Votes: 113 33.3%
  • Don't Care.

Votes: 28 8.3%
  • No.

Votes: 198 58.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes actual. Redeemable codes are goofy when they give you too much that you didn't earn. I'm fine with the 100 steel stuff and 10k gold bc those aren't huge gifts. Giving a gift to the beta key players is also fine because we earned it. Redeeming like The Sword of Padres Del Fuego though I am against that, it should be loot able.
soo..you never redeemed the new sword?

The Trade System - by Jack Cannonskull
This is my idea for a trade system in TLOPO. Please feel free to comment and post your constructive criticism.
The Even Way
In my system there are different ways to trade. Let's start with the most simple way... The "even way"
crude = crude
common=common
rare=rare
famed=famed
NOTE: You can trade more than 1 item using this type of trade, meaning you could trade a rare for rare a famed for a famed and so on
Examples: Admirals Cutlass for Gorilla Blunderbuss, Rusty sabre for Rusty Cutlass, Revenant Ram for Priming Ram, Revenant Ram for Priming Ram AND The Lost Sword of El Patron for Silver Freeze
This type of trade would be best when you feel you have an equal item to the item your being offered, or if you have a dup you'd like to trade for a different item of the same rarity.
The Gold Way
ways to use the gold way.
1. Trade a certain amount of gold for an item
2. Trade a certain amount of gold and an item of that rarity
NOTE: You can still trade more than one item using this type of trade.
Examples: 150k gold for Iron Priming Ram, Holly Cutlass for 10k gold, Revenant Ram for 80k gold and Deepwater Blade
This type of trade would be best when you don't have an item you think the other person will accept, or if you want to pay handsomely for good items, or if you want to use the even way but the other person want more, so you shell out some gold.
The Uneven Way
ways to use the uneven way
1. You may give an item of a different rarity to another player but they must give you another item and a certain amount of gold.
Examples: Iron Priming Ram and 100k gold + for The Lost Sword of El Patron ( + meaning you must offer at least 100k gold but you can up it if the other person wont accept.

To better explain the uneven way it works like this: If you offer a crude for a common (whoever is offering the crude must also give at least 1k gold) in that case then

1. crude 1k + = common
2. crude 50k + = rare
3. crude 100k + = famed
4. crude 160k + legendary

1. common 30k + = rare
2. common 90k + = famed
3. common 160k + legendary

1. rare 70k + = famed
2. rare 160k + = legendary

1. famed 90k = legendary

FAQS:
1. Players will not be able to trade cursed items with players who have not unlocked them yet. If a player attempts to do so a message will pop up on screen saying "This player has not unlocked cursed blades yet, choose another item"
2. You can trade more than 1 item in all of three of these ways
3. I'm desperately hoping that the uneven way I made up can please both people like me and other looters and those who want free trade. Hopefully the amount of gold you pay will keep rip offs and free items away, but still allow players to have free trade like some of you wanted.
4. The amount of gold you pay in the uneven way might seem high to some players but please understand that gold isn't the most useful thing, and it's also not that hard to get if you do the right activities. Meaning ship runs and blackjack.
5. I really tried to compromise between all of our ideas and I really hope that this system can do that. If you have any constructive criticism PLEASE PLEASE quote my post and tell me, I will consider ALL of your ideas.

