"The Heart of Padres Del Fuego" Problem.

What should be done with Heart of Padres del Fuego?

• Remove it.

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • Release it into game, but remove some off the buffs off of it.

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • Make it a legendary cursed, and change the buffs on it.

Votes: 66 31.6%
  • Add it into the game, give it out as a code. (Riot and burn everything)

Votes: 61 29.2%
  • Other. (Typed response)

Votes: 31 14.8%

• Total voters
I'm not comparing it in terms of it's NPC killing ability. (That would clearly be Grenades win) Nor am I comparing it to other broadswords (Which are not used in jumper PvP) I am disgusted in its versatility of special BUFFS (Blade Storm, Thrust Boost and Bloodfire) it takes 3 mayor abilities and makes the individual buffs of the weapons antiquate.

Making it one of the most rare to find equally as the powerful broadswords which already make all cutlasses obsolete already are is the best option. Willingly omitting content out of the game makes no sense.

This is one of those rare games where you don't have to worry about it being overpowered because it doesn't harm anything. What would it harm? You looking cooler? Foulberto dying faster? A stronger chance in PVP which actually depends on how agile you move anyway? Be realistic, this isn't one of those other MMOs where stats matter so badly, Its cool because its powerful and it makes other weapons obsolete just like the Legendary Broadswords do and just like Barracuda does to El Patron already.

I don't see people complaining about other Legendary Cutlasses making El Patron obsolete, it only make sense that this gets put in game.

Reactions: ANZ
Infact I think the cutlasses and Sabre's combo skills base stats should be slightly buffed or modified so they can be on par with broadswords and only are decided by which usage you need them for aka:
Broadswords for multiple enemies
Cutlasses for tough single enemies
Sabre needs to be good enough to parry a lot more, which means all or most Sabres when equipped need to apply a more powerful or higher rate of parry. Their damage is fitting right now however.

Infact I think the cutlasses and Sabre's combo skills base stats should be slightly buffed or modified so they can be on par with broadswords and only are decided by which usage you need them for aka:
Broadswords for multiple enemies
Cutlasses for tough single enemies
Sabre needs to be good enough to parry a lot more, which means all or most Sabres when equipped need to apply a more powerful or higher rate of parry. Their damage is fitting right now however.

I am entirely in agreement.

Quite true but who would want a nerfed WEB or Barracuda? My feeling is that they should stay with the creator's original design but the HOP was not designed for normal game play.
I understand what you're saying, but the main reason those two aren't nerfed is because they're hard enough to obtain as it is. But even if we make HOP insanely difficult to loot, it's stats are game breaking, so it would need a nerf either way. Point being, I'm against removing the sword, but it needs some changes.

It doesn't break anything. PVP with cutlass only takes skill because you have to jump and dodge. So if you cant hit to begin with it doesn't matter.
And cutlass is not used a lot versus a broadsword due to broadswords being stronger so I still fail to see how this weapon is "game breaking"

A pirate with Cabin Boy Cutlass can beat a pirate with HOP if the pirate with Cabin Boy Cutlass knows how to PVP jump properly.

IMO - NO legendary should EVER be given out as a code/contest or any such thing. They should ONLY be LOOTABLE. The only way I would accept this blade to be lootable is if they CHANGED the stats on it. NO Blade storm boost, NO Bloodfire Skill. (The Thrust boost is acceptable if it is lowered to +2)

This. There is literally no reason to release powerful weapons through codes, it's a bad joke.

It one shots players with it's blade storm boost. - If that's not considered "OP" Then please enlighten me on what exactly IS?

Also, this blade was released at the end of POTCO. The developers of the game released it as a pure joke or last reward to players who've never looted a legendary to know how it feels to wield such a weapon. If this weapon was given out in a CODE, or CONTEST, or just put into LOOT. All cutlasses would be useless and nobody would get the same "Excitement" when looting anymore.

