Suggestion Feedback and Suggestions - News Post Response

Probably has been said before me but
Bigger inventory for weapons,clothes and ?ships? (possibly upgrade able with gold or materials from loot runs) as end game gold dump - but this would mainly be for people who like to play on one character, like me :p

You should add Singapor, along with a new class of brig-type Singapor ships with the folding square sales they had as well as outfits/katanas/maybe a few voodoo dolls/a straw japanese cone hat/some quests/Captain Sao Feng and crew, and it would be halarious to see the bath house, also, love the game, keep up the good work guys!

I think there should be a way for people to reserve a playtime that has already started by having some sort of a bonus reserve playtime because it wouldn't last the whole 3 hours. If you add in the options menu a "Exit game and cancel playtime" option if someone knows they have to go and there is still time left they have reserved and know they won't finish so they could give it to someone else. I'm not sure who you would like to favor but you could bring players to the list of cancelled playtimes when their reserved one runs out to reward dedicated players and let them play another hour or two or you could have it on the website to help more people get in game. Since this would only be for the beta I'm not sure how high of a priority this would be but I think it'd be a good improvement and would work really well if you let the community know about this.

I really want to see some new islands, I am glad you guys decided to create Isla Escondida and I hope to see more new islands! I would also like to see Davy Jones/The Kraken... those are wanted by everyone and would be a great addition! I would love to see a ship system where you could possibly get inside your ships and have a chest storage system there to allow people to keep more items and have collections. Another cool thing would be the addition of new ship types and maybe new cannon ammo types(if possible). Another awesome thing would be higher level loot chests and chests or containers that are rarer than loot skull chests; it was always a great feeling when you heard the noise of a skull chest and I think a rarer chest would serve the community well. Lastly, I have always wanted to see a legendary blunderbuss, that would be sick!

Keep up the great work, James.

Custom ship skins or colors so we can personalize our ships, and less restricted chat for older users, like we should be able to say almost anything except for certain swears.

Two words. Liars Dice. This game would be a ton of fun and a good way to to get money through gambling. Not to mention that it has been featured in the movies, I would love to see a version of this in the game.

This can't be done because if we had all 31k people on the servers at once, chaos+lag in undeveloped content. There would also be no pint in having a beta.

I'm assuming yall remember how in the beginning Tia Dalma says the EITC and Jolly Roger have some sort of alliance or something like that. With this storyline quest, perhaps it could go through and show that alliance and uncover it, and perhaps ruin it. It would start out with an EITC defector that just discovered this alliance, and wants no part in it and wants to see it destroyed. It would go through several islands uncovering evidence of this alliance, and then with all the evidence, it would unlock a secret room on one of the islands that leads to the Brethren Court, with the nine pirate lords. You present the evidence to them, and then they decide on whether or not to take action. Like with a part of the Raven's Cove storyline, when you confront the doctor and his bodyguard in the mine, you are given several different dialogue options that are used to sway the pirate lords to act on this evidence in order to destroy the alliance. If they do decide to act, then you would have to do something to make the EITC and Jolly Roger fight each other, such as raiding a warehouse, killing a few of their respective soldiers/skeletons, and planting something in order to implicate the other. This would be a higher level quest coming after the Raven's Cover quest, so it may be necessary to raise the level cap on characters and on weapons by maybe 5 for character, and maybe 10 for weapons. It would also unlock some famed/legendary weapons that are exclusive to that quest line, and cannot be looted or found anywhere else.

make it to where we don't need a beta key to play as much as we want.
\
This can't be done because if we had all 31k people on the servers at once, chaos+lag in undeveloped content. There would also be no pint in having a beta.
This is currently semi-open beta, it will eventually transition to open beta where the use of keys and playtimes are not required. And as stated several times for this, Isla Escondida will not be released until after the full release of the game, and the storyline dev team is separate from the development team, so it won't take away from game development.

I feel like adding Native American tribes to the game would be an interesting idea. This would fit well into the historical time period in which the game takes place and it would also add some diversity to the game (instead of the main human characters being, for the most part, either pirates or British Redcoats).

This would work, but not everywhere, maybe if there was just like one island or something with native americans. Keep in mind this game is strictly based off pirates so adding something like this could conflict with the story if it was a later addition to the game.

I just have a suggestion -- this is the third time I've signed up for a slot, only to find that there is a maintenance update going on. Therefore, I am missing out on the precious short amount of time I can play. Perhaps you shouldn't offer open slots during the updates? If you know you are running a maintenance, don't make that time period an open slot.

