• Don't Care.

Votes: 28 8.3%
  • No.

Votes: 198 58.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread needs to be locked
I don't necessarily agree with that, but if it gets locked, it gets locked. The reason for the sudden spike in activity, is the post that I initially made a bunch of replies to. It started as a seperate thread, and was moved here, so everyone commented on here, in response to Charles' most recent post (i.e. "Why trading should NEVER come to TLOPO") just thought I'd point that out. It seems a moderator moved it here, so the discussion would continue here :)

I think trading is a bad idea as people will change their mind after the trade and this will cause more in game drama. If you want trading, lets make it easy and place ALL weapons up for sail so we can buy the weapon we want?

I think trading is a bad idea as people will change their mind after the trade and this will cause more in game drama. If you want trading, lets make it easy and place ALL weapons up for sail so we can buy the weapon we want?
I don't feel that's very conducive to the game. Here I will defend the die hard looters. Just placing all the items up for sale will devalue them, and make looters irrelevant. At least with trading, looters stay relevant, and important to the economy that trading would surely create. And again, if you make a bad deal, or regret the deal you made, that's 110% on you. I can't stress enough, that "bad deals" have nothing to do with the system, and everything to do with the carelessness of the parties involved in the trade.

thing with trading is looters will still loot, then they traid there loot for gold or for something else, with a shop system, there will be no reason to loot

This has been buried down (and I stupidly put it as a "spoiler") - so I'm sure many people haven't read it. This is a concept I made that might please both parties. Thoughts would be appreciated.

To satisfy everyone - trading can be altered in a way that would still let players actually play the game. Weapon tokens can be given by one player to the other. Every time you loot a rare, famed, or legendary weapon - you receive their token. What do tokens do? Read more below.

Tokens are stored in an inventory page that looks similar to the cards page and they slightly increase your chances of receiving a certain weapon when they're activated. You cannot activate your own tokens, but can only give them away. Only the tokens you receive from other players can be activated as the tokens you receive with your weapon are for trading purposes only.

You can only activate the chance boost for a certain weapon if you have 3/6/9 tokens for that weapon. Only one chance boost can be activated per day and the boost lasts for a 24 hour duration. The chance boost takes the form of a potion and appears in the potions inventory section after a set of 3/6/9 weapon tokens are activated.

There are 3 different chance boosts:

• Chance I (+15% chance of weapon drop) [3 tokens required to activate]
  • Chance III (+30% chance of weapon drop) [6 tokens required to activate]
  • Chance III (+45% chance of weapon drop) [9 tokens required to activate]

The chance boost impacts loot skulls only. So if you activate Chance I by drinking the potion - you have a 15% chance of finding the weapon you're searching for in a loot skull chest.

Let me introduce you to the concept using an example:
There's a pirate called Kate. Kate wants a set of Silver Freeze daggers - she has one token and plans to find two more so she can have a better chance of receiving the weapon she wants in her loot. A friend called Johnny that has Silver Freeze (and a spare token) - Johnny was nice enough to give her the token in return for nothing. Now she has two tokens.

Kate then ran around Tortuga ̶b̶e̶g̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ asking if anyone would like to initiate a Silver Freeze token trade. Sven had 8 El Patron tokens and needed 1 more for his Chance III potion. Upon seeing Kate wave her sword around, he told her he was willing to trade a Silver Freeze token in return for an El Patron one. Kate agreed and received the third token.

Kate then activated the Silver Freeze Chance I potion, drank it and headed to Isla Tormenta to loot. Luckily, 6 loot skulls later, she found her weapon.

Chance boost does not guarantee you receiving the weapon of your choice, however it increases the probability of you receiving it. You may or may not find the weapon in loot in the end.

people will change their mind after the trade and this will cause more in game drama.
This is a good point! To prevent anyone from saying "I didn't mean to trade my Lost Sword for your
stinky Cemetery Doll"
extra safeguards would be good.

For instance, before you click 'final trade' a prompt could come up that says..
"Do you want to trade this?" then after your reply another prompt..
"Are you SURE you want to trade this?" then a final prompt..
"Are you REALLLY REALLY SURE YOU WANT TO TRADE THIS??"

I'm in support of trading and any views I had against it in the past are null and void. I think trading could benefit a lot of pirates for various reasons. Let the folks trade! :bang:

I don't necessarily agree with that, but if it gets locked, it gets locked. The reason for the sudden spike in activity, is the post that I initially made a bunch of replies to. It started as a seperate thread, and was moved here, so everyone commented on here, in response to Charles' most recent post (i.e. "Why trading should NEVER come to TLOPO") just thought I'd point that out. It seems a moderator moved it here, so the discussion would continue here :)

Why? Then if anyone comes to the forums that hadn't been here previously sees something about trading and wants to add their own input, they'd have to make a new thread. If you think the discussion has nothing to be added on to it then just stop looking at the thread.
I apologize @LesPaulObsession I was under the impression that this thread started back after @VIPVicFirth attacked my post from months ago making pretty much no sense.

I was not aware that they merged your other thread into this one. Sorry I didn't catch that.

In that case I suppose it makes sense for the thread to continue. I don't really think much will change, or be discovered.

In my opinion the thread has mostly served it's purpose but I suppose as @DanceWithTheDevil said others might want to add their input.