IMO - NO legendary should EVER be given out as a code/contest or any such thing. They should ONLY be LOOTABLE. The only way I would accept this blade to be lootable is if they CHANGED the stats on it. NO Blade storm boost, NO Bloodfire Skill. (The Thrust boost is acceptable if it is lowered to +2)
Charles, but if you drop Bloodfire and blade storm then the Thunderspine just overcomes it by soooo much, b/c Thunderspine is +3 thrust and CRITICAL which can be a one shot blade storm too

Charles, but if you drop Bloodfire and blade storm then the Thunderspine just overcomes it by soooo much, b/c Thunderspine is +3 thrust and CRITICAL which can be a one shot blade storm too
Once again, you are not understanding the exact reasoning I am saying the blade should be removed/nerfed. - It is not because of how POWERFUL that stats are, it is the fact that. The stats take AWAY from the abilities and special individuality of Blade of the Abyss, Lost Sword, Thunderspine and barracuda Blade.

Once again, you are not understanding the exact reasoning I am saying the blade should be removed/nerfed. - It is not because of how POWERFUL that stats are, it is the fact that. The stats take AWAY from the abilities and special individuality of Blade of the Abyss, Lost Sword, Thunderspine and barracuda Blade.
I understand that, yes, they could just add something else that makes it unique in itself, like endurance and thrust boost

Just a relatively newbie player here, isn't the whole "HOP makes Lost Sword obsolete" a bad argument as Behemoth Blade basically has the same skill that lasts for almost double the time and while being a break skill, it's still got the advantage of being a broadsword and the fact that with surefooted you can't really be knocked down which eliminates an effective counter to the jump fighting style. All in all, saying that HOP makes Lost Sword obsolete is pretty much useless as Behemoth does the same thing with better damage, a wide swing range, and some protection from what is essentially one of the direct counters to the main evasive tactic within the game for PvP. Besides that, I understand the unique styles of each blade being a very well liked aspect, and I think the idea of combining the blades into HOP may be a decent idea to be explored, but also just removing the blade seems a bit much. Nerfs, while being what some people want, do not serve the purpose of retaining the unique properties of the other blades. Though it could be reasoned that HOP be reduced down to below all of the other blades in skill rank, kinda like a jack of all trades master of none, and the other blades are like specialization of it? Or another idea which has been noted is completely changing the skills and buffs. Problem is coding that and working out new properties for it would be difficult, unless it were to incorporate skills and buffs from weapons that are not normally found on cutlasses to create another unique blade. One of them could be like say, in keeping theme with the fire aspect of the blade, Fire Immunity as no Legendary provides any Immune passives and it keeps in theme and unique aspect of the blade. To be honest I feel that the blade's current skills don't even necessarily detract from the unique aspect of other weapons as much as it's made out to be, the skills that it possesses that are called out, mainly being Blade Storm and Bloodfire, are only on Broadswords, which are known to hold a higher power and lower level of precise skill to use effectively. In my perspective, the limiting of these extremely potent and powerful abilities to broadswords is kind of cheapening the experience as there is already an overwhelming popularity to broadswords. Looking at the Bloodfire ability, the only weapons that even reach above 70 attack with this ability are HOP, Abyss and broadswords, which Ripsaw blade is only 6 damage under. If you're talking about unique blades, doesn't Ripsaw cut into Abyss being the damage is so close and they retain the same ability which is supposed to make Abyss Unique? And along the lines of game balance, having a weapon that is easier to land hits with makes for it to be a stronger overall weapon as it allows for more damage should the enemy be able to normally dodge strikes against a cutlass, meaning the Bloodfire passive will have far greater effect overall if more hits land in a cumulative sense of damge which would make the Ripsaw still comparable to the Abyss for damage and make it share an ability of a supposedly unique weapon. Now with the Blade Storm boost, it is true Barracuda is the only other weapon to have the ability, and I find that is a well argued ground for it's unique and powerful properties. I can see the change of Blade Storm to say Endurance or perhaps Sweep/Flourish, to retain a damage skill boost. Though again, making Barracuda the only weapon with Blade Storm boost cements the broadswords as being an extremely dominant weapon type over Sabres and Cutlasses. It's a skill boosting the highest damage skill on the highest damage weapon type exclusively for that weapon type, which in terms of game balance, does retain an aspect of being somewhat bordering the line. Besides that, Blade Storm as a boost isn't available on any Legendaries at all anyway, and in a sense the Legendaries are supposed to be an extremely powerful advancement past Famed weapons, as they are fewer of them and have lower drop rates. Besides that the Barracuda still retains the fact that it is the only Broadsword and only famed weapon to have a Critical +3 the only other Legendary/Famed being the Thunderspine which is unique in it being a cutlass and having Shock Sweep which it shares with the Emerald Curse. What I'm trying to point out is that there are already weapons with different weapon types like Emerald Curse and Thunderspine which still share an ability, and Thunderspine sharing the critical skill with Barracuda so saying that HOP makes the other weapons less unique means that Thunderspine does the same thing to Emerald Curse and Barracuda, but you don't hear anyone discussing those do you? It's probably because HOP was a code item, which, if that's resolved to a drop/loot item, then there's nothing to talk about unless you wanna go at Thunderspine, Emerald Curse, and Barracuda Blade too.

