Votes: 113 33.3%
  • Don't Care.

Votes: 28 8.3%
  • No.

Votes: 198 58.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People be like "I don't like spending 48+ hours to get the one sword I want so I'll just trade with a friend who has a spare one he got."

People who spend 48+ hours a week on the game be like: "ERMIGERD DONT GIVE PEOPLE ANYTHING NEW. MAKE THEM GRIND UNTIL THEIR BONES TURN INTO MUSH, THEIR SOULS BECOME HUSKS AND THEIR BRAIN SLOWLY TURNS INTO A STEAMED VEGETABLE!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

That's just my opinion though so take it as you will.

The Trade System - by Jack Cannonskull
This is my idea for a trade system in TLOPO. Please feel free to comment and post your constructive criticism.
The Even Way
In my system there are different ways to trade. Let's start with the most simple way... The "even way"
crude = crude
common=common
rare=rare
famed=famed
NOTE: You can trade more than 1 item using this type of trade, meaning you could trade a rare for rare a famed for a famed and so on
Examples: Admirals Cutlass for Gorilla Blunderbuss, Rusty sabre for Rusty Cutlass, Revenant Ram for Priming Ram, Revenant Ram for Priming Ram AND The Lost Sword of El Patron for Silver Freeze
This type of trade would be best when you feel you have an equal item to the item your being offered, or if you have a dup you'd like to trade for a different item of the same rarity.
The Gold Way
ways to use the gold way.
1. Trade a certain amount of gold for an item
2. Trade a certain amount of gold and an item of that rarity
NOTE: You can still trade more than one item using this type of trade.
Examples: 150k gold for Iron Priming Ram, Holly Cutlass for 10k gold, Revenant Ram for 80k gold and Deepwater Blade
This type of trade would be best when you don't have an item you think the other person will accept, or if you want to pay handsomely for good items, or if you want to use the even way but the other person want more, so you shell out some gold.
The Uneven Way
ways to use the uneven way
1. You may give an item of a different rarity to another player but they must give you another item and a certain amount of gold.
Examples: Iron Priming Ram and 100k gold + for The Lost Sword of El Patron ( + meaning you must offer at least 100k gold but you can up it if the other person wont accept.

To better explain the uneven way it works like this: If you offer a crude for a common (whoever is offering the crude must also give at least 1k gold) in that case then

1. crude 1k + = common
2. crude 50k + = rare
3. crude 100k + = famed
4. crude 160k + legendary

1. common 30k + = rare
2. common 90k + = famed
3. common 160k + legendary

1. rare 70k + = famed
2. rare 160k + = legendary

1. famed 90k = legendary

FAQS:
1. Players will not be able to trade cursed items with players who have not unlocked them yet. If a player attempts to do so a message will pop up on screen saying "This player has not unlocked cursed blades yet, choose another item"
2. You can trade more than 1 item in all of three of these ways
3. I'm desperately hoping that the uneven way I made up can please both people like me and other looters and those who want free trade. Hopefully the amount of gold you pay will keep rip offs and free items away, but still allow players to have free trade like some of you wanted.
4. The amount of gold you pay in the uneven way might seem high to some players but please understand that gold isn't the most useful thing, and it's also not that hard to get if you do the right activities. Meaning ship runs and blackjack.
5. I really tried to compromise between all of our ideas and I really hope that this system can do that. If you have any constructive criticism PLEASE PLEASE quote my post and tell me, I will consider ALL of your ideas.

I really don't think it's a bad idea.
Just needs to be regulated in a manner that makes it fare .
I really don't want people being exploited.
you should only be able to trade thing of equal value. or only give gold up to the face value of the item.
example if a sword is with a 150 gold
a person can give it to you for free or up to 150 gold.

I really don't think it's a bad idea.
Just needs to be regulated in a manner that makes it fare .
I really don't want people being exploited.
you should only be able to trade thing of equal value. or only give gold up to the face value of the item.
example if a sword is with a 150 gold
a person can give it to you for free or up to 150 gold.
I
have
addressed
this
many
times

This kind of limitation is unacceptable.

My idea was made as unlimited as possible. You can trade anything you want, in a few different ways. But to make sure no rip offs happen you have to pay a bit of gold.
He was saying that you should not be able to trade for anything more than what your item is worth.