I have a lot of ideas. I'm going to write all of them here. Trading or selling things from our inventory will be a good feature I think. I would also like there to be a crafting system as well. Like if you want to get a weapon you can't afford you can craft it. It shouldn't be easy to do but it still will be worth it. And when it comes to ammo and tonics we should be able to grab some materials from the ground like plants or rocks and be able to make them with those materials.
Islands should be bigger and we should have more buildings and shops. A larger variety of ships. There should be a larger variety of enemy models and I mean like there shouldn't be one model of a grave digger.
It would be cool if we could have PvP with our own ships without the risk of loosing your ship when it sinks. Or a team of players with their own ships against a fleet of AI ships. I know there is the French and Spanish privateers thing that basically does the same but I'm saying like a separate mode where we can take our ships with a crew and fight as teams. A deathmatch if you will.
One last thing I think the game will benefit from a graphics and animation upgrade. I don't want them to look photorealistic, but I want the textures to be more detailed and the animations to be more lifelike. Take inspiration from how the characters in Hello Neighbor or Subnautica look like. And since water is a big part of this game the water would be better if it is animated and can also make some waves when we're on a ship.

Last edited:
I see a lot of suggestions for a kraken boss which I would love to see but not many about how the fight should take place so here's my suggestion. Start the fight in your ship and once you damage the kraken enough it retreats to the shore of its own island and you continue the fight there and add some different boss mechanics (like sending waves of minions to fight, reflecting damage etc.) and you eventually kill it on the shore. For the ground fight you could make it so you need to use your sword to attack the tentacles and have to shoot/ throw grenades in its mouth to make it more interesting.

I just have a suggestion -- this is the third time I've signed up for a slot, only to find that there is a maintenance update going on. Therefore, I am missing out on the precious short amount of time I can play. Perhaps you shouldn't offer open slots during the updates? If you know you are running a maintenance, don't make that time period an open slot.
They don't have a time frame for updates. This is early beta, and they are constantly finding bugs and glitches to fix that require them to update the game spontaneously. As time goes on and development progresses, these inconveniences will be drastically lessened.

I guess this falls under feedback but has there been consideration for having the game split into two different versions? One version will be kept true to the original game and the other would be a whole new revamped experience with all of the new island, weapons, enemies, and so forth.

Just an idea for those who want to play the original and others who want a more community driven project.

I probably have a bunch of storyline ideas in mind. I'm a huge fan of the storyline. Here are some of them:
  • The Battle of Jolly Roger & Jack Sparrow: We've all heard the story from POTCO's "Who is Jolly Roger?" article about Jolly Roger's fate of becoming who he is now, when he wanted to take away the status of Pirate Lord from Jack Sparrow by tricking him into playing a game of poker alongside a Witch Doctor. Jack foiled Jolly's plans and ran away, resulting in Jolly shooting the Witch Doctor out of anger and the Witch Doctor cursed Jolly with his dying breath. Now, Jolly has been plotting to get revenge on Jack ever since then - but we never really see any of this action besides Tortuga invasions where he attempts to reach the Faithful Bride and find Jack, and construct a blockade of rum to get Jack out of hiding (as mentioned in the Raven's Cove storyline). The whole point of this idea is to make this entire story become a reality, or at least some of it.
    • Flashback sequence: Somewhere in the beginning of the game before creating a pirate, a cutscene reveals a flashback of what happened with Jolly Roger and Jack Sparrow during their poker game.
    • New boss battle: In one POTCO trailer, you see Jolly Roger and Jack Sparrow battling head to head in the Black Pearl. In another trailer, you see them battling once again at an unknown cave, in which Jack managed to take down Jolly and have him fall off the cliff. At one point during the beta phase, this could be some major event in the near future as it would most likely take lots of development for testers to experience; for everyone else who did not participate in the beta phase of TLOPO, this can be unlocked at a certain level (maybe 40 or 50?) and end up in the "Lookout" section, similar to how there's the Black Pearl boss battle.
  • Unreleased weapons: I saw one pre-alpha screenshot of TLOPO where a pirate had an unreleased famed staff item. We should really see a lot of these unreleased weapons released to the game - especially the scimitars, in which POTCO released the Viper's Kiss and Desert Claw without the scimitar's own set of combo attacks. Raven's Cove involved releasing Cursed Blades, so in time, more new weapons could be part of another storyline chapter.
  • Isla Escondida: Unless the TLOPO team already has a full idea of what this new island will compose of, why not make the island home to Captain Salazar's ghost crew, as this will incorporate an element from the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. I'm not sure how his crew could work as brand new never-before-seen enemies, but they seem to be a combination of undead and ghost without a light orb. If not, I still very much hope to see something related to the upcoming movie.
I've read a lot of ideas on this thread and they're all splendid! Boy, there's so much that could be done to make this game even better than before. Along with Isla Escondida, I can't wait to see what new content TLOPO has to offer!

Oh, and speaking of new content: I can't be the only one who heard that TLOPO was originally going to have an event to end Alpha, but instead they decided to release an update every single day until September 19th. Even the NPCs hinted at something big coming. What happened with that?

Last edited:
Back