TLDR: Thunderspine shares Shock Sweep with Emerald Curse and Critical +3 with Barracuda, meaning it's the same situation as HOP since it shares 2 skills/abilities and if HOP is a loot item only, then there's nothing to argue about cause no one mentions Thunderspine for it's shared skills.
TLDR 2: Ripsaw has almost the same damage as Abyss and the same passive and the benefit of being a broadsword so in the hands of most players, it'll hit more often meaning it technically can match or out damage Abyss even with a rank 2 passive, so HOP having the passive doesn't destroy uniqueness that is already gone cause Ripsaw has it too and is competitive in a damage/pvp sense
TLDR 3:Lost Sword is already outclassed by Behemoth Blade, it has a longer skill duration, which while being a break skill, still has the same effect, and has better damage, multi-hit capability along with wide swing, and knockdown protection meaning it's protected from something that will stop you from jumping which is basically why broadswords are needed to guarantee hits in PvP, so yeah....more than comparable in power and outclasses it with other passives
TLDR 4: If you really wanna change the skills, Fire Immunity happens to not be on any Legendaries and fits HOP's fire theme so maybe think of using that?

Side note: I am very much a noob and I don't fully understand all the aspects of this game nor the weapons. I'm talking from just being that I have a list of the weapons and their attack with skills. I actually never have been a premium member in the original game so I never used any of these, but I have seen PvP and the necessity of broadswords. This in mind, please feel free to correct me on anything you find wrong and have evidence for it, as it's very possible I'm missing something or have missed something. Please be gentle, I am a nub who's just looking at a list with numbers for my reasoning in this.... O.O

Firstly, I want to say thank you for provided such a well rounded explanation on your views. You are in no aspect of the word a "Newbie" player by the educated and well rounded tone of your thoughts. I respect that.

However, to further support my points and answer your questions.

1. My point regarding the matter of Lost Sword becoming obsolete. - The Lost Sword of El Patron is not a sword renown for it's raw power nor it's ghostly powers. It is valued as it is the only NON-Cursed legendary sword. It can be found within ANY part of the Caribbean (Similar to Silver Freeze) By releasing Heart Of Del Fuego, you are creating the most POWERFUL cutlass in the game (In terms of stats) to be found WITHOUT the requirement of the Raven's Cove quest. Which leads up to my 2nd point...

2. WHY El Patron is such a weak legendary - When paired up with swords such as Black Shark Blade you can clearly see the difference in strength and power. This is because it is to encourage the completion of Raven's Cove quest as SOON as possible. Let's put this into perspective for you, if you take into account that by doing the Raven's Cove quest, you are then ADDING 5 WEAKER legendary items to loot drop chances. Would you not consider holding OFF on said quest to heighten the chances of you obtaining the blade before completing the quest? OR to put it another way... What if HOP was put into loot as a non-cursed? Would you not WAIT till you've looted it to obtain it 'faster' and more effectively? This is why I believe the developers of POTCO staff made Lost Sword such a "weak" legendary item.

