Discussion MEGATHREAD: Downtime Discussion

When do you think the game will reopen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry mate but that is quite unlikely.

The official answer is:
There is no set date for when the game will come back up. However, we assure you that it will not take as long as the transition from Alpha to Beta.

In the latest Developer Stream,
they mentioned that if everything went perfect,
it would take 2 weeks (it hasn't even been one yet).

I assume there will be some issues along the way,
so, they also said it would not take nearly as long as the
transition from Alpha to Beta (3 Months).
So I'd say give it a month but I really think
they will be done within the month of March, just saying.

Big question and I would really appreciate just an estimate, I know in Canada for sure March break or spring break is just beginning and I was wondering if TLOPO would be back up within the next week or so to play over the break?

3-4 weeks is what i'd say would be fast, because they have to completely migrate all the current data to the updated servers.

Im just a mega technical person, say for example like:

• Make our serverside compatible with 2013 client: 2 weeks (ontop of whats already been figured out or more roughly)
  • Export current character role tables with all their data: 1 afternoon
  • Check character role tables for any conflicting TLOPO custom data or hex octets (im unsure if the character roles here are done with XML with hex octets or if its some other format, most games around this time used this format) and fill in the gaps in the client and or remove or fix those from the database: 1 week
  • 2013 Client to 2013 newly set up serverside sanity checks, last minute checks, ensure all details and goals are met for reopen: 1-2 days
  • Setup a test server with a copy of the database loaded up and ensure all characters can login without conflict or corruption and ensure the new server doesn't corrupt the database: 3 days
  • Any extra stuff or issues ran into the way or wanting to ensure flagship AI is added and ready conflict free: maybe a week or less

I know for a fact I'd never ever ever get a rundown of these types of play by play but its nice to dream. Main reason for that is they are probably busy doing this type of stuff listed above and wouldn't wanna cater to me vs getting it back up
TRL14X0.png

Im just a mega technical person, say for example like:

• Make our serverside compatible with 2013 client: 2 weeks (ontop of whats already been figured out or more roughly)
  • Export current character role tables with all their data: 1 afternoon
  • Check character role tables for any conflicting TLOPO custom data or hex octets (im unsure if the character roles here are done with XML with hex octets or if its some other format, most games around this time used this format) and fill in the gaps in the client and or remove or fix those from the database: 1 week
  • 2013 Client to 2013 newly set up serverside sanity checks, last minute checks, ensure all details and goals are met for reopen: 1-2 days
  • Setup a test server with a copy of the database loaded up and ensure all characters can login without conflict or corruption and ensure the new server doesn't corrupt the database: 3 days
  • Any extra stuff or issues ran into the way or wanting to ensure flagship AI is added and ready conflict free: maybe a week or less

I know for a fact I'd never ever ever get a rundown of these types of play by play but its nice to dream. Main reason for that is they are probably busy doing this type of stuff listed above and wouldn't wanna cater to me vs getting it back up
TRL14X0.png

Nice guess haha. I doubt it will be that long, seeing how multiple teams are working on different things at the same time. Judging by the current rate at which most updates are released, I wouldn't doubt we have the game up by the end of march.

Back