This is my idea for a trade system in TLOPO. Please feel free to comment and post your constructive criticism.
The Even Way
In my system there are different ways to trade. Let's start with the most simple way... The "even way"
crude = crude
common=common
rare=rare
famed=famed
NOTE: You can trade more than 1 item using this type of trade, meaning you could trade a rare for rare a famed for a famed and so on
Examples: Admirals Cutlass for Gorilla Blunderbuss, Rusty sabre for Rusty Cutlass, Revenant Ram for Priming Ram, Revenant Ram for Priming Ram AND The Lost Sword of El Patron for Silver Freeze
This type of trade would be best when you feel you have an equal item to the item your being offered, or if you have a dup you'd like to trade for a different item of the same rarity.
The Gold Way
Examples: 150k gold for Iron Priming Ram, Holly Cutlass for 10k gold, Revenant Ram for 80k gold and Deepwater Blade
This type of trade would be best when you don't have an item you think the other person will accept, or if you want to pay handsomely for good items, or if you want to use the even way but the other person want more, so you shell out some gold.
The Uneven Way
1. You may give an item of a different rarity to another player but they must give you another item and a certain amount of gold.
Examples: Iron Priming Ram for The Lost Sword of El Patron and 100k gold + (meaning you must offer at least 100k gold but you can up it if the other person wont accept.

To better explain the uneven way it works like this: If you offer a crude for a common (whoever is offering the crude must also give at least 1k gold) in that case then

1. crude 1k + = common
2. crude 50k + = rare
3. crude 100k + = famed

1. common 30k + = rare
2. common 90k + = famed

1. rare 70k + = famed

1. famed 90k = legendary

FAQS:
1. Players will not be able to trade cursed items with players who have not unlocked them yet. If a player attempts to do so a message will pop up on screen saying "This player has not unlocked cursed blades yet, choose another item"
3. I'm desperately hoping that the uneven way I made up can please both people like me and other looters and those who want free trade. Hopefully the amount of gold you pay will keep rip offs and free items away, but still allow players to have free trade like some of you wanted.
4. The amount of gold you pay in the uneven way might seem high to some players but please understand that gold isn't the most useful thing, and it's also not that hard to get if you do the right activities. Meaning ship runs and blackjack.
5. I really tried to compromise between all of our ideas and I really hope that this system can do that. If you have any constructive criticism PLEASE PLEASE quote my post and tell me, I will consider ALL of your ideas.
Commas separate different trades btw!

I'm not an extremely famed looter but I still very much enjoy it. I'll try to answer your question. Below I answer why trading isn't really "optional." Yes you are correct trading would be "somewhat" good to looters, but "also bad". Let me try to respectfully explain. While yes looters could potentially make a lot of money off this remember a few things. 1. If players are too lazy to go loot then they are probably too lazy to get enough gold that would be worth a famed. It's extremely easy to get gold playing blackjack. About 10k every 10-15 minutes if you cheat every round. Which leads me into my next point. 2. gold isn't that useful. Let's be honest. There aren't a lot of things to do with gold. Really all there is to do with it is buy ships, and ship upgrades. I feel like gold needs to be more useful then it has been in the past for this to work out. 3. Not all looters like to give out there fames. With all respect to looters a lot of us want to keep our fames because we feel accomplished for getting them and we like to showcase them. Not all the biggest looters are just gonna flip fames for less useful gold.

Yes actual. Redeemable codes are goofy when they give you too much that you didn't earn. I'm fine with the 100 steel stuff and 10k gold bc those aren't huge gifts. Giving a gift to the beta key players is also fine because we earned it. Redeeming like The Heart of Padres Del Fuego though I am against that, it should be loot able.

Because if people are just getting "free items" then everything I will have is just so much worse. If that's an option (to get free gifts) than it's stupid for me to say "no I'm not going to do that" basically I have to trade if I want to keep up with others while pvping and even pve, and svs. It's just not as rewarding. Again! I'm not against trading just make it even or at least somewhat even and that's fine! Its solves the problem of dups and still allows for an economy. Just not one where people get ripped off or free gifts.

