Announcement Six Years of Pirates Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos to @Irene indeed and her masterful craft in graphics. Where would we be without her?!

This anniversary really touches me though because it signifies that a site that was a beacon of hope in a time of need for our community has withstood the test that was precipitated by POTCO's abrupt end. The test of time. We felt so lost, so nervous, and unsure about everything. Some of us were able to overcome the troubles of a community that we thought would spiral into oblivion, written for a seift death. We fought for the some of us who became lost and disappeared into the shadows. Yet, back we came. Many of us have found each other again, and even those who haven't found each other have found new bonds with people from our great community.

It touches me I was able to see this time come around because for a while I felt as though for some of the unnecessary troubles I've inflicted upon this site with the association of a bad apple produced from our tree that perhaps it was right of the community to distance themselves from me as I did with them. Yet, I've found many even after my misdeeds welcome me into this friendly community that it has always been and always will hopefully always will be. I wish I'd been here back in the days when it was first founded. No doubt they were glorious times. Yet, still regardless of my completely missing this site I am glad to still have found it when I did because it has helped me perceive things differently.

Thank you staff, past, current, and future. Thank you for the veteran members who have been here since day one. Thank you new comers for continuing to come and verify my belief that we aren't so easily condemned to self destruction. Thank you all. If I had to choose, though, I'd like to thank @Davy Darkrage today for creating something that has become the glue to an everlasting future for the kind community of POTCO.

I happened across this forum via a simple Google search (Shout out to the big G :fo:). I liked how the community (Full of wonderful people) was always kind funny and helpful. Being here has helped immensely in making the current struggle life has brought more bearable. #Long Live The Pirate Forums

I played Pirates Online when I was 7/8 years old until it was taken down. It had the single most impact when compared to any other game I've played, getting me very enthusiastic about gaming as a whole. I discovered it was making a comeback just recently, and I can't tell you how excited I am! 10 years later and here it is! This is wonderful!

I played Pirates of the Caribbean Online back in 2008-2010. I really enjoyed the game a lot, and so for the past 2 years or so I've been looking for the successor of the game, where I stumbled upon this a while back right before the map was made or something like that. I didn't know how far this would get but I had hope. And now it's amazing seeing the progress!

I came across the forums whenever I joined TLOPO (back in December of 2015). It took me a while to make an account, but I decided to join because I heard that it was the place where all the pirate talk, news and events are posted! I haven't been disappointed. Thanks for being such an awesome community! :)

-Tobias

I came across this forum and project a couple years ago when I had a sudden wash of nostalgia and wanted to play POTCO again. Of course it was shut down, but I found this forum. I've periodically checked in and I'm anxiously waiting for the time I can fulfill that nostalgic desire from several years ago. I've only now decided to officially create my account to celebrate the time I've spent waiting and browsing.

Found the forums oh so many sails ago! Perfect place to hang out with friends when we weren't on POTCO....made lots of new friends, created sailing parties and learned how to max the 'nades out! Learned a lot, laughed a lot and never felt alone--this is an awesome community!

I've been with forums for a week or so, Pirates Online since January, and the original since, well, a long long time ago.

I've rejoined due to the memories I've made in the game with my closest friend. We both had Alpha keys, and now with Beta we will be happy testers. I have been unable to find any MMO that I've been attracted that had both fantasy and realism. The simplicity of POTCO made the game amazing, and I'm extremely happy that it is going to be back.

Just wanted to say that I appreciate everyone's support, now and over the years. When I started the forums, I had no idea it would take on a life of its own. It quickly became one of the most active POTCO communities on the internet, which took me by surprise. I say this every year, but I truly never thought we'd make it this far or be in the position we are today.

My heartfelt thanks go out to the rest of the staff, who have made the forums a greater place than I ever could alone. They are the ones who keep the forums running smoothly, and for that I am immensely grateful.

Of course, the forums would not be what they are without the community. Thank you all for being a part of it, I think we have bright days ahead of us.

Davy

I've been a member of the Forums for years (I forgot my old account info so this is a new profile.) I always liked checking for fun competitions and events. I was able to meet quite a few friends on here whom I still talk to today. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back