3. Why you can't line up a Broadsword to a Cutlass stats. - This point I see MANY players making, and frankly it is very diminishing to my expectations on a thing called "Pirate Ethics" To be blunt, Grenades are the most over-powered indisputably broken weapon in all of POTCO/TLOPO. (Along-side the great Grand Blunderbuss) As a pirate we are aware of this the day we unlocked the weapon. However, you do not see players showing off, using, and abusing the grenades (besides vs NPC's) As such, you cannot compare a Broadsword to a Cutlass nor to a Sabre. Simply because I can say "grenades beat it" without objection. As I CLEARLY have stated in post after post regarding the HOP topic. I am NOT focusing on how POWERFUL the weapon is, I am objecting about how it disrespects the fundamental law of weapons as a whole and effects the looting system if released.

4. My exact view on WHY HOP should be removed or EXTREMELY nerfed. - HOP is the most powerful cutlass ever released in POTCO period. This is without objection in the community. However, this is not the reasoning I am using the 'hate' on the cutlass's release/standings. Let me SLOWLY go down the skill tree and explain....

Attack: 90 - 100% reasonable.

Cursed Fire Rank 5: 100% reasonable.

Blood Fire rank 3: Unacceptable. - Blade of the Abyss should be the ONLY legendary weapon to have this skill. Yes, the skill "Blood Fire" is shared by 6 other weapons in the game (Excluding HOP) Just to remind you, I have made my point earlier that you CANNOT pair up Abyss with Ripsaw Blade nor Blood Fire Broadsword abilities for damage, as they are broadswords. (See point 3 for explanation) Therefore, Abyss is the STRONGEST cutlass in the Blood Fire branch among Blood Fire Cutlass and the rare cursed Sword of Decay. Therefor, by releasing HOP with this skill despite his only 3 less attack power... it would make the Abyss Blade absolutely diminished in FINDING VALUE.

Blade Storm Boost +3:
Unacceptable. - This point is clear not because it can take a 1,240 dmg (Rank 5) Blade storm and make it up to, yes.... 1,750! (That 510 dmg extra) in a instance is INSANE! It is because it (Once again) takes away the rare ability that ONLY Barracuda Blade possesses, and tossing it aside. Now before players start putting in the comments... "Wait! Did you not just say you cannot pair a Cutlass to a Broadsword!" Yes, I did... In terms of POWER! Not in terms of stats acquired from it's possession. The barracuda blade in the NPC dicing king of broadswords, this is once again without question. Therefore, you never see it used in PvP and it is obtained to show off and farm powerful bosses solo (Looking to post the epic critical Blade Storm screenshot we all love seeing on Darkhart ;) ) By once again throwing this into HOP you are once again, diminishing the FINDING VALUE of a Barracuda Blade.

Thrust Boost +3: Understandable. - "Woah, what?" Yes, in terms of Thrust boost I honestly see it often among about 5 weapons that I know of (which are extremely rare) Such as Thunderspine Sword, Admiral's Cutlass, Admiral's Sabre, Doom Rattler, Hull Riper and Dread Spike respectively. The only reason I noted this blade is optional to be just "nerfed" Why is this? Because it does not outshine the other weapons of it's skill (In terms of THAT boost) A thrust from Thunderspine, Admiral's and so on will be just as sought out (If Bloodfire and Blade Storm are not accounted for) as much as any other special blade. Therefor, this ability is 'flexible' to remain +3 or possibly nerfed down the +2 depending on the chances done to HOP's arsenal. (If not removed from the game entirely).

Regarding your points below, "TLDR" <-- Idk what that stands for...

1. The ability is the same, yes. However, neither outshine the other in term of it's classification. Emerald is not sought out for it's power nor shock sweep ability. It is sought out for it's MASSIVE parry boost and powerful standing for all Sabre lovers (Like myself). By sharing the SAME LEVEL of shock sweep, it does not demoralize the finding of Thunderspine nor Emerald because they are found for difference reasons. Honestly, not many people even take the shock sweep into account while finding the weapon. As for your point with it having a Critical boost shared with "Barracuda"... I'd like to point out that there are a stupid amount of weapons with the critical status of Thunderspine and Barracuda.

