Megathread White screen when loading

I am in the murky hollow and my game is not responding. Do i just wait for it to respond or do i exit the game. This seems to happen a lot when i enter the caves

Due to some temporary issues, a game can stop responding all of a sudden.
You can try to fix this by exiting and restarting the game. To do this, press the "X" button at the upper-right corner of your game's window to close it, then restart the game, see what happens.

Most time when this happens I just wait for a few mins and it comes back up. There has been a cave issue also doing it but may try giving it a few mins I am sure this is at the top of there list to get fixed.

White screen on loading now. Up to the last couple logons until a log in had new files updating, I am experiencing something new to me.
A white frozen screen in between the log in and other screens, lasts minutes, and in between every other screen until the pirate screen, there is a solid delay of one to three minutes. This is consistent since I saw the newer files downloading 2 days ago. The whole game has lost frames and the frame counter goes to zero on most the log in screens.
I don't know if uninstalling everything will fix this, or mess me up more. I haven't a DC in quite a while. BUT, I haven't tried to go into any caves, perhaps I should next time in game.

i get this every time i go into the caves or move from one island to another.

Attachments

• pirates picture.jpg
    pirates picture.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 301
Whenever I try to enter the thieves Den to defeat the 8 Navy guards, the screen becomes unresponsive. I go through the entrance from Wildwood and the pirate character continues to run but the screen has gone black. After a short while, the sound is of the interior of the cave but there are no images. If I try to interact with the game, the screen goes "white" and the not responding message appears

So far from what I've read the ones affected by this bug are using computers with Intell graphics cards. Unfortunately I and my wife are among those players as all three computers we have at home use Intell GPU's. We just found our way back to the game yesterday and are both old POTCO players. Hoping that this bug is fixed soon, as it seriously hampers our ability to advance through the quests.

I've been dealing with these issues since my return to the game a couple weeks ago. It doesn't lock up in all caverns I'm able to make my way through Becketts through El Suderon to Darkheart most of the time and able to get into Lava Gorge some of the time. I cannot get into Thieves Den at all or into the mine on Ravens Cove, as a result I'm unable to proceed with either the Black Pearl quest. haven't even been able to recruit the first crew member due to the crashes. And unable to proceed with the Ravens Cove quest. At the present rate I'll be a level 50 with all mastered skills before i can finish the Black Pearl quest.

getting to a point where i want all my quests finished for me. they don't seem to be fixing these glitches and i seriously doubt they will

trying to get into el patrons mine to find the journals and i must have froze 10 times within an hour. someone told me to try uninstalling it and reinstalling it but nothing is working

Back