Corsairs of the Sea: Remember Me

:excited: How come that no one left a comment here ...

That's was very good, Basil ... very detailed, rich and funny! I have to commend you on this, you put a lot of little details that are so enriching to the story: Alex made a small hole on the table with his knife, Basil pretended that the slap didn't happen, in the background the music changed, Gibbs - beginning to grab a seat - but before he could, Anna sat in his place, and she took the Gibb's mug ... I LOVE them! Small details that make the story come alive!

And you pictured Jack's character like I imagine watching his movies: After Jack took the pearl back - then corrected - After Basil took the pearl back ... You just nailed it! :lol1:

EXCELLENT! Now you already knew where the next chapter is heading to, I guess? Only a matter or typing it, right? Don't take too long, please ... I can't wait!

Trust me, it's going to get better ;)

Im thinking of a way for Alex to talk more about his parents death...
EDIT (Mar 31, 2011 at 2:05 PM):
Forgot to mention Special thanks to Jade for helping me think of Annbelle's Last name!

Im thinking of a way for Alex to talk more about his parents death...

Was there anybody who had a personal vendetta against the family? That way Alex - being a pirate - also had another nuance to his character, maybe seeking justice? Just thinking out loud ... a twist on his pirate story.

Was there anybody who had a personal vendetta against the family? That way Alex - being a pirate - also had another nuance to his character, maybe seeking justice? Just thinking out loud ... a twist on his pirate story.

Omg, I was just thinking the same thing!! What are the odds?!

Chapter 4 A Devil’s Gamble

Back on the Pearl, the rest of the crew, the ones who weren’t resupplying the ship, were cleaning the deck of debris; from the battle a few hours earlier. Pintel and Ragetti had the duty of cleaning out Jack’s quarters, where the sword was located.

“Leave it to Jack to give us the most damaged part of the ship.” said Ragetti.

“Actually, this is not the worst,” said Pintel, “you should see what cotton and the others have to deal with below deck – it’s a bloody mess!”

“Really? Well, in that case, this doesn’t look so bad!”

They both share a chuckle. Outside, the clouds covered the full moon…

Back inside, Pintel checks one of the draws that was ajar. He sees the sword.

“Here, look at this…” He takes out the sword.

Ragetti stands next to him.

“So this is it, huh?” he said, “The Sword that Tia Dalma asked him to get… doesn’t look like much.”

“Aye,” said Pintel “It doesn’t seem that important.”

“If Jack wants it, it must be.”

Outside, the moon moved behind from the clouds. Its beam went through the skylight in Jacks’ quarters and hits the sword.

Suddenly, the sword seemed to glow a bright sliver, there was a thin line of electric blue running from the tip to the handle. The sword seemed to give off a chilly feeling, even though it wasn’t really cold.

Of course, Ragetti and Pintel Was surprised. Pintel dropped the sword. They both watch it glow.

“Must be very important indeed.”

Ragetti and Pintel both exchanged glances.