This is a good point! To prevent anyone from saying "I didn't mean to trade my Lost Sword for your
stinky Cemetery Doll"

I'm in support of trading and any views I had against it in the past are null and void. I think trading could benefit a lot of pirates for various reasons. Let the folks trade! :bang:
I think that is a fair thing to do, some swords can look all the same too if you don't hover over the icons for the fact card of he weapon or item. You could be trading away a famed sword that has the same look as its sister, merely common, lower variety.

If it were to be implemented, I'm all for the extra verification - but not this! :laugh: (Mainly because it's comical and people can keep on clicking really quickly without realising a mistake they've made)

Maybe there could be an initial trade prompt, followed by a confirmation "lock" that prevents users from putting or removing anything. The final step required could be for both pirates to hold a button for 3 seconds or something equally annoying.

stinky Cemetery Doll"

To clarify my opinion as well I am not necessarily against trading. While I don't really want it, I wouldn't mind as long as the system is even meaning
Crude for Crude
Common for Common
Rare for Rare
Famed for Famed.

Again someone such as gold for mats would be nice as well. As long as the system makes sense and is even I think this would be a good addition (although I think other unadded content such as inventory space is much more important)

I think this "even system", along with @Pumpkin Pie's final trade prompt would ensure that no "accidents" occur.
Before people attack this post as well Yes in the past I was 100% against trading. I'm not any more but I am still 100% against uneven trading.

Trading is fine but it MUST be even. If it's not then we'll see players ripping each other off and trading uneven trades.

Also uneven trading would bring those "Op people"/"Nice people" to give away duplicates for nothing.

If you want to trade a duplicate famed for instance (with an even system) you could trade that duplicate for a famed that you don't have yet, and the other person could trade their dup (or other famed they don't want) for yours. That way duplicates are no longer a problem and everyone's happy. Savvy?

If it were to be implemented, I'm all for the extra verification - but not this! :laugh: (Mainly because it's comical and people can keep on clicking really quickly without realising a mistake they've made)

Maybe there could be an initial trade prompt, followed by a confirmation "lock" that prevents users from putting or removing anything. The final step required could be for both pirates to hold a button for 3 seconds or something equally annoying.
Alternatively, they could type in a keyword or something like a captcha or the name of the item or the highest valued item involved in the trade before it is confirmed.

Aye good idea. It's not that annoying bc I doubt pirates will be trading that many items a day.

This is a great topic by the way. Some people mentioned the chance of the thread being locked.

I'd like to remind folks: There is a fine line between discussing differences and arguing about them.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Suggestions and ideas combined sometimes make for a great new concept.
Nothing is ever 100% right or 100% wrong. Let's respect the fact that we all have different opinions.
There shouldn't be reasons to lock threads if we are polite, sane, and respectful. Thank you! :D

"An open mind is our greatest treasure" quote by Punkin

To clarify my opinion as well I am not necessarily against trading. While I don't really want it, I wouldn't mind as long as the system is even meaning
Crude for Crude
Common for Common
Rare for Rare
Famed for Famed.

Again someone such as gold for mats would be nice as well. As long as the system makes sense and is even I think this would be a good addition (although I think other unadded content such as inventory space is much more important)

I think this "even system", along with @Pumpkin Pie's final trade prompt would ensure that no "accidents" occur.
Before people attack this post as well Yes in the past I was 100% against trading. I'm not any more but I am still 100% against uneven trading.

Trading is fine but it MUST be even. If it's not then we'll see players ripping each other off and trading uneven trades.

Also uneven trading would bring those "Op people"/"Nice people" to give away duplicates for nothing.

If you want to trade a duplicate famed for instance (with an even system) you could trade that duplicate for a famed that you don't have yet, and the other person could trade their dup (or other famed they don't want) for yours. That way duplicates are no longer a problem and everyone's happy. Savvy?
While I agree, that bad deals will likely happen, I don't like the "even trading" system. For instance, I have two legendary weapons, of the same type, but I really want "X" cannon ram, which is rare, or famed, and I really, really want it. I'd be willing to part with my item, for the ram, and maybe a bit of coin. I don't just want to be confined to my item's rarity when it comes to trading. Once again, I stand by my take on "bad deals". If you accept one, and fall for it, without doing your research, that's your fault, just as much as it is the other party's. I definitely don't condone it, but if it happens, you'll learn from it, and you definitely won't do it again. I often find myself playing this game with friends, and thinking "Goodness TLOPO, could you let go of my hand? I can walk on my own, thank you." While I have nothing against the game, I think holding players hands in a trade, is just an extra, annoying, and unnecessary obstacle. If you make a mistake, learn from it. Don't do it again. How did you learn how to ride a bike on your own? Sure, your parents might have helped you in the beginning, but you probably fell over a time or two and thought "Hmm, that kinda hurts, I should not do that again" and learned from it. And I don't think that there are as many "nice" pirates giving away tons of valuable equipment. As I said before, I'm a fairly nice guy. I enjoy helping out the next pirate, but I'm also thinking for myself a lot too. If I have 2 or 3 of the same rare weapon, I'm selling those for profit, because you can bet your rear I want to put the money or weapons I acquire from those trades, to good use.

And just to be clear, I'm not trying to attack anyone or put anyone down, I'm just voicing my side of the argument, and my take on trading. If I have ever come off as rude, or passive aggressive, I assure that it was not my intent. I like to keep the forums a fun and thought provoking place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back