Please allow me to say that the more I think about, the more I would like to see a form of trading in the game. I'm not talking completely even here. Just something that would allow for somewhat fair trades. I will think about it and post my solution.
See, but I have one problem with all of this. Without a passive trading system (implying trading is not crucial to the experience) only some players can play the way they like, that being looters. I'm far too busy to loot for hours and hours,and hours for one sword, or article of clothing. I would rather play when I can, and trade for the equipment I want. With a trading system, you can choose not to trade, and just hold onto your rare items, to showcase, or you can choose to trade, and everyone can play the way they like. As I mentioned, I'm a full time student, I work 35-45 hours a week, and I have a band, I can't grind for decades for rare stuff. But I'd still like to have it. With passive trading, I can do that, and still enjoy the game. Not everyone gets enjoyment from looting, or searching all the time, some get enjoyment from having the gear. If you do enjoy it, good on you, keep enjoying the game. I just thought it would help to point out that not everyone plays like that :)

The Even Way
crude = crude
common=common
rare=rare
famed=famed
The Gold Way
The Uneven Way
Examples: Iron Priming Ram and 100k gold + for The Lost Sword of El Patron ( + meaning you must offer at least 100k gold but you can up it if the other person wont accept.

1. crude 1k + = common
2. crude 50k + = rare
3. crude 100k + = famed

1. common 30k + = rare
2. common 90k + = famed

1. rare 70k + = famed

1. famed 90k = legendary

FAQS:
This idea also incorporates the "rewarding feeling" I was talking about. Though you didn't loot that item you still had to grind for the gold, or other item, or both to get it with!

That sword isn't the heart of padres del fuego. Its a rare that I have much better stuff of.
but it is a sword that you can only get right now while the code is active, isnt that the same thing you were just talking about?

an item that only lucky people can get before the code becomes inactive

If the game gets more popular and trade is out, that redeemable sword will become a rare like party hats on Runescape <3 Btw how do I redeem this sword everyone's talking about?

Hey guys, I figured I would just throw my two cents into the whole trading debate, is it a good idea, or a bad idea?

It's a bad idea.

Trading is going to be a disaster. It's a short term solution to a long term problem and will cause people to get bored and stop playing. What was it that made this game so unique that it kept people playing year after year? And how proud are you going to be that you purchased that weapon rather than found it by hard work?

Let's be honest, looting is the primary in-game mechanic that keeps people interested in the game.

I've already talked to SEVERAL prominent looters in the TLOPO community who said they were going to QUIT the game if trading is implemented. One of these people being @Charles Warmonk

ANYTHING that causes this kind of reaction is probably not in the game's best interests.

If they are going to add trading, I at least hope there are restrictions on what you can trade.

I know there are plenty of people who want trading because they've been searching for so long for a weapon or clothing item that they just can't seem to find, and they want to be able to just purchase said item so they can finally have it. Isn't the struggle of looting hours and hours for a weapon most of the fun? That moment when you finally get that prized item you've been looking for, there's nothing like it. The whole concept of looting will be forever tainted if trading is implemented.

I'm not a developer, but I am asking them to seriously think about what would be in the game's best LONG TERM interests. Trading would severely ruin the RNG aspect of TLOPO, some people just aren't as lucky as others, that's just how it is.

As far as the looting community is concerned, if you value the concept of looting and the items that you find while looting, I encourage you not to trade. Looting is about the self-gratification and joy of when you finally find a legendary or a famed or a bright, that feeling doesn't exist if you can just purchase the items instead.

Couldn't agree more! People being able to obtain items without looting ruins the whole reason looting exists!

The reason they shouldn't be able to is because it would make the game too easy. You shouldn't just be getting free gifts that's pointless.
This is not a competitive game, first of all. If somebody else has a good weapon that in no way affects you. If you do not want to receive free weapons, you don't have to, but you are just taking flexibility away from the game because you don't like what other people get.

Secondly, it doesn't matter that the person receiving the item didn't work for it, the point is that SOMEONE worked for it. If they want to give that away, that is their choice. The weapon still has value because it did take work to get.

This is not a competitive game, first of all. If somebody else has a good weapon that in no way affects you. If you do not want to receive free weapons, you don't have to, but you are just taking flexibility away from the game because you don't like what other people get.

