Announcement Six Years of Pirates Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I encountered pf.co while searching for old Pirates of the Caribbean Online things; a while after, I found out it was merging with TLOPO. I encountered it and what really made me stay was the wonderful community. It was wonderful to see that so many people still cared about POTCO years after it was gone. Here's hoping that pf.co will continue to grow for years to come!

Oh boy, guess its my turn! Well, I found POTCO from searching for pirates of the Caribbean themed PC games back in 2010, after I had moved away from my Ps3. I instantly fell in love with it, and played it almost every day from then on until it sadly closed, but I met quite a few good friends along the way, but lost all but a couple of them within a year of the games closing :/. After POTCO closed, a couple of my friends and I moved to SWTOR and fell in love with that game (still play it regularly to this day, and I've made some friends there that have joined the TLOPO/PF community too). But I was always hoping someone would recreate this game. Then a friend told me about another remake (The original, Pirates Online Rewritten, not the other, newer one) and joined the forums there, later becoming a forums staff member there, and made some great friends that I still talk to today. After another remake kinda fell apart, then merged with TLOPO, I followed and ended becoming an Alpha tester, and all that led me to these forums, which I had known about for awhile but had almost forgotten. So I decided "Why not, I guess I'll join these forums!" So I did, and I've loved the community ever since! ^-^

Long story short; I've been part of the extended potco and potco remake communities for awhile now, but didn't get around to making a PF account till earlier this year :p

I used to play Pirates of the Caribbean Online when it was still runed by Disney, I had quit around when fishing was just released. Then one day I questioned myself about the game and looked to see if it was still kicking, and thats when I found out about this community recreating the game, so i joined along since I had some fond times playing the game way back then.

I don't exactly remember how I came across the forums initially.. there was a period of time where I knew about it but didn't want to register because I knew it was a distraction I didn't need. (That's still the case to this day lol). I think I finally joined when I found out about TLOPO because I wanted to follow their progress. That, and I wanted to join in the alpha competitions.. guilty :p I don't regret a day of it though, it is now one of my only sources of entertainment while I'm at college that I can just check in between classes and such. There's video games, but that's not commonly a 15 minute study break like this can be :)

I wanna thank everyone here: Pirates Forums staff, TLOPO staff, and the POTCO/TLOPO community for making this awesome forum what it is. Also, special thanks to the admins who are so responsive and open to ideas/changes if need be. (I remember there was a week when thread prefixes were just being implemented that I kept pestering @John Foulroberts about color changes, and he would actually change them within like 10 minutes of my comments. Crazy good customer service right there :D )

happy anniversary ya dinguses.

I remember making an account for this cause people from Spania were. never ever imagined I would be revisiting this site after years. hard to believe there's this strong of a community for an old pirates of the Caribbean themed mmorpg.

I came across Pirates Forums by means of my brother @PirateJasonS recommending that I join. I'm going to be honest, due to college I'm not that active on the forums. But once I graduate that will hopefully change. I want to follow TLOPO and see where it goes. I'm excited to play Pirates Online again, and this is the best outlet that I've discovered to do so. Here's to another 6 years of growth and success!

I remember being recruited by Treasurer to join Spania. At that time, our forum home
was one of the other forums that were used by players of POTCO.
I didn't spend a lot of time of the forums, as I was too busy actually
playing the game. One day I went on and noticed I had mail telling me that
the members of Spania had migrated over to where I call home now.
Went to this site, signed up, and the rest is history.

I know everyone is thanking Davy, and there have been a couple posts thanking me (thank you).
But in all honesty, the reason why we have been a success is due to our members.
So, I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart
to each and everyone of you that has graced these Forums over the past six years.

Last edited:
Wow, its been a long run, and we keep on kicking here huh? That's Great!

I reckon I found the forums recently as my interest for Potco rose up inside of me after remembering the wonderful time I had playing it as a younging. When I signed up it didn't take to long for me to see how vast and beautiful the Tlopo community is, and I wouldn't like this place any other way, anywho, wonderful 6th year and looking forward to the Beta!
:cheers::bang::cheers:

I am just so glad that this exists again! The community here is so wonderful, and the game was such a great place to make friends and have fun online. I actually found this while reminiscing about the old game. I was looking for anything related, then found the forums and Alpha. Needless to say, I was ecstatic, and logged onto Alpha as soon as I possibly could!

