Have You Ever Been On The Actual POTC "ride?"

• Thread starter Shamus The Brute
  • Start date
I wanted to go on it but I was there for a chorus trip and I was already late for the performance (oops :oops: ) so had to pass it up.

No, I haven't actually been to Disneyland or Disneyworld.
I wanted to go on it but I was there for a chorus trip and I was already late for the performance (oops :oops: ) so had to pass it up.
Since you both (and possible others) have not been on the POTC ride, I highly recommend it because - I can tell you - there is no greater feeling that submersing yourself within "that" type of PIRATE :flag: atmoshere and experience.

To be perfectly honest, the POTC ride caters to all of your senses; it truly leaves it's "mark" on you (if you like to get wet). *In conclusion, I know of no other experience to where your inner pirate comes alive!
http://www.tellnotales.com/home.php​

Last edited by a moderator:
This ride has captivated my imagination since I first rode it at the ripe old age of 5. That was a long long long time ago. It again took me back to childhood each time I have been on it ever since, and most recently with my own children. It was this very ride that started my interest in history in general. The movies spawned from this ride, and our beloved game take me into the world of my imagination, and for this I am grateful! Thank you Walt Disney, thank you!

For those of you living in California (or those whom will be taking a 'vacation' trip to Disneyland this coming Saturday, December 14), be sure to locate Jerry Bruckheimer, shake his hand, and speak to him about how disappointed you are that POTCO was closed by Disney (and explain also that the ONLY way that you can now experience the 'pirate' way of life is to purchase a hefty price to enter the park and then stand in a long line full of 'other' pirate:piratemickey:wannabe's) ... :rolleyes: :muahaha: :rolleyes:

I have been on it once when I was about 9 or 10
I am trying to remember but, I think that was about the same age that I had first taken notice and a liking to POTC...and...it was the ride itself that instilled within me an inner desire to even want to be a pirate :eek: as a kid (and all of the adventure which goes along with being one).

That is what hurts me the most concerning POTCO's closing; someway, somehow...I really have little now which provides for me that inner sense of "adventure" which I desperately seek. *Perhaps I need to get a life but other than my plan to run with the bulls someday in Pamplona, Spain...I am faced with a long, cold winter with nothing on my mind really to think about other than the loss I feel towards my infatuation with SCARY MARY (pfffffffttt)! :p.

Many, many many times - I grew up here in So Cal, so I went a lot when I was a kid. Then I became an uncle & got to go more - now I have an 8 yr old & I get to go again!
(but it was a BAD idea to take her on POTC ride when she was 4 - she enjoyed it until the first drop, then the crying started....)

Now...I don't want anyone to lose their "head" after reading this but apparently, there is an actual (real-life) human skull that decorates the interior of Disneyland's "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride.

According to the claim announced within the article I am providing below, this skull represents one of 3 skulls which had together inhabited the POTC ride at Disneyland (located in Anaheim, CA) at one time.

*This information is really cool and all but this leaves me to ponder the important question, "where exactly did Disney obtain these skulls and who exactly do they belong to?" :confused:

pirate_gif.gif
:skullpeak:

For more details concerning this claim, please review the following link below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Psh yes! Im in the ride ;D Haha just kidding. I always saw my pirates, especially my main, on potco to symbolize Madam Red who is next to the wenches for sale. She's one of the main reasons my favorite color is ruby rose red.
image.jpg

After being closed for an extended period of time, the POTC ride at both Disney themed-parks has re-opened again (a few weeks ago) with some changes made along with a few necessary refurbishments. ;)

Back