"The Heart of Padres Del Fuego" Problem.

What should be done with Heart of Padres del Fuego?

• Remove it.

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • Release it into game, but remove some off the buffs off of it.

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • Make it a legendary cursed, and change the buffs on it.

Votes: 66 31.6%
  • Add it into the game, give it out as a code. (Riot and burn everything)

Votes: 61 29.2%
  • Other. (Typed response)

Votes: 31 14.8%

• Total voters
Meh,
I don't like cutlass blades. Make a broadsword version and I'm good.

No I'm saying its perfectly fine and fair. Its a cutlass number one and number two there are some legendary weapons that are intended to be stronger then others, not every legendary has to be useful and HOP making others antiquated is literally no big deal. Barracuda already makes El Patron useless and then broadswords already make cutlass's useless so then I hardly see the point in being so harsh on HOP and not adding it.

Of course not for free, and a lot more rare then the other legendary cutlasses

No I'm saying its perfectly fine and fair. Its a cutlass number one and number two there are some legendary weapons that are intended to be stronger then others, not every legendary has to be useful and HOP making others antiquated is literally no big deal. Barracuda already makes El Patron useless and then broadswords already make cutlass's useless so then I hardly see the point in being so harsh on HOP and not adding it.

Of course not for free, and a lot more rare then the other legendary cutlasses
I'm not comparing it in terms of it's NPC killing ability. (That would clearly be Grenades win) Nor am I comparing it to other broadswords (Which are not used in jumper PvP) I am disgusted in its versatility of special BUFFS (Blade Storm, Thrust Boost and Bloodfire) it takes 3 mayor abilities and makes the individual buffs of the weapons antiquate.

It's "epic" to take the special skills of Thunderspine, Barracuda Blade and Blade of the Abyss and putting it into one weapon and making it a normal legendary (Not cursed) that can be looted by anyone (Or coded)? Making all the time dedicated looters (Which is a majority of the community) and tossing their time and efforts away in the shadow of this broken blade?

I'm afraid, I strongly disagree with you.
It's epic and that's all I will say.

Look, everyone is entitled to their OWN opinion. The Heart of Padres Del Fuego at least deserves a chance to be fought with in game. You can say all you like, but to me it's an epic sword, I don't care if it's overpowered, or lame, it's a sword, just like every other weapon.
In no way did I say your opinion was invalided, this is why I created this thread to discuss it with both parties. However, just saying it's "Epic" does not really support the facts haha. :p

In no way did I say your opinion was invalided, this is why I created this thread to discuss it with both parties. However, just saying it's "Epic" does not really support the facts haha. :p
Supporting fact or not, do you know how long I've wanted to even give a try to all the special abilities? For me that was a crushed dream by Disney. I never got to try the broadsword, or the muskets, or the daggers, the staff, the grenades, or even the special ships. Once I got luck to buy and sail the most powerful type of ship in the game at the time, a War Frigate, but then Disney was alittle cruel to strip me of that, my nice hat, my coat, and left me with nothing but the shirt on my back in game. Now it's all free, and I get the chance to taste the most epic things that Disney did not allow. And that includes the Heart of Padres Del Fuego. That's my opinion, fact supporting or not.

I've always wanted to see some special Padres Del Fuego story line, just like Raven's Cove's... I feel like we don't get to dwell into what the significance of Padres Del Fuego enough.

Of course, we do know that it is the front of Jolly Roger's invasion of the Caribbean, from the Catacombs, but it would be interesting if you had to delve deeper into the secrets of Padres Del Fuego. The Heart of Padres Del Fuego would be the story reward, with a nerf. It would be like choosing one of the three cursed blades, however, it would be for a lower level.

That's my opinion.

I know I'm repeating quite a few others in this thread but here are my two cents on the matter.

1. It is a cutlass and not a broadsword.
2. They could add it in game with a somewhat lower drop rate than other legendaries.
3. I agree it should not be handed out by any other method than looting. Free legendary weapons are a no-go in any situation for me. :/
4. While I can't say for sure about the effects it would have on PvP, it could always be rebalanced if the devs see fit. Trust in them. :p

In my opinion, it should just be deleted. If it were even lootable, Thunderspine would be obsolete. Same goes for Barbossa's Fury and Norrington's, unless that was a sailing-only legend (which will still be awful IMO).

Why would you want such a clearly, OVER POWERED item added into the game?
Because it isn't. Its one of the very few cutlasses worth using. There are intended for other legendaries to be stronger then other ones, hence El Patron vs Barracuda
No way, no how is any weapon as powerful as hop. and to put it in game with its current stats is game breaking

On the topic of overpowered bladed weapons, Silver Freeze was rather overpowered in the past, due to the 3 point boost to blade instinct. If you had maxed out blade instinct before, it made the throwing daggers insanely op.

Good thing is, it's drop rate is WAY lower than it was in POTCO, from what I've noticed. Foulberto does seem to drop less famed and Silver Freeze nowadays.

I think World Eater Blade was all around more OP than HOP

Agreed. The fact that you also had to finish the Raven's Cove Story Quest to obtain it, which included defeating one of the hardest bosses in the game, made its true power understandable.

Since this blade is very powerful and has some unique characteristics I believe one of a few things should happen to it.
1. Make this sword a very rare drop so its value is evened out by its rarity
2. Make a special quest that unlocks after having found the 3 legendary blades. My thinking is during the quest you combine the 3 blades into the Heart of Padres blade. If this was the case I would make it un-lootable but MAYBE slightly increase the drop rate of the other three blades since finding three legends is harder than finding one. (May favorite option)
3. Special in game events that happen at random where the prize could be the sword. No idea how to implement this or what format just a thought on a possibility.

3. Special in game events that happen at random where the prize could be the sword. No idea how to implement this or what format just a thought on a possibility.

I remember the GM events towards the end of POTCO... I don't remember the blades they gave, but they were OP for their level. Not many players got them.

First step would be to nerf the weapon. But making it a Game Master event would be fun.

I think it should be held back until such time as another weapons update is released and there would have to be a few comparable weapons in the release to keep it in line with other choices for it to make sense. To me, releasing it as a give away or nerfing it makes no sense as does releasing it as a lootable with nothing comparable. I really feel that HOP and Barbossa's Fury had no value in the game and were cheap give aways. They should not be added to the game without a broader game update. It was Disney's way of saying we give up and then they let every pirate have the most powerful weapon as a closing gift. The other obvious choice is to release it as a give away shortly before TLOPO intends to close, just the same way Disney did. Hopefully that will be a long time in the future:)

Last edited:
I think it should be held back until such time as another weapons update is released and there would have to be a few comparable weapons in the release to keep it in line with other choices for it to make sense. To me, releasing it as a give away or nerfing it makes no sense as does releasing it as a lootable with nothing comparable. I really feel that HOP and Barbossa's Fury had no value in the game and were cheap give aways. They should not be added to the game without a broader game update. It was Disney's way of saying we give up and then they let every pirate have the most powerful weapon as a closing gift. The other obvious choice is to release it as a give away shortly before TLOPO intends to close, just the same way Disney did. Hopefully that will be a long time in the future:)
With a nerf, there already are comparable weapons... Most notable being the Lost Sword.

Back