As the moon goes behind the clouds, the glowing stops, and it’s just an ordinary sword.

~~~

Back on Tortuga, Gibbs follows Jack to the faithful bride, which was more inland. As they walked farther away from the shore, it became quieter. The bar was located near homes so it was loud, but still... it was loud enough.

Jack watches the compass, it points straight ahead, towards the smaller Traven.

“Looks like he’s in there.” Jack said

They walked on the path that leads to the Traven. To their right was another path, but that lead into the swampy jungle. The sky was partly clear, and the air was cool. There was a woman to the side of the path selling meat, most likely the same meat that was roasting on the shore.

“Jack, are you sure about this?” asked Gibbs, “How do you even know you’re going to win?”

“I don’t,” replied Jack, “That’s the real fun in a poker match.

You never know what’s going to happen… that is, unless, you what to do.”

“Jack, you’re not planning to cheat, are you?”

Jack turns to look at him.

“Did ye forget that we’re pirates?” he waves his arms around, “Drink up me hearties Yo-ho-ho and all that. At least if anything goes wrong, I have you to help me.”

“Jack, things always go wrong when you’re around, this is no different.”

They neared the Traven. Unlike the King’s Arm, it was only ground level. When they went inside, there was music, slowly playing, and people hanging around having a good time; but here it was more tamed.

In the middle of the room, there were three tables that were different from the others: One was blackjack, the other two was poker. One of those poker tables had only two men sitting seated at it. One was most likely the dealer, the other….

“There he is,” said jack as the man wave him over. “You see, true to his word!”

“Yeah, well, we’ll see about that…” muttered Gibbs

The man wore a huge tri cornered hat. He wore a purplish long jacket, which had gold colored trimmings around it. On his belt were two pistols on either side, and a sword on one side. The he pants wore was brown high waters, and his boots was just like jacks’. He had dreadlocks, but was Jack’s Complexion.

“Jack, Jack! Long time no…”

“See.” Jack finished for him.

The man laughs and shakes jack’s hand. He looks at Gibbs. “I see you brought a friend!”

“Aye, this is Joshamee Gibbs,” said Jack, “Gibbs, this is my jolly friend, Hector Roger.”

Gibbs and Hector shake hands.

“As I understand,” said Hector, “you want something from me… a map, yes?”

“That’s what we agreed on, and that’s what I am here for.” He sits down, “shall we start?”

“Aye lets,” replied Hector also sitting down, “I have better things to do after this. Would your friend be playing?”

“No,” Jack said, “he’s just here to watch.”

Jack nods for Gibbs to stand away from the table, but close enough to jump in if anything went wrong.

“Would you like something to drink?” asked Hector, as the dealer started to shuffle the cards.

“No thanks, I had some already. I need to be sober to win this match.”

“That’s if you win.” said Hector, “I’m not going to give up this…” he pulls out the map, shows it to Jack, to prove that it’s real, then hands it over to the dealer. “… easily. But then again, it’s worthless to me. All it has on it is a few lines, nothing else. I’m surprised your using Gold for this game, this map has no value.” He chuckles, “It seems I’m already wining before we even started.”

“Not everything that has value is gold, or treasure, mate.” Jack said

“If you say so…”

“Alright gentlemen,” said the dealer, “We are playing for this here map, for Mr. Sparrow…”

How did he know Jack’s last name?” Thought Gibbs

“… and gold for Mr. Roger. Any bet can be made; the player that has nothing else to bet will lose the game. However, if you bet something that is not gold, you’ll be given a small amount of gold to finish that hand. This would be the last hand in the game. These are the rules you made, do you accept?”

“Aye.”

“Then, let us begin.”

~~~

It was a few minutes in the game, and Jack won the first two hands. In the beginning, each had 500 pieces of gold, now jack had 520 while Hector had 480- simple enough.

“Beginners luck,” said Hector, as the dealer reshuffled the deck, “It’ll run out soon enough.”

Gibbs, who was at the bar, sat on a stool, his back facing Jack and Hector, but from time to time, he looked back.

The Barkeeper that was there looks at him.

“Need a drink mate?” he said as he cleaned out a mug.

“No, no thanks.” Gibbs said. He turns in time to see Jack lose the next hand. By the looks of it, a lot of gold was lost. A sly smile creeps on hector’s face.

“On second thought, that drink is looking mighty fine right about now.”

“Coming right up.”

Back at the table, the cards were passed out, and the game continued.

On the table, there were three cards faced up, An Ace, King, and a Five.

In his hand, Hector had a Six of clubs and a Five of hearts. Jack also had an Ace, and a King - two pair.

“I’ll raise,” said Jack he throws gold pieces into the pot.

“I’ll raise to,” said Hector.

The Pot was slowly increasing. Another card was placed with the others a King. Now, Jack had three of a kind.

The game was now starting to get attention. People stopped playing (and/or drinking) to see what was going on. Slowly the noise level decreased. Gibbs turns to look at the two playing.

Both players checked, ending the hand.

“Alright gentlemen,” said the dealer, “show yer hands...”

Hector showed his hand which was a pair, two fives. He smiles, “Let’s see your hand.”

Jack throws down his cards, showing An Ace and the King. Hector smile fades.

“Winner of this round goes to Jack!” said the dealer.

“Better luck next time, mate.” Jack said

“It appears I underestimated you Jack,” Hector said, as the cards were shuffled again.

“ It’s surprising how many people underestimate me,” Jack said leaning back on his chair, “I could use it to my Advantage,” he taps the table with his fingers then leans forward, “ After all, I am…”

“Captain Jack Sparrow,” said Hector, “I know. You’ve been saying that for years and look at how much trouble it got you in – nearly serving 100 years in Davy Jones’s crew, getting eaten by the kraken, both of which you manage to get out of, oh, and then there was that time when Sao Fang wanted you dead, then there was Barbossa, Commodore Norrington, even Will Turner tried to kill you and double cross you to get to his father. To get to the point, you’ve cheated death, Sparrow.”

“Death and I made a deal,” said Jack, “I get to cheat him as much as I like, as long as he doesn’t cheat me.”

“It’s only a matter of time, Jack. You can’t best the devil forever. One day, your luck will run out, and all those times you’ve cheated the devil will be placed on you.” For a split second, Hector’s tone was ominous, almost evil.

