Announcement Six Years of Pirates Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 2 years ago I sat down to watch one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. After the movie, POTCO came across my mind and I started scrambling through the web searching, hoping to maybe find someone recreating this amazing game that was the highlight of my childhood. That's when I found TLOPO and I ended up on these forums. Pirates Forums has reunited me with my old friends and has brought me together with new ones! Can't wait to see all of you again in beta!:)

My coming here was really by happy accident now that I think about it. If it wasn't for the fact that I started moving away from my PS4 and onto my PC before hearing about all the times that the various fanbases went back to games that were essentially shut down and brought up their servers. After a short period of time and a google search, I ended up at the main site for the game itself, then here at the forums.
To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised by not only the volume of people here, but their attitudes as well. People were all so welcoming and it reminds me of just how great the community was then, and still is today. I mean, I went scrolling through the forums one day and after a quick glance at the staff who were online I found an officer from my old guild. I'm not too sure whether or not they want to be tagged in here, but it was Kat Five Knives. They were one of the people I was closest to back in the original game, and just seeing their name brought back a flood of memories. It had been over three years since I last spoke with them, but it was as if only a few moments had passed. It's one of those things that just makes you feel good. We caught up for a bit and I learned that the old guild site was still up. So I went back and updated as much as I could in preparation for the game. All of this lead up to my making of a video to celebrate of all that had happened in my own little way. I really can't express my gratitude enough for all of this. I've been able to talk to people I haven't seen in ages and meet new people to hopefully form bonds with. Raise a glass, a mug, a bottle, whatever you've got. Raise it up high, and give thanks for everything this community and its staff have brought forth.

To start off with, let me just say that I've never really been into forums, so I tend to avoid them. I was obsessed with POTCO and so a few years back (after it closed) I googled it, and a link to TLOPO came up and I clicked on it. At the time people were saying that this remake was probably going to get canned, and so I left & forgot about it (sorry!). I would occasionally remember & check up on the forums, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago when my friend showed me the new POTC trailer that I checked again and saw the significant amount of progress that has been made (yus!!!!). So I finally signed up so that I could get regular updates and, much to my surprise, I've come to find that I actually really enjoy the forums here. xx

Happy 6th Anniversary! ....where's the rum?! hahaha....
Thanks to all who make it possible for all us pirates, to have a place to escape.
kauai sunrise.jpg

Happy 6 year anniversary pirate forums! I have been on the forums for 5 1/2 years and it has been a great experience. My old friend asked me to join and I actually joined the wrong forums at first but I eventually found the right one and I'm so glad I did. This is the only forums that I've ever stayed active on and that has to do with the community. All the staff have been so professional and i never felt unwelcome. And it's been so amazing to see the community just keep getting bigger. POTCO did bring me here but i stayed because of all you amazing people. So thank you @Davy Darkrage for creating this forums and thank you to all the community for making me want to stay. Here's to 60 more years! :D

What brought me here?
- Hope to find old friends from POTCO. And, of course, access to breaking news about the reconstruction of the game

What kept me here?
- A wonderful example of team work, an astonishing resilience of the community and, last but not least, friendship and hope in the future.

Congratulations

I didn't know of the forums till after awhile of when I found TLOPO. When I first saw it I didn't think I would really post anything so what was the point but I'm so glad I joined, we have such a great community here! I've shared ideas for the game and I love how people naturally share their ideas and there's no hate toward them. Happy Anniversary! :congrats::congrats1:

The way I came across the forums was through TLOPO's main page. I came here to win a key. I perceive the future of this site will help me in times of glitching or bugging out. I cannot wait to relive my days as a pirate online. I wish the staff the best of luck on reviving the only MMO that I love.

Firstly I would like to congratulate the entire staff for all the amazing and hard work they have done for us in the past and until now. You have no idea how much we all appreciate and wish we could give you something in return. Anyways, I am very glad I have stumbled upon this game. Initially I came across the game when my brother once told me that there was this amazing adventure which involved a person creating his own pirate and making his was to the max level, which obviously requires you to level up skills and such. I had never actually looked at the forums until the game had closed. Later on, in the year of 2014 I had found out there was a remake of the game being currently worked upon, which at that time was known as ''Pirates of the Caribbean Online -Rewritten. I had decided to join the forums and that is when I realized how united this amazing community is. Then I said I must have an alpha and worked my way into winning one. Now after the staff has arrived to where we are today, I am very grateful and happy. I would say the pirate forums community has impacted my life in a very positive way and knowing that in the future days i'll be able to play this amazing game once makes me entirely satisfied that I've joined this community.

Again I would like to greatly thank this amazing team for all the hard work they have accomplished and would like to show my support.

Sincerely, Kyle.

I've been trying to remember the reason that I originally joined, but I can't. I know it was back when I first got into looting and ranking. So maybe to post screenshots? Maybe because of knowing some of the staff? Maybe because a friend told me? Wish I knew!

What I do know is that I love this site and its staff and the community to bits. I'm thrilled that it survived the days and months after POTCO's closing so that we could all be here now to celebrate PF's accomplishments.

We have a very bright future ahead. Can't wait to spend every second of it with all of you :)

Congratulations PF! :high5:

First of all, very nice announcement you had me to the brink of tears. Second, when the original Pirates closed i was heartbroken and crying so much. I know it sounds ridiculous but i did, i played the game when i was very young and i never found a game quite like it. After a long time of Sadness and grief, POTCO was released and i was overcome with joy and I immediately researched it and realized my childhood game is back, I don't know how i can repay the staff behind POTCO, but i will one day. Until then, stay shifty and pirate on!

The pirate community is great, and it's one of my most favorite things about the Pirates Online game. It's wonderful to be able look forward to playing with others and to connect with other people and share time away from life through this online platform. I've been around the islands since '08 and been around wikia since '11 and TLOPO marks my entry into the forums '16. Cheers, it's a pirates life for me.

Found the game from a comercial and when I was young it got the family around the computer.. devastating to see it go but one day I found the forums and herd people like me still care and want to bring my childhood happiness back! I've met some pretty good friends here! All kind and welcoming! Great community and great progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back