Announcement Six Years of Pirates Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
:congrats:
Awesome that the forums has been around for so long. Was great to be able to still communicate with friends when POTCO closed. And even better getting new friends on here - means alot :)

Been on here since 2011 and I remember I just fell upon the link to it when I googled POTCO so made an account and forgot about it awhile lol but happy I returned later on :)

Last edited:
I joined a good few years ago... I was becoming more of a community member, firstly joining the Wiki, then being told of the forums from there. It's an awesome job what you forum staff do, and I'm sure we wouldn't have as much involvement in these rebuild projects as we would without them. The forums also help keep up the morale in anticipation of TLOPO (and other projects beforehand) and shows the developers how grateful we are.

I heard about the forums on the irc early this year. I like it here ever since then :) I like meeting new people from time to time, discussing everything that is in my interest and of course help others with their problems and talk about things they post :)

I've known about the forums almost as long as it has existed but back then I was only like 10 years old and had no reason to join. After POTCO closed I forgot all about these forums until I heard that another remake (Rewritten) had been cancelled and that TLOPO rose from its ashes. I finally decided to make an account on here after TLOPO started to show some promise in their development. Between these forums and the wiki, my memories of POTCO have never faded from my mind so thank you for keeping the fire of Pirates Online burning even through everything that this community has been through.

Grats on 6 years everyone! It is so rewarding to be part of the forums staff and to be a member of this community. Special thanks to Davy and Star for paying bills, doing maintenance/making improvements, and keeping the site running over 3 years since POTCO closed.

My favorite memories were definitely all the meet and greets we have had over the years. I can't wait to continue having them once beta is released!

Thanks to everyone who is a part of this community!
:pirate ship:

I wound up playing pirates as kind of an "out" from my life. I've never had the most comfortable life and alot of bad stuff has happened to me so i used pirates as away to get away from the bad stuff and it just kind of stuck. Im not going to sit here and type some long sob story so instead im just going to thank @Davy Darkrage for making these forums and keeping us all connected and together for these past years and hopefully longer still

Congratulations to a 6th year after seeing this post :)
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

I'll just answer the questions real quick and try be brief :p

What brought me here?
- Honestly I don't even remember how I came across the forums... probably it was after browsing around or heard it from people in tortuga or guildies, I really don't remember anymore lol

What kept me here?
- Even though I have taken long breaks from here - always checking e-mails though, I think the reason I still log in is that it's nice to see how people have changed in the span of 6 years. I can remember lots of things being different back then, different troubles, different worries and different celebrations going on to what's up now. It's just the whole concept of change I'm interested in.

Now, the staff and I want to give you all a chance to walk down memory lane. It doesn't matter if you've been here 5 years, 5 months, or 5 minutes - we want to hear your voice! How did you come across Pirates Forums? What drew you in to the community? How has Pirates Forums impacted your life? Share your stories below! In exchange for replying, you'll be awarded a medal that will serve to commemorate the forum's 6th anniversary
I found this community because one day I was bored and I searched up Pirates Online. Then I searched up Pirate Forums, because I had been part of the first forums years ago, and this site came up. I clicked on it, and to my surprise I found a very active and friendly community, which I had not expected because at the time I didn't know about the recreation project. So I was like "dam sam" and I was happy because Alpha was already underway when I came.

The forums is a great community, and I only had wished that I had been apart of this amazing forums earlier, unfortunately, it took me awhile to join here, which I highly regret, in fact six years ago was when I first really started to play the game a lot often, due to this I really wish I had joined back in 2010. Keep up the good work of this great community, I say to all mods and developers.

It's hard for me to recall how I stumbled across the forums. I do remember acting in a fan film in POTCO about On Stranger Tides and this was the site where I would talk to friends about it. After that I've basically used this site as the only site that I check for news of TLOPO (other than the game site) and Pirates of the Caribbean in general. I also like to check in with old friends from POTCO here as well. Thank you to all of the mods, greeters, @Davy Darkrage and all of the staff at the forums for making a great website. Happy Anniversary Pirates Forums! :) :flag1:

I came across the forums while playing during alpha, and honestly the main reason I decided to come was to see if any of my old potco buddies would be here, although some of them don't have a forums account I have come across a few in-game. And honestly, it brought tears to my eyes, planning to farm/level&quest together, and just talking about old memories. POTCO was everything to me, and to this day still is "along with the movies of course." And the forums has been very helpful in keeping up with the updates and news and whatnot. And it's also allowed me, and many others to share ideas about new content and help others out. It's a good thing, and im happy that it's here. So TLOPO staff, get yer selves a bottle 'o rum on me and try helpin' o'l Cap'n Jack Sparrow stay out o' trouble! Savvy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back