Votes: 113 33.3%
  • Don't Care.

Votes: 28 8.3%
  • No.

Votes: 198 58.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AGAIN, ANYTHING that causes this much CONTROVERSY can in no way be in the game's best interests, it just can't.
Its literally MAYBE 20-30 individuals that hate the idea enough to cause this much controversy. A very vocal minority.

When or if trading comes out (We still don't even know if that video was legitimate or not) the vocal minority can either quit the game, or choose not to partake in trading, and continue to boast that they earned their items legitimately by wasting hours upon hours of getting duplicate items to finally be granted by the TLOPO gods what they have been looking for based on random chance.

Its literally MAYBE 20-30 individuals that hate the idea enough to cause this much controversy. A very vocal minority.

When or if trading comes out (We still don't even know if that video was legitimate or not) the vocal minority can either quit the game, or choose not to partake in trading, and continue to boast that they earned their items legitimately by wasting hours upon hours of getting duplicate items to finally be granted by the TLOPO gods what they have been looking for based on random chance.
These forums really don't have many members, and most of the people speaking out are more major players in the community. I'm not saying do whatever the bigshot looters please, but it shouldn't be an excuse to snub all the outcry.

Hey guys, I figured I would just throw my two cents into the whole trading debate, is it a good idea, or a bad idea?

It's a bad idea.

Trading is going to be a disaster. It's a short term solution to a long term problem and will cause people to get bored and stop playing. What was it that made this game so unique that it kept people playing year after year? And how proud are you going to be that you purchased that weapon rather than found it by hard work?

Let's be honest, looting is the primary in-game mechanic that keeps people interested in the game.

I've already talked to SEVERAL prominent looters in the TLOPO community who said they were going to QUIT the game if trading is implemented. One of these people being @Charles Warmonk

ANYTHING that causes this kind of reaction is probably not in the game's best interests.

If they are going to add trading, I at least hope there are restrictions on what you can trade.

I know there are plenty of people who want trading because they've been searching for so long for a weapon or clothing item that they just can't seem to find, and they want to be able to just purchase said item so they can finally have it. Isn't the struggle of looting hours and hours for a weapon most of the fun? That moment when you finally get that prized item you've been looking for, there's nothing like it. The whole concept of looting will be forever tainted if trading is implemented.

I'm not a developer, but I am asking them to seriously think about what would be in the game's best LONG TERM interests. Trading would severely ruin the RNG aspect of TLOPO, some people just aren't as lucky as others, that's just how it is.

As far as the looting community is concerned, if you value the concept of looting and the items that you find while looting, I encourage you not to trade. Looting is about the self-gratification and joy of when you finally find a legendary or a famed or a bright, that feeling doesn't exist if you can just purchase the items instead.
I say we just stop talking about it because no one knows for a fact if that video was TLOPO or not.

Or if you don't like it because it will ruin your experience you could just, ya know, not trade. Though it could open up scamming possibilities for players which is a real concern.

This is one of those either hate or love things - anything between doesn't really exist, since this would completely change TLOPO. Not a minority is hating it so much, more like half of the whole community, less or more. Just look at the votes, 17 against and 18 yes. Also only 2 being not sure strengthens the probability/fact of this being hate or love.

Or if you don't like it because it will ruin your experience you could just, ya know, not trade. Though it could open up scamming possibilities for players which is a real concern.

I'd like to paste here a sentence (whole post tbh but nah) i said earlier: A world eater blade that you have been searching for months has no value, when people get them for free from very lucky people who got one as a repeat.

I think that scamming is pretty impossible since you instantly see the value of the item by its background color. Anyways i think that anybody who gets trade scammed in a game whether its tlopo or steam can only blame themselves.

I'd like to paste here a sentence (whole post tbh but nah) i said earlier: A world eater blade that you have been searching for months has no value, when people get them for free from very lucky people who got one as a repeat.

I think that scamming is pretty impossible since you instantly see the value of the item by its background color. Anyways i think that anybody who gets trade scammed in a game whether its tlopo or steam can only blame themselves.
Person 1: I'll give you world eater blade if you pay me 10$ on paypal
Person 2 (possibly a child): Sure.
Person 1: takes money and logs off.
As everyone makes it so apparent with the constant chat moderation, a lot of children play this game and don't know better on who's telling the truth and not. This could be a big issue for scamming.
As for ruining the experience, you'd have to be really dumb to just give away a world eater blade. Who would actually give those away for free? Or any legendary weapon at that. Even if you get repeats of legendarys which is rare they still wont exactly be in large supply. It will not ruin the experience, barely anyone has multiples of these legendarys or the legendarys in the first place so it should not be a problem. Also again if you just dont trade it wont be a problem for you.

