Discussion Trading. Yes, Trading! (LOL)

Discussion in 'TLOPO General Discussion' started by Crashalot, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Um, isn't that why we're in beta, to try stuff? What difference is trading than bringing in cannon defense. In beta, anything can go.
    Didn't people basically break and ruin cannon defense running all the exploits? Like everything else in this game?

2. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Darn. Nahh, I do pretty well already in my other games. I get epileptic with Tetris games for some reason.

Now I've caught up on the thread and tire of seeing my name.

3. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Thanks for the pm and I can see how you took the post. The issue of how many it 'hurts' being not viable enough was in reference as the numbers aren't big enough warrant game including or not including a feature because of feelings. Maybe bad paraphrasing on my part, only speaking of raw numbers, not emotional numbers. I don't think they have to always go together in decisions. Numbers sometime win out no matter how ludicrous it would seem to how we feel something should be done.
    Peace.

off topic, how do you do those bullet point thingies anyways?

Shamus The Brute likes this.
  4. OurGangsDarkOath

OurGangsDarkOath Notorious Pirate

I feel like new features that aren't new clothes and weapons should be added in full release and cannon defense was in potco so every feature potco had should already be in beta before they switch over to full release

5. deanaug

deanaug Notorious Pirate

This post is valid, ty. Guess you forgot about QAR tho. ;)

6. internetpirate

internetpirate Pirate Master

The feature in itself is controversial due to it's negative connotations which is greater than it's pro's, frankly it's not the discussion (or a specific person) that makes it controversial, it's a feature that in of it itself, is controversial.

7. deanaug

deanaug Notorious Pirate

ya'll like saying controversial :)

at least this thread has steered back on keel to the actual topic of trading, ty for that also

internetpirate likes this.
  8. OurGangsDarkOath

I disagree with the part about the negativity being greater because I feel like most players wouldn't scam others or trade their items for money because word will spread and some might get banned/termed

9. internetpirate

To be quite frank, i wouldn't underestimate people's malicious intent. There will always be a minority of people who will regardless.

10. OurGangsDarkOath

I know that's why the cons wouldn't overshadow the pros. If the majority don't scam or want real money for their items then trading should stay in the game.

11. internetpirate

No.....also i'm talking about scamming not real world trading lol. There will be atleast more people who will RWT it than scam items.

Bort Greasegorb likes this.
  12. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

"The feature in itself is controversial due to it's negative connotations which is greater than it's pro's"
    Well, you are entitled to your opinions whether they are backed up or not by numbers like all the polls in trading threads that seem to read on the contrary.
    My opinion is trading isn't controversial at all. Swapping accounts is controversial, sinking half an ocean of players with a cheat in game is controversial, seeing Hex and Tia together would be controversial, Tia likes men with meat on their bones. But trying out an in game feature doesn't seem to rise to the level as controversial, let alone negative in my opinion. I haven't seen anything published anywhere about how negative trading is in game in other games.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  13. JackScurvyGull

JackScurvyGull Honorable Pirate

The whole topic of trading is basically the epitome of controversial.

internetpirate likes this.
  14. Lord Darknesz

Lord Darknesz Honorable Pirate

Trading would be useful for legendary weapon completionists, but the game is perfectly playable without it. You don't have to worry about looting and holding onto certain items just because they are worth something to other people. You get loot rng like everyone else and only have to keep what you personally value. That's the way the game was meant to be played in my opinion.

JackScurvyGull likes this.
  15. internetpirate

"I haven't seen anything published anywhere about how negative trading is in game in other games." Clearly, you have not read my response to darkslinger's post then.

"But trying out an in game feature doesn't seem to rise to the label as controversial" is this that ol' "It's just a game" argument? Honestly i don't see the constructiveness of this post, it's fact not an opinion that they're pro's and con's to both implementing and not implementing the feature.

"My opinion is trading isn't controversial at all" please explain your reasoning, so i can offer a proper rebuttal, cause at this point there's not much to dig into from your side.

JackScurvyGull likes this.
  16. tiberias

tiberias Honorable Pirate

Glad you are having fun here but I can say that many people (not on this,forum) have,discussed trading with me in game in the context of role playing. A trading feature would greatly enhance role play. For example say someone is role playing a pirate who was orphaned at a young age and encounters someone who knew his father. The orphan could trade for his long lost father's sword or other personal affects.

Trading would facilitate the development of individual storylines and player invented game content making countless hours of activity available without requiring the devs time to generate it. I can certainly imagine bestowing my own made up quests for guild members to accomplish in exchange for items they might want from my inventory.

CatherineW likes this.
  17. internetpirate

I don't see how this would affect roleplaying, you can always just roleplay that there is a trading system, lol.

18. tiberias

tiberias Honorable Pirate

Wow sounds like you never role played before. Actually getting stuff would enhance the experience significantly. Player generated game content would be nothing to sneeze or laugh at.

squintz and CatherineW like this.
  19. internetpirate

Maybe not, i can see why you want it but i don't think it's a big enough reason to prompt trading to be in with all the other negative connotations trading has. Thanks for your input though.

DarkRose and JackScurvyGull like this.
  20. OurGangsDarkOath

Can the staff just come out and say if they are going to release trading in the future or not?

squintz and internetpirate like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.