Jack Smiles, “Why do you worry about me mate? I’ll find a way out of it, as usual. It just goes to show you that even when I’m dead, and I’m waiting to be placed in Heaven or Hell, with Hell being the most likely, I would find a way to get out of it.”

The dealer hands two cards each to Jack and Hector, they both put a few pieces of gold in the pot.

The dealer places three cards face up on the table, Ace of spades, Seven of diamonds, and Seven of hearts. Jack had Six of diamonds, and Ten of hearts, there was nothing much to go on- yet.

By now, almost everyone was watching these two men playing. What were they playing for? That, they did not know. There were whispers of guessing here and there, but they weren’t even close.

Gibbs, who was finished with his drink, asked for another one.

“Coming right up. Mate.” said the Barkeep, while pouring the rum. He looks at the table with everyone now around it. He nods in the direction of the group of people.

“Big game, eh?” he said to Gibbs, giving back his now filled mug.

“Aye.” replied Gibbs.

“Do you know what they are playing for?”

“Aye.”

“Are ye going to tell me?”

“Nay.”

“Fair enough.”

Back at the table, Hector raises, Jack does the same. The dealer places another card down, An Ace of Clubs.

Jacks smiles to himself - Two Pair Aces of Sevens. Hector raises, and Jack does the same. Another card placed, Four of Spades, that card wasn’t so important.

Slowly, the pot got higher and higher, the tension in the room just the same.

At last, Hector “Checks” so does Jack. The play went back to Hector and once again, Hector “Checks” and again, Jack does the same.

“Alright Sirs,” said the Dealer, “time to show your hand.”

Jack reviled his cards, the Six of diamonds and Ten of hearts. Jack Smiles and waits for Hector.

Hector was a good player, what was in his hand? Something worthwhile or just a flop?

He places his cards on the table, one on top of the other. The top one was a Nine of Clubs, he shrugs. Then, as if forgetting, he uses his finger to move the top card to show the bottom one, Ace of hearts – A full house, Aces over Sevens, the people watching groans then claps.

“Whoops,” he said, as he looked from the cards to Jack’s face. He similes wickedly.

“It appears I won this round, Mr. Sparrow.”

Jack, who thought he had the upper hand, had no smile. He was so close and yet, as they say, so far. He was so close to winning the round, he had so much riding on this, and it was gone in a blink of an eye.

Jacks luck just got worst from then on. Round after round, he lost. Not only that, but his gold was running low, and the chance of getting that map seemed slim. A few minutes later, he was out of gold. Game over…

“Wait!! I have something else to bet!”

…Or was it?

Gibbs, who was now on his third drink, knew that it was the end for Jack, until Jack made that bet…

“I’ll bet me seat on the Brethren Court.”

Upon hearing this, the crowd gasps; Gibbs chokes on his rum he runs over to the table, pushing people out of his way.

“Jack! Are ye mad?! You know that Teague gave that to you after he left.”

“Are you sure you want to make that bet?” asked Hector, not listening to Gibbs

“Aye,” said Jack

“Wha?! This can’t be happening!”

“Let’s play.” said Jack.

Gibbs, who was being ignored, threw his hands in the air in frustration and walks back to the bar.

The cards were passed out, and as stated earlier, Jack was given 200 gold pieces to finish the hand. This was going to be the last hand…

The dealer placed three cards on the table, Two Sixes and an Ace. Jack had a Nine of diamonds, and a Jack of Spades. Hector had a Four of clubs and a six of spades; he already had three of a Kind, the lucky Git.

Jack calls, and throws in a few pieces of gold; Hector raises.

Another card was placed face up on the table, Jack of diamonds. At least Jack had a pair, but that was nothing.

Hector raises, and so does Jack. Tensions was now at an all time high, the music that was playing stopped, it was quiet, apart from the gold coins being moved, and the noise from the shore that could be heard faintly. Gibbs, who was at the bar, watches them play. He takes another sip from his mug.

Hector raises again, and Jack calls.

“ Getting nervous are we Sparrow?” said Hector

“ I intend to spare the gold I have,” replied Jack

“You know you can give up now,” said Hector, “there be no disgrace, and I could give you some gold back…”

“Ah, but the plan was winner take all. You shouldn’t go back on what we agreed on.”

“Perhaps,” said hector, he looks at his cards, “I can always change it.”

“I’ll raise then,” said Jack, putting more gold pieces into the pot.

Another card was placed, four of spades.

Hector trying to keep a straight face, was thrilled- Full House, sixes over fours. He raises.