2. Please review point 3 made above ^

3. Behemoth Blade does not outshine Lost Sword, due to the fact it is a non-cursed and you can find it before doing the Raven's Cove quest ANYWHERE unlike Behemoth Blade. As for comparing the ghost form... Unlike Ghost Form, Dark Curse lasts for 20 seconds instead of 12, and changes your pirate into an Orange Ghost instead of a Green Ghost. The abilities are very difference in terms of what they are used for, as well as how low and effect they are in situations. Ghost Form is great in PvP (Being a fair Cutlass) and not requiring the break attack requirements unsuited for PvP battles. As well as the Ghost coloring were taken into account by the developers the make the finding the each blade FEEL different. Special.

4. I absolutely agree with this type of idea! :)

Your ending comment, you have a good mindset and great ability to express your feelings logically and reasonably. (Instead of just saying I want it in the game I want it!!!) :p You are in no account a noob in my eyes and should be more confident in your thoughts and ideas. I opened this thread the hear ALL opinions regarding this touchy topic and I want to thank you for being brave and bold enough to fearlessly say what you think! :) Just one note... Please indent your thoughts >.< Reading a scary wall of un-dented texted was very hard and I fear I missed some of what you were saying... My apologizes.

Firstly, I want to say thank you for provided such a well rounded explanation on your views. You are in no aspect of the word a "Newbie" player by the educated and well rounded tone of your thoughts. I respect that.
[......]
Your ending comment, you have a good mindset and great ability to express your feelings logically and reasonably. (Instead of just saying I want it in the game I want it!!!) :p You are in no account a noob in my eyes and should be more confident in your thoughts and ideas. I opened this thread the hear ALL opinions regarding this touchy topic and I want to thank you for being brave and bold enough to fearlessly say what you think! :) Just one note... Please indent your thoughts >.< Reading a scary wall of un-dented texted was very hard and I fear I missed some of what you were saying... My apologizes.

Thanks for the support! Also TLDR stands for "Too Long Didn't Read" Basically serving as summary for the main points, as I somewhat knew the large blob of text would turn off people, so it's there to provide a short bullet point form for people.

As for the blade, I also forgot to place the idea that in my assumption of making the blade available as loot, the blade would be either requiring the Raven Cove quests, a problem stemming from the fact that I did not ever really obtain the Legendary weapons and as such, after reading about the Raven's Cove requirement, forgot it excluded HOP and Lost Sword. Also, I think chronologically it should include HOP as HOP was technically found as a result of Jolly Roger raising the Spanish dead and that occurred after the events of Raven Cove so it should make sense as the idea of El Patron's weapons was introduced in that quest as and such should remain as the primary prerequisite.

Also, perhaps due to my wall of text before, you did not state your opinion on the idea that I agreed with that someone else posted being that HOP could either be a combination of the 3 Legendary blades which would reason why it is more powerful than any individual one, or being the opposite idea, reducing the skills' levels and weakening the attack slightly, making it the, as I said before "Jack of all, Master of none" being that it's designed to be a strong blade but lacks the specialized power of each of the individual blades that it also draws the same abilities from. Kinda like HOP is a splitting path for the different weapons' abilities? It's an idea that would need some examining and tweaking but it could work.

Of course the final solution is to make the blade have it's own unique abilities, which would require new coding but it could be done. The Fire immunity could be still be useful, maybe extending it to Cursed Fire and Bloodfire, making HOP not a competitor to Barracuda and Abyss by similar abilities, but creating it as the COUNTER to them, providing reductions to their well known and mighty skills.

Another idea is perhaps something along the lines of a DoT, like setting the enemy on fire with each swing instead of Bloodfire, and maybe adding some effects like the fire is cursed and saps Voodoo as well or that the flames hinder the healing process by sealing wounds closed/cursing the wounds so voodoo can't properly heal them, resulting in healing being weaker on an affected target.

Also, the idea of "Blood Boiling" like anger, perhaps the blade can increase the speed/attacking speed of the user, making them pumped up, or conversely make the enemy "angry" by boiling their blood and making it so there is a higher chance for the HOP user to parry the enemy affected, or that they take increased damage from skill moves like Sweep and Bladestorm being that they lack the foresight to counter advanced combat moves and are blinded by rage. Could even be named like the "Spanish/Spirit's Wrath/Revenge" Being that the Spanish were raised from the dead by Jolly Roger to find the blade and that their spirits curse the blade, so they cause rage in either the user/target of attack, whichever skill is implemented.