Secondly, it doesn't matter that the person receiving the item didn't work for it, the point is that SOMEONE worked for it. If they want to give that away, that is their choice. The weapon still has value because it did take work to get.

Honestly I agree with you more than I do with my previous statement...

What if, every famed and legendary weapon you find is written down on your profile. That way if you see a level 2 using lost sword and he claims that he found it, you can look at his profile to see if he's lying.

The whole topic of trading has its pros and cons. I think Ive said all that I can about this topic.

Honestly I agree with you more than I do with my previous statement...

What if, every famed and legendary weapon you find is written down on your profile. That way if you see a level 2 using lost sword and he claims that he found it, you can look at his profile to see if he's lying.

The whole topic of trading has its pros and cons. I think Ive said all that I can about this topic.
Not to sound rude, because I don't think your idea is bad at all, but, does the lost sword have a level requirement on it, to use? Like, sword level 30? Because if so, like, no low level players will be swinging one around

Not to sound rude, because I don't think your idea is bad at all, but, does the lost sword have a level requirement on it, to use? Like, sword level 30? Because if so, like, no low level players will be swinging one around

Haha I thought about that as I was writing it. It was just using that as an example.

AGAIN, ANYTHING that causes this much CONTROVERSY can in no way be in the game's best interests, it just can't.
How can there be controversy if it is strictly by choice? As Teague said, no one is forcing anyone to trade if it's brought in.
I kind of see where you're coming from maybe, you work for 2 months to get a legendary and some new guy shows up one day ago and buys the same legendary off some one. But that is what happens and that's a random thing you can't stop or effect. But the only one that it bothers is you for personal reasons which is just that ...personal with you. Thing is, that legendary you worked for may fetch some pretty gold that will help you buy a ship.

How is that a bad thing. And if someone starts doing more trading than leveling, that's their business too. More avenues of interests keep a game fresher.

Commas separate different trades btw!
Do you think tlopo could be complex enough to have both a trading feature and a auction feature ex: WOW?
If trading can be free enough to be a barter system perhaps. A blend of both?
EX: Both go to a tavern to barter - Me: "Jack, I'll give ye 3ooo gold for that thar Admirals Cutlass" Jack: "Squintz, ya lopsided landlubber, it be 30,000 gold" ...me: " Jack, ye thieving barnacled squidlip, you're no betteren Jolly himself" Jack: "Squintz, ya best be leavin now or I'll slice out yer gizzard and slap it down for my next bet o blackjack!- off with ya! Me: while going out the door..."Yarr, ye talk big Jacko but I'll be seein yer slimy self out the south of Padres..harr harr... *slam*.

So, perhaps a open barter system between pirates were maybe a tavern can be a verifyer of sorts.
Just a thought.

Do you think tlopo could be complex enough to have both a trading feature and a auction feature ex: WOW?
If trading can be free enough to be a barter system perhaps. A blend of both?
EX: Both go to a tavern to barter - Me: "Jack, I'll give ye 3ooo gold for that thar Admirals Cutlass" Jack: "Squintz, ya lopsided landlubber, it be 30,000 gold" ...me: " Jack, ye thieving barnacled squidlip, you're no betteren Jolly himself" Jack: "Squintz, ya best be leavin now or I'll slice out yer gizzard and slap it down for my next bet o blackjack!- off with ya! Me: while going out the door..."Yarr, ye talk big Jacko but I'll be seein yer slimy self out the south of Padres..harr harr... *slam*.

So, perhaps a open barter system between pirates were maybe a tavern can be a verifyer of sorts.
Just a thought.
....huh?

I say you can trade whatever you want except legendaries for obvious reasons. Just have there be a popup saying "do you accept this trade? yes or no?" like how every other MMORPG uses it.

A stronger version of that weapon exists. However, I'm not even sure if it's programmed into TLOPO because I haven't seen it drop yet.
screenshot_2017-09-29_11-32-41.jpg screenshot_2017-09-29_11-33-03.jpg They do exist!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back