Person 1: I'll give you world eater blade if you pay me 10$ on paypal
Person 2 (possibly a child): Sure.
Person 1: takes money and logs off.
As everyone makes it so apparent with the constant chat moderation, a lot of children play this game and don't know better on who's telling the truth and not. This could be a big issue for scamming.
As for ruining the experience, you'd have to be really dumb to just give away a world eater blade. Who would actually give those away for free? Or any legendary weapon at that. Even if you get repeats of legendarys which is rare they still wont exactly be in large supply. It will not ruin the experience, barely anyone has multiples of these legendarys or the legendarys in the first place so it should not be a problem. Also again if you just dont trade it wont be a problem for you.

Oh yes sorry i forgot about scams with real money and possibly children involved.

I would give away a repeat world eater blade for free to a good friend.

I stated in the first page all my arguments against "don't trade if it's a problem to you", wont paste anything again

i have pretty much everything i want in the game..so i play for fun
well people find in other things such as having a goal and something to work for something to achieve some sort of progression. This game has very limited content and it wont survive when there isnt even a goal anymore.

well people find in other things such as having a goal and something to work for something to achieve some sort of progression. This game has very limited content and it wont survive when there isnt even a goal anymore.
wow seems to still be alive and it has a lot of players that finished the "End game" and it has a trading system

This may not be everyone's oppinon, but this is mainly mine.
If trading was added it would make it easier to get stronger weapons, leveling up would be as easy as pie.
I can see why people wouldn't like it to be added because it wouldn't be as fun. What i mean is say there's a specific weapon gun, ect, you'd like to posses. If you randomly got it from a entity drop it would be fun and suprising hence you didn't know you'd get it from a drop, you just wanted to have it all your life. But if you knew you would just trade for it you'd know you would be getting the item and it wouldn't be as exiting.
Not many may understand where i'm coming from so let me make it more simple.

We all probably know what the game "csgo" is.
Take it as unboxing a case, you don't know what you get but you want a certain skin, or knife. You didn't know if you'd get it or not you just wanted it more than anything. If you got it you'd be SUPPER happy. But if you bought it off the market you would still be happy, but not as happy as if you unboxed it because you didn't know if you where going to get it on the next case or never.

The logical next step in this games life leads in 2 directions in my opinion. Trading is one major branch. The other is stronger enemies, more weapons, as well as additional in-game content like more raid-boss type enemies. Trading isnt gonna take away the value of items

its not gonna make the excitement of getting those nice red or blue letters any less exciting

people seem to be under the impression that if trading is added everyone is going to have every thing

someone has to source the items first, sure there are cons. Like bort said earlier the possibility of someone hacking in a large number of items exists. On that note i trust the devs to catch that and maintain a health ecosystem and economy for the system as many other games before this one have. It doesnt make any sense for trading to not be added to this game eventually

i essentially have the perfect inventory at this point. besides maxing out my cannon skill and searching for the one cutlass i want but i dont have, i really dont have any more reasons to play the game besides nostalgia.

for this game to survive it needs updates like isla escondida and trading to floruish.

The game as it stands only really has looting as end game content. With some dedication (thats under-stated) It is possible to complete an inventory of everything you want and completely run out of things to do.

Trading alone is not gonna fix the end game content issue, but I believe it is a good first step towards a much more immersive and satsifying game game.

This is one of those either hate or love things - anything between doesn't really exist, since this would completely change TLOPO. Not a minority is hating it so much, more like half of the whole community, less or more. Just look at the votes, 17 against and 18 yes. Also only 2 being not sure strengthens the probability/fact of this being hate or love.
You forget that the majority of the TLOPO community doesn't actively participate in forum discussions. The poll is not an accurate representation of everyone who plays the game.

wow seems to still be alive and it has a lot of players that finished the "End game" and it has a trading system
what are you talking about lol wow has constant raid updates people are still getting their artifact weapon maxed no one is there and yet a new raid just got released a few days ago, no one has the best in slot gear yet there is always things to do in wow collecting stuff achieving other goals, you are comparing tlopo which has one class to wow which has 12 classes and 36 different specs for those classes. I dont think anyone in their right mind can compare the 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back