Alternatively HOP could also retain it's power, not as the most damaging weapon, but perhaps by changing it's still to that of which buffs CC skills, like stunning or slowing making it a powerful weapon not for power but it has better utility in a fight. This would create a unique weapon that still competes on the same level but in a different way.

Perhaps placing a cursed/debuffed state on the enemy that increases damage done to them by a certain amount would be a useful skill as well. While not nearing the damage boost of Bloodfire, the cursed state could make it so, say, the more different people who attack an enemy (or maybe number of people in a crew? If the other cause seems to hard to code), it boosts the damage increases more, so as an example:
1 Person: 5%
2 People :7.5%
3 People: 9%
4 People: 11%
5 People: 12%
6 People: 14%
7 People: 16%
8 People: 18%
9 People: 20%
10 People: 21%
11 People: 23%
12 People 25%
Numbers may not be balanced as I haven't found anything about the actual number boost the Bloodfire gives and I assume most enemies will be dead before more than 3-4 people will attack once, so this would mainly be for assaulting bosses or maybe PvP if 4v4s are you're thing and you can coordinate with your team to kill 1 person at a time. Also as a given the curse debuff that adds damage would NOT be stackable as 12 people with HOP against a boss would decimate it and any player in PvP. It should be noted that I feel this would not be necessarily overpowered as it requires a group effort/coordination which would help to foster community. Though this would require the "Different people hitting the same enemy" for the skill as I fear that the crew method would cause people to group up in crews up to 12 (the max I believe) and just go solo farm on their own. If the crew method is implemented, it should be crew in the same areas or some other tweak to allow for prevention of the passive's abuse. Also for naming (because I love naming cool new abilities) maybe "Curse/Power of the Pirates"? Being that HOP is supposedly one of the most powerful weapons unearthed and the Pirates, banded together to protect the weapon. It fits the idea of the Pirates as a whole being a group that fights for their own kind and protecting them.

Also it would be cool for a quest to be involved specifically for HOP, maybe an invasion of Padres that maybe needs a crew together for it, and something like either taking the blade and sailing away with it as Jolly Roger's ships come at you, maybe have multiple crews do it in an event style? Like it being an event that occur once per day should enough people group up and prepare? Or have a queue for it so people can sign up while they're online saying they're willing to join if one should start? Allotting maybe an hour before hand so people would need be called on an hour before the event starts.

This is a lot though, so maybe something simpler like say, bring up old memories/events of the storyline, challenge Jolly Roger to a game of poker? Beat him like Jack Sparrow did?

So yeah just some notes and ideas, maybe it could be useful for the devs or other people who may come up with other ideas. Thanks again Charles for the support!!! Also Charles I had to shorten the Quote to fit as the post had over 10,000 words so I hit the limit XD, sorry.

HOP is meant to devalue lesser cutlasses because it is intended to be the strongest cutlass. Anything said about broadswords is irrelevant and claiming bloodfire should only be restricted to a few weapons is close minded and a old way of thinking

Nerfing anything about it makes it more lame, and its currents stats DO NOT HARM PVE at all. The end game goal is to be as powerful as you can, and you act as if this weapon would let you one shot bosses which it wouldn't.

I fully agree with making it the hardest weapon to loot in the game ever based on its stats. I fully disagree with nerfing it at all. Its very high stats can be balanced by a extremely rare chance to get it at all

This game is already restricted enough too, don't start trying to restrict content to.

HOP is meant to devalue lesser cutlasses because it is intended to be the strongest cutlass. Anything said about broadswords is irrelevant and claiming bloodfire should only be restricted to a few weapons is close minded and a old way of thinking

Nerfing anything about it makes it more lame, and its currents stats DO NOT HARM PVE at all. The end game goal is to be as powerful as you can, and you act as if this weapon would let you one shot bosses which it wouldn't.

I fully agree with making it the hardest weapon to loot in the game ever based on its stats. I fully disagree with nerfing it at all. Its very high stats can be balanced by a extremely rare chance to get it at all

This game is already restricted enough too, don't start trying to restrict content to.

