Announcement Six Years of Pirates Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I played POTCO I absolutely loved it. I last played this game so long ago (probably before 2010) that although I don't remember much of the details of the game, I remember that I enjoyed every second of it, and I'm very happy to have found a community that also shares this opinion.

I've not even been here for 3 weeks, and I can already tell that this is a community I want to stay a part of for a long time. I wish the best of luck to everyone here, and especially those working on the TLOPO project. Happy 6th Anniversary.

Last edited:
Well, when I first started like supporting tlopo more seriously and not only watching the development streams, I was desperate to learn the beta release date. So, I used to log in the site every day, and then i realized the little forums button. When i found out about the forums i used to get on every day 2 or 3 times a day, (without being signed in) and searched the words: "beta" "beta release date" and this sort of stuff. One day i decided to be a proper member and came into the forums with this account. I definitely don't regret this decision. I remember the first day i was a member, instead of posting a thread in new members , I accidentally sent the message that was supposed to be a new members thread, to John Foulroberts :p I was surprised he didn't laugh at me or make fun of me :)

That's about it :) oh gosh that is long :p

Almost hard to believe that it's been 6 years! I was hesitant to join for a while, back in the beginning. I was trying to run my own forums for my guild... well, that in the end didn't even last the end of POTCO. I'm glad I gave up and joined here. This forums is full of family. A family that has stuck together through the end of POTCO and into the beginning of TLOPO.

Here's to the next 6 years and beyond! :cheers:

found out about the forums once I found out about tlopo!

I actually use to come to the site just for updates on tlopo haha lurked for a good 3 months until I finally joined, and that was a choice I do not regret:) one of the best communities ive ever been in imo and everyone is so nice and awesome you guys are seriously amazing :D happy 6th everyone :congrats:

Reason I joined: I joined these forums because I remember being told to by someone back when I was in Spania and I've just ended up sticking around all these years because of the community that these forums have brought together.

Favorite Memory: To be honest, I've been here so long that a lot of memories for me stand out to me as my favorites, such as the Meet and Greets back in POTCO. The meeting of random people from the forums and just being like "hey dont i know you from the for um?".

Those were were a couple of my more favorite memories but I'd say my most favorite was just the memory (or memories) I've gotten from all of the people I've been able to friend because of these forums during the years POTCO was open and even during the years of its' closure.

To sum up my poorly written nostalgic drivel, here's hoping that the forums and its' community continue on for many more years. :cheers:

Last edited:
ah.. so long already? time flies! Only joined in 2012, but i think it was some Dark Archive peeps that dragged me here! Ever thankful for that one mention of this great website. Thanks to Mr. Darkrage for keeping us afloat during smooth sailing and stormy seas!

Yo ho yo ho, it's a pirate's life for me!:cheers::cheers: A toast to Pirates Forums and the Admins and Mods who keep us safe!:pirate ship:

I joined the pirates forums just recently, right before alpha closed. My cousin had told me about the reopening of this game and we used to play it all the time. I was drawn in by the interesting topics that fellow pirates were discussing and the overall niceness of the community. Pirates forums has helped me keep up to date with the progress of the game and what ideas are being thrown around. I can't wait for Beta!

I found the forums through the Youtube channel of JohnnyDaPirate. I subscribed to him when info about Pirates Online Rewritten was coming out. We know how that went, but when news of TLOPO started up I was really interested in finding out more. He had a link to these forums in his video descriptions so I checked it out. I lurked for a good while, and I suppose that is what I still do, but I wanted to follow development news of TLOPO easily and play the Alpha, so I joined the forums. Looking forward to Beta!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back