I can't recall how exactly I ended up here, but I know for a fact that this will be something I will never forget! It's been incredible to watch this community grow and change over the course of 5 years. I never expected these forums to become a virtual home for me.

When I first joined I didn't have any special connections, or know anyone at all, matter of fact. I started posting around and involved myself in various activities that took place. Eventually, I found myself conversing and hanging out with forum members more and more. Before I knew it, I had a plethora of friends and acquaintances who were most definitely the icing on the cake.

I've even been lucky enough to become apart of the lovely staff here. It was a pleasant surprise when the offer was extended! The staff here consists of many exceptionally pleasant and cheerful individuals. I couldn't ask to work with a better team!

This community really is something special. You don't see many like it.

I originally started POTCO a month ago, and quickly started frequently seeing this, so I figured I'd look in, and now its so much fun, such a fun community, so many fun and exciting people, and enjoyable to read updates!!! Congrats on 6 years guys!!!!!

Greetings to all!

As I lead into the main topic, I want to put something in perspective...

Pirates Online released on October 31, 2007. This year, it'll have been nine years old. How did the time fly by so quickly? Well, for one thing, I can say that time flies when you're with people you love and care about - and also when you're having fun.

On Pirates Forums, we've established a platform to effectively cater to this same dynamic. We've built a strong, passionate community of post-POTCO refugees and pirate lovers alike that are now patiently awaiting the reincarnation of the thing that brought us together - our mutual interest and link.

Coincidentally, Pirates Forums was also founded in the month of October, complementing that of Pirates Online's release. Today, October 12, happens to be the forum's 6th anniversary. As a community, we've been through a lot of difficulties that have tested our strength and dedication. We've also stuck together for the better part of a decade already - hard to believe, right?

I feel old.

Anyway, I'd like to take a moment to celebrate this awesome milestone. My heartfelt thanks goes out to our entire moderation team, support staff, TLOPO staff, and - let's not forget the man behind it all - @Davy Darkrage. Without all of you, Pirates Forums would not be the thriving, flourishing, and welcoming place it is today.

My thanks also should not neglect all of our wonderful community members. Our membership has skyrocketed in the past few months - our numbers are growing now more than they ever have before. I'm so excited to see all of you so willing to join us on our journey into TLOPO's Beta phase - there's a lot of hope for the future and it certainly is looking promising.

Now, the staff and I want to give you all a chance to walk down memory lane. It doesn't matter if you've been here 5 years, 5 months, or 5 minutes - we want to hear your voice! How did you come across Pirates Forums? What drew you in to the community? How has Pirates Forums impacted your life? Share your stories below! In exchange for replying, you'll be awarded a medal that will serve to commemorate the forum's 6th anniversary:
72503-c5f3226afdc1be4531f8ee8eec184cd1.jpg

(kudos to @Irene!)
You have from now until October 19, 2016 at 12:00AM EDT to post your response. After this time, this thread will be locked and no additional medals will be awarded.

Thanks to everyone for being a part of it all. You rock! Our community is awesome.

JFR
I found out about tlopo because I played Toontown Rewritten, and I wondered if there was a POTCO Rewritten. I check the forums every day for posts and updates! It has impacted my life in the awas that I can have hope for Pirates to exist again. I appreciate the team's dedication! Thank you all!

Let's see... I joined the forums back in 2011, only a few months after I had joined POTCO. I can't remember exactly how I found the forum; most likely one of my friends in the game told me about it. Having been here for over five years, I've seen the community grow and change, and even go through some tough times (the toughest probably being the close of our beloved POTCO). I've also made quite a lot of friends here on the forums over the years.

I think being a part of the forums has been one of several things in my life that has really helped me come out of my shell and be more outgoing and make friends easier, so thank you, everybody!

Finally, a special thanks to Davy, Captain Star, JFR, and all the other wonderful staff here. I look forward to another six years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back