I'm not sure who this was directed to specifically, but in any case. I think it's not proper to say that restricting Bloodfire and Bladestorm, being the main objects that drive this conversation, is close minded and antiquated. The purpose of the desire and point that people are making is that, these blades are Legendaey blades. They're supposed to fabled weapons of great power and renown that are legendary for the precise reason that they have powers no other blade does. It's like if in a different MMO, say there's a warrior class, a healer class and there's a paladin class. If the Paladin class can do what the warrior class does and the healer does on the same level or better, then it completely defeats the purpose of a healer and a warrior when the Paladin can equate to both of them. In here, HOP has Bladestorm +3 and Bloodfire, being that it has something powerful taken from 2 different other weapons. Why would people want to use the other 2 if you can get HOP and it has the same properties as the other 2 combined?

Now in actuality I agree with you, I like HOP and it would be cool for it to be in the game in my opinion with it's current skills without a nerf. At the same time, I feel that it's warranted to explain the other side as you seem to equate the Legendary status as just an item modifier when it's meant to be an actually item of Legends and myths. It's like if there were multiple Bermuda Triangles. It's called THE Bermuda Triangle because it is the only one with the myths and legends surrounding it. In the same sense, the Legendary Blades are supposed to be of the same caliber and as such it's not unreasonable for people to want to maintain the unique properties of each one and keep to the idea of it being a powerful artifact of power that distinctly differs from the other artifacts.

I'm merely stating my opinion on this and reasoning for the other side. To me your post seemed a little aggressive about it as it there's nothing to talk about within regards to this subject except making HOP a loot drop instead of code. I think that in itself is close minded as you refuse to see any other possibility that can be made with HOP and refuse to accept the fact that HOP can be something other that it was in POTCO.

The issue brought up regarding "Why would they use any other weapon when they could use HOP" is a non-issue because the reason they would use other weapons vs HOP is because it would be so rare that they would have to use other legendary cutlass until they got HOP.

This same argument point can be raised for any other legendary cutlass that makes others useless as well which there are several.

Its chance to loot should be based on its immense power, as in nearly impossible to find, but should stay EXACTLY the same.

I agree that legendaries are supposed to be unique each in their own right, but this already isn't the case as some outperform others. And what usually makes a legendary weapon unique to a pirate who has one is usually determined by if they haven't been able to loot anything else better.

The issue brought up regarding "Why would they use any other weapon when they could use HOP" is a non-issue because the reason they would use other weapons vs HOP is because it would be so rare that they would have to use other legendary cutlass until they got HOP.

This same argument point can be raised for any other legendary cutlass that makes others useless as well which there are several.

Its chance to loot should be based on its immense power, as in nearly impossible to find, but should stay EXACTLY the same.

I agree that legendaries are supposed to be unique each in their own right, but this already isn't the case as some outperform others. And what usually makes a legendary weapon unique to a pirate who has one is usually determined by if they haven't been able to loot anything else better.

Yeah I agree with not nerfing HOP and adding it as a loot drop, I was just playing Devil's Advocate because I think the want for Unique Legendaries isn't a bad/outdated idea. Also I made the same point in the previous posts, being that there are other weapons that either match or out perform other weapons in raw power anyway, so the OP perspective isn't really as warranted as it's made to be.

Thanks for your input!! :high5:

Leave it, do not change it, but make it to where it's only lootable, only on Padres, Raven's, or Tormenta. Or if you want, just strictly Padres... But we need stronger enemies, being past 45 there is usless for the most part besides Darkhart, Timothy, and is it Neban? But just leave the sword as is, please.

And I'd still take the Barracuda Blade over this if I had the chance, Broads are my all time fave plus I had it back in POTCO, it was beautiful! <3. But for those who love cutlasses, this is your go to if you can find it. So I say leave it, maybe take off Thrust boost if anything or change it to a weaker attack of the 5.

Also! Why not make it only lootable past 40, huh? Because it requires a master swordsman AND! When you're 40, there are much less enemies to drop good loot anyways. Looking at basics, not complicated stuff k. Or maybe at 40, add a special quest for people to complete that allow it to be looted?

Last edited:
Back