our Game Master issue would be that a select few will be chosen only.

Hi Shamus, people who join on the first day of another remake's release will recurve a founder status. Otherwise, all staff and developers will have a GM account and a developer account.

I'm afraid it's unlikely that every member of staff will be given a Game Master account. However, each person who has made a contribution to Pirates Online Rewritten will receive a developer badge.

However, on a brighter side, if during full release we find that the Game Master issue gives no problems, we would probably grant more developers with a Game Master account.

First of all, Tomislav was most likely not that person - he didn't know about Pirates Online Rewritten until after Pirates of the Caribbean Online had closed (also, the idea of Pirates Online Rewritten was not introduced until after Pirates of the Caribbean Online). I will also find out the pirates he had and will bring in the Pirates of the Caribbean Online credentials as soon as possible.
I would appreciate that; "thank you" kindly for doing so, Gleamings.:) Also, if the below video helps at all, the following time-stamps (according to 'local' chat initiated by Tomislav) can be viewed in full screen!
  • At 04:37 - 04:57, Tomislav announces that himself and his "team" are remaking POTCO
  • At 06:01 - 06:11, closeup of Tomislav, his lvl, and his guild
  • At 08:06 - 08:15, chat window is fully open to appropriately review some of Tomislav's (local chat)

I would appreciate that; "thank you" kindly for doing so, Gleamings.:) Also, if the below video helps at all, the following time-stamps (according to 'local' chat initiated by Tomislav) can be viewed in full screen!
  • At 04:37 - 04:57, Tomislav announces that himself and his "team" are remaking POTCO
  • At 06:01 - 06:11, closeup of Tomislav, his lvl, and his guild
  • At 08:06 - 08:15, chat window is fully open to appropriately review some of Tomislav's (local chat)

I since found out this is him. Weird how he can predict the future though.

We all have faults. Let he who does not be the first to throw a stone at them, aye?

*What separates the men from the boys (and the ladies from the girls) is that individuals need to learn to recognize such faults and turn in the opposite direction from them! ;)

Well. im trying to put out that most hackers lie because if they don't lie most of the time that cant really hack.

Okay, sorry for the confusion, Captain Star is right. We are not giving out anymore Alpha Keys.Okay, sorry for the confusion, Captain Star is right. We are not giving out anymore Alpha Keys.

The Alpha Keys sign up will re-open when the Alpha date is more prominent to us.

Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys. I created new account because i forgot all about old one lol!
So I played potco for 3 and half years, never buyed premium. I had one year pause
and then i decided to start playing potco again. I was shocked because I came back on september 15 and game closed on september 19 therefore i managed to get only to level 18 and be banned on one day (I got banned day before close down) luckly they unbanned me 3 hours before final shut down.
I recorded a lot of content with my friends, we made team and next day when potco was closed we started learning unity. We made some progres, but team felt apart 4 months ago and i continued alone. I was working until 2 months ago when Patric C. informed me about another remake team. I joined them and now I'm here!
If this fails I will continue alone as i was doing before, cheeres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back