Now that I think about it, that would be impossible because the same standards would apply to the other person, meaning they would only be able to trade for something of equal or lesser value to their weapon. This would mean that only completely identical weapons could be traded, thus eliminating the main purpose of trading.

My idea was made as unlimited as possible. You can trade anything you want, in a few different ways. But to make sure no rip offs happen you have to pay a bit of gold.
I think it should be between 2 people. Perhaps you can do a chat bubble like "trading Sacred 30 pistol" and the first one who clicks on you gets first crack at bartering with only you. It's not an auction because it's one on one. Perhaps a pre built trade window from tlopo will pop up and you ask "offer". Either the other guy buys it or trades for another item, that's up to the 2 now talking to each other.
Say he doesn't buy or trade, either put your bubble back up, or the trade screen will do it for you. But it would be what the barter market will dictate.
People may want an equal type sword for a gun. There's been a few times where I wish I could trade for a quest item I needed.
If I choose to seek out a barter for a quest item that would only effect myself and not the game or anyone else. None of this will or should have a overall effect on the game or others it seems.

In my opinion a trade system would ruin the grind and effort it takes to get lucky and farm the weapons
No, because the weapons would still be being ground(?) for by someone, even if it isn't the person who will ultimately end up with the weapon through trading. And also, 99% of the time the person who is receiving the weapon will have to give something in return, so they would have to grind for those items. Just because you aren't grinding for a specific item doesn't mean you aren't grinding.

If I was grinding for days to get the Lost Sword, but at the end I only had a different legendary, perhaps the Emerald Curse, why should I not be allowed to trade with someone who has the Lost Sword but actually wants the Emerald Curse? I still did a ton of grinding, as did he. The RNG just didn't work out for us, which is something that could be resolved through trading.

No, because the weapons would still be being ground(?) for by someone, even if it isn't the person who will ultimately end up with the weapon through trading. And also, 99% of the time the person who is receiving the weapon will have to give something in return, so they would have to grind for those items. Just because you aren't grinding for a specific item doesn't mean you aren't grinding.

If I was grinding for days to get the Lost Sword, but at the end I only had a different legendary, perhaps the Emerald Curse, why should I not be allowed to trade with someone who has the Lost Sword but actually wants the Emerald Curse? I still did a ton of grinding, as did he. The RNG just didn't work out for us, which is something that could be resolved through trading.
I don't understand why people don't grasp this concept? Like, the gear still comes from somewhere. It's not that complex. I couldn't agree with you more.

to whoever it was a few pages ago that suggested every item goes up for sale:
getting gold in the game is far too easy, and looting is what makes the game fun!

also, what if there was a limit on just how often you could trade? that way, looting would still be worth it & valuable. a cap of maybe a few trades a month would prevent anyone from losing or gaining too much stuff so quickly.

also, what if there was a limit on just how often you could trade? that way, looting would still be worth it & valuable. a cap of maybe a few trades a month would prevent anyone from losing or gaining too much stuff so quickly.
You aren't losing or gaining stuff 99% of the time, you're trading it, meaning that you give an item of similar value for the other person's item.

With trading, looting would still be "worth it and valuable". The weapons being traded don't just appear. Somebody has to loot them before they can trade them.

You aren't losing or gaining stuff 99% of the time, you're trading it, meaning that you give an item of similar value for the other person's item.

With trading, looting would still be "worth it and valuable". The weapons being traded don't just appear. Somebody has to loot them before they can trade them.
After all this time, I still have yet to see any of them come up with a rebuttal for this statement, which is our rebuttal for almost all of their complaints! If you guys are so vehemently against trading, then respond to this statement, please!

Long as trade is kept out of chats, and is nicely designed(and tested!)...in such a way as to avoid scammers, spammers, and omg gold sellers...then I wouldn't object to it being tried eventually. So many other things need to run well first....and storage...sigh...lovely, spanky-new storage.

Long as trade is kept out of chats, and is nicely designed(and tested!)...in such a way as to avoid scammers, spammers, and omg gold sellers...then I wouldn't object to it being tried eventually. So many other things need to run well first....and storage...sigh...lovely, spanky-new storage.
Kept out of chats? How else are you supposed to advertise your trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back