Announcement Six Years of Pirates Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I found this site on sept 11th because I was taking to my brother about the old days on Disney pirates and we wondered if a new pirates was around. Well after doing some research found this site. (Which is awesome ) seen that I was able to play alpha version of pirates ( so excited) I sent my bro a text telling him about it. We both downloaded pirates resevered a time that we could be on the same time. Once on pirates we starting reminiscing about the good ole days :)

In closing.

Happy sixth anniversary
:happy: :high5: :cheer::cheer1:

Your not old FoulRoberts. I was 49 on Beta Server on dial-up V.92 March 8,2007. Wait for POTOC to install, I've earn my gray hairs. Love the game. I read how all these people were young pirates, but I never venture out from beta server. Lost adventure.

I started playing the game around July 2010 and joined these forums nearly a year later in April 2011. I believe I created an account originally to view pictures in a thread that explained how to do something in the game. I don't remember at all what it was, but I can tell you, that 12 year old that joined these forums all those years ago never could imagine the impact these forums would have on my life.

I owe a large part of who I am to this community. Before POTCO, and mainly these forums, I was largely internet incompetent. These forums developed my interests in computer graphics, video making, writing, programming, and so much more. I honestly don't know where I'd be today had it not been for this community. I'd probably never have developed these interests had I not spent time here, and I consider them such a huge part of who I am today.

So yeah, I do have to thank these forums for a lot. I know he's heard this from me before but espeically @John Foulroberts, without his Youtube videos and graphic design he showed on these forums I know I never would have been inspired to try it for my self. But also just everyone that has been apart of this community througout the years. Without the exposure to these forums I probably wouldn't write half as decent as I do now. I mean, my first posts on these forums is proof enough of that.

Heres to another 6 years. Maybe thats hopeful. But someone probably thought 3 more years at 3 years was hopeful too.

WOOHOO! HAPPY 6 YEARS!!!!! I used to be a big forum junky back in the day with an old pirates of the Caribbean forum and only recently did I join this one. I am very happy to join this one for it has brought back so many memories of being part of a forum family. Those were some of the best times :) The only down side is I have found that my old crew has beat me to this forum! XD They joined years ago and I had not realized till now lol. Now I feel like a Noob all over again XD all in good fun of course :). I am very happy to be apart of this forum even if I did join the crew a little bit late.. XD. WAY TO GO ALL OF YOU FOR RIDDING THE SEAS FOR 6 YEARS! :excited::congrats::cheer1::congrats1:

I was a kid when searching in google to see pirates movie and by accidently i found potco game, i was feel so nice and waiting hours front of monitor until game download, after done, i open and create my pirate yo, was not know english and in all missions i going to translate (i dont know english even now btw) to find what to do for complete the story, i player for months with my bro from laptop as a crew and we just destroyed ships all time, collecting cargos and money!
Love pirate life!
I end up when one day (29/9) singed on the game and see that invasions comes to islands and 20mins after i see jolly's head on the moon, ultra great times!
Hope that this remake will create and never close again, i will playing when i will get old, ya that is my story, and continues here, in the ocean..

Happy 6years TLOPO

Aye, a stroll down memory lane ...
It was a sad day when the pirating community had to moor their ships for the last time. Myself and friends had found the forums at that time, joined in an attempt to keep our pirate family connected, and to support the hopes that our beloved game would come back to life. Over the years, a few mates went their separate ways. So, I am here to give a "hearty thanks" to our Forum Family - Staff and Community. As stated before, the game was the foundation of many wonderful friendships. I'm looking forward to reconnecting, sailing the high seas, and standing at the helm once again to assist those in need of treasure!
Congratulations to all on this anniversary! :pirate ship:

What drew me to the TLOPO community was an adoration for POTCO, which I still am sad that Disney shut down. I've been almost obsessively keeping up with every POTCO restoration projects my eyes could find, which has led me here.

Pirates Forums has affected my life by providing me with hope to play POTCO with like-minded swashbucklers once more!

I came across PiratesForums when I finally obtained my alpha key during a celebratory New Year's evening. I signed on and while on the IRC chat I clicked on a link that redirected me to the forums. I decided to sign up lol. That's it. Can't wait for beta. Happy to be
Here!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back