so yeah

OK, this is a thing again. Seems like an exploit or someone with inside abilities.
Just sunk out of the blue with no one around me at Padres on Abassa just moments ago.
Might be something to look into.

OK, here's a screen of me on another pirate's ship, literally seconds before this post, so clearly the perp is around Padres on Abassa, and no one can stop them, free to do as they please.
screenshot_2018-05-03_23-30-01.jpg

No loot yet and the ship just left port with no hostiles nearby.
Yeah, fun!

Now I'm speculating here, but sailing was drastically different in POTCO, where ships were never hidden from view, be it enemy or friendly.
In TLOPO, we can't see enemies 100 yards out most times, and suddenly a friendly pops into view like they were just launching, except they've been there the entire time.
Even if this isn't related to the mystery sinkings, it's a problem and has a deleterious effect on game play and sailing specifically.
Perhaps sailing needs to be revisited and coded so it resembles how it was intended?
Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, here's a screen of me on another pirate's ship, literally seconds before this post, so clearly the perp is around Padres on Abassa, and no one can stop them, free to do as they please.
View attachment 103305

No loot yet and the ship just left port with no hostiles nearby.
Yeah, fun!

Now I'm speculating here, but sailing was drastically different in POTCO, where ships were never hidden from view, be it enemy or friendly.
In TLOPO, we can't see enemies 100 yards out most times, and suddenly a friendly pops into view like they were just launching, except they've been there the entire time.
Even if this isn't related to the mystery sinkings, it's a problem and has a deleterious effect on game play and sailing specifically.
Perhaps sailing needs to be revisited and coded so it resembles how it was intended?
Just a thought.
I wish you had your compass up, it would have shown no ships around, not that I don't believe, I do. Anyone that sails much is definitely aware.

One of my guild mates had it happen to her off of Padre on Abassa server last night 3 times. She was very upset cause her ship is fully upgraded and costs so much to repair. When it happened to me I was off of Padre on Abassa also. Was anyone that has had this happen in a different location??

One of my guild mates had it happen to her off of Padre on Abassa server last night 3 times. She was very upset cause her ship is fully upgraded and costs so much to repair. When it happened to me I was off of Padre on Abassa also. Was anyone that has had this happen in a different location??
Yes but off Padres on Abassa is the most common place by far, probably because it's the easiest place to find innocent victims ripe for sinking.

Yes but off Padres on Abassa is the most common place by far, probably because it's the easiest place to find innocent victims ripe for sinking.
Some tonight were around tormenta but still on abassa. the problem seems to be only on abassa. I think I will stay off it for a while.

Mighty strange sailing tonight , Ships would hit me but where out of my range !! Kind of odd , not misses , just out of range ! I think sailing is so badly bugged it's gaining more bugs !!

The compass goes away when yer sinking.
Ya Know, I've seen my compass malfunction a few times too, I never tied it to the sinking thing but now that you said that I think it may have been tied to the sinking. I don't recall my compass not working right for quite a long time until the sinking thing started.

Happened to me on Andaba but it was a time when Andaba temporarily became the main server for a day after Abassa crashed.
Yes, I think it's obvious that if you want to troll people by sinking them and you haven't targeted anyone specific then the most popular sailing areas are the place that is easiest to do so.

People have literally seen light sloops rapid fire shooting cannonballs from very far away and killing player ships. People have also died a lot on land as well at Tortuga those times. Doubt what? the staff knows theres a hacker.
Lol.

whats funny? do you want me to get screenshots?
Occam's razor (also Ockham's razor or Ocham's razor; Latin: lex parsimoniae "law of parsimony") is the problem-solving principle that, when presented with competing hypothetical answers to a problem, one should select the one that makes the fewest assumptions. The idea is attributed to William of Ockham (c. 1287–1347), who was an English Franciscan friar, scholastic philosopher, and theologian.

Back