This is where it all came down to. Jack already knew he was being cheated, so it was a good thing he had long sleeves. Slowly, unseen by Hector or the Dealer, he covers his cards with his right hand. With his thumb, he takes an Ace slowly from his left sleeve. Then with is left thumb, he removed the Nine and slides it up his right sleeve. It went smoothly with no one the wiser.

Again, the pot was raised, it was nearing the end, everything came down to this very moment, when the last card was played, it was all over for one person.

The dealer laid the last card on the table, An Ace. The last round of gold was thrown in, and then…

“Alright men, show your cards.”

Everyone held their breath.

Hector, with a smile, threw down his cards.

“Full House Sixes said the dealer, “Mr. Sparrow?”

Jack places his cards down, one on top of the other. The card that could only be seen was the Jack. Then, without breaking eye contact to hector, he slides the Jack aside to reveals the Ace.

Everyone in the room gasps and claps, Hector and the dealer was taken by surprise, and Gibbs wanted to faint.

“Now,” said Jack, extending his hand, “As we agreed, the map?”

Hector glares at Jack and then the dealer. Suddenly, he pulls out two pistols, one at Jack, the other at the Dealer. The crowd gasps once again, but this time, in fear. Jack stops in his tracks, and Gibbs rushes over to his side, which was a great feat since he was a little drunk.

“I was supposed to win!” roared Hector. He looks at Jack, “You bloody cheater! I should shoot you where you stand!” He then turns to the dealer, “You double crossing Bilge Rat!” He fish his pistols. He didn’t seem jolly anymore.

Jack took this chance; he got up, while Hector was looking at the dealer, and flipped the table. Cards and gold flew everywhere! Of course, this made the crowd crazy, as they tried to get the gold, despite the fact that a guy had not one, but TWO Pistols.

The gun that was pointed at the dealer went off. He was hit in the chest. This cause even more confusion, which Jack used, quickly, Jack snatched the map from the dying dealer, (and a few gold pieces as well.)

People started to fight each other for the gold, and the music started up again, a lively Jig. To them, it was normal.

“Come on, Gibbs!” said Jack, pushing through the crowd, “Back to the ship!” He dodges a flying bottle, which hits a candle on the wall, it catches fire.

“Let’s put as much space as we can from this island!”

“Aye sir!” replied Gibbs, as the both of them, made it out the door.

But, unseen by Jack, or Gibbs, something was happening. The dying dealer who was a witchdoctor, looked at the angry Hector, and uttered a spell. With a green glow hector was changing….

Jolly Roger had come to the Caribbean.

:excited:GREAT story! And I'm officially confused ... there are several versions on how Jolly Roger came about. And every one of them are good. But I'll take your words for it. Jolly is on the story from now on. Great pace on the story line, I like the Gibbs' side story while watching Jack play.

:excited:GREAT story! And I'm officially confused ... there are several versions on how Jolly Roger came about. And every one of them are good. But I'll take your words for it. Jolly is on the story from now on. Great pace on the story line, I like the Gibbs' side story while watching Jack play.

Next Chapter:" A New Enemy" Title may change
EDIT (Apr 19, 2011 11:05 PM):
Special Thanks to: Raven Trueheart for helping me with the " Pirate Poker" The chapter couldn't have been done without you!

Alright, enough of the Jolly story for now. I'm very curious about the sword that glows in the moonlight ... We don't have anything like that on the game, do we? And you also still owe us some side stories ... about Alex and his vengeance for his parents' death? :D

Alright, enough of the Jolly story for now. I'm very curious about the sword that glows in the moonlight ... We don't have anything like that on the game, do we? And you also still owe us some side stories ... about Alex and his vengeance for his parents' death? :D

That sword will be one of the main things in the story. Alex side story is to be added in after after jolly starts to.... wait, im not giving it away!!

Chapter 5: Narrow Escape​

“I find that hard to believe.”

“It’s true! Ask Jack or Gibbs.”

“Were they there?”

“Well, no, but…”

“Just as I thought,”

“You can ask the crewmen that were with me that day.”

“And where are they?”

“Captured and hanged, including the woman.”

“I see.”

“You’re just going to have to believe me.”

“How can I?”

“Oh, for God’s sake, Annabelle!”

Basil and Annabelle were at it again. Alex watched as the two quarreled, like dogs over a piece of meat; over basil’s claim that he took the Pearl back from the navy. Of course, if he had claimed that he did it single-handedly, it would be impossible to believe. After all, he was no Jack Sparrow.

It was a helluva day for Alex and by the look of things; it couldn’t possibly be any worst…

“darnation to Jack Sparrow! Arrgh!”

… I spoke to soon.

The Music