Announcement 10K MEMBERS!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say my fondest memory is being able to contribute to the operations of the site, more so its future when we had the forum board that discussed the new direction the site would take after the game's closure. Discussing with many people who are still around to this day about how we can keep this boat afloat after the tragedy of losing POTCO is my favorite one because the contributions from all of us involved, less me than anyone else, helped this site make it to where we are today: 10,000 members and thriving.

10,000 members... and to think that I was #96. Clearly, I'm part of the old folks around here.

I've seen the vast majority of everything that has ever occurred on this site, and to that end I feel justified to say that the growth and engagement in this community does not compare to any other community I have been a part of. This site saw the glory years of POTCO, survived the three year lull, and sprang back into action with TLOPO.

For fun, here is a current pull from our statistics. This data encompasses the forums' entire lifetime:

8387bccceb6fff51a417e42944ef226f.png

You can see the drop-off the forums had in activity around 2013, reaching extreme low points in 2014. With the advent of TLOPO, our forum statistics have absolutely skyrocketed; they are HIGHER than ever before, even compared to the POTCO days. That is amazing!

To put things in perspective, last year around this time we were nearing 5,000 members. We literally doubled in size in ONE year. ONE year. All of your smiling faces breathed brand new life into this site - and to that, I am immensely grateful and certainly look forward to many more years in the community with you all.

I know I keep saying this time and again, but thank you - everyone - for being a part of it all. This has been an amazing journey so far, and I think things will keep looking up for us. It's a great time to be here!

Thanks, everyone - truly.

JFR

Happy 10K members everyone!!
:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:
It's so amazing how we multiplied!

The forums hold many memories for me. It's the extended home of our Pirates so we can share all our adventures good or bad, and always have someone to agree or disagree with us to help us look at things in many different ways.
My fondest memory is when Davy asked me to be part of the Staff over 4 years ago! :star:
(Thank you Davy for taking a chance on me) None of us would be here if it wasn't for you!
Through the sad memories of the closing of Potco to the new memories and beginnings of Tlopo, you kept the light on for us, even in the darkest hours.

I'm happy to be here!
I'm very privileged to be part of the amazing Staff
and part of the Community ~ 9,999 friends and counting! <3

:hobbyhorse:Alright, since i know @Captain Star at least knows this is coming everytime we have a remembrance post, here we go.:hobbyhorse:
I have a lot of fond memories here, it wasn't my first forum, it hasn't always been the best forum, but we always made due and resilience has been this Family/Community's middle name over the past 6 1/2 years which brings to light why it is STILL here, and why people continued to come back after the game shut down. I, unfortunately, was not always here for the Forums. Around a year before the game shut down I left... didn't tell anyone..just shut the door on my piratey self and conducted the business I needed to do at that point. An ailing mother and 18 credit hours a semester... being here, having my own guild, it all came to a head at one time, and I walked. Sorry, the background story was necessary I swear because it leads to this- I was finally contacted by Star, among others that the game was shutting down. I logged back in here, and I logged back into POTCO for the first time in 11 Months. I was no longer a Head Admin, but the Loyalty I was shown when I came back was second to none. Don't get me wrong there was grumbling... but they were happy to see me and as all true friendships prove, time away only makes the heart grow fonder ;).
My favorite memory is seeing the milestones this community has consistently driven towards and passed up with ease. My favorite memory is the welcome I got when I first joined (number 91 reporting for duty). My favorite memory is the Community holding each other up after the Split showing unwavering pride and strength in the face of many adversities at that time. My favorite memory is becoming a Head Admin originally, and now being back as a Lead Mod. My favorite memory is seeing this place grow daily. My favorite memory is getting a video of someone flipping a coin to let me know it was once again time to return. My favorite Memory is all of you.<3
I know...seriously I get it... EVERY TIME I post its always bringing it back to all of you in some long winded thank you...but without you what else is there? We have our issues from time to time, we have our people on the other side of the world rocking this house at all hours, we have the opinionated, we have the shy and hidden. We are all here for the love of a game that ended 3 years ago...and has been brought back to us by TLOPO.
I can't thank the Pirates Forums Staff enough for all they do, thank you all so much for giving me, and the forums your free time. ALSO an infinite amount of thanks to The TLOPO team for all they do for us in their spare time and out of their own pockets(and yes I know I'm ready for it to come back too, we are so close folks just hold out a little longer). The partnership has brought in a lot of new folks to share in our adventures, and I couldn't possibly be more thrilled to see what is on the Horizon for us all :rumgone:. Once again my friends and family THANK YOU so much for making this possible... can't wait to see the next 10k fine faces walk through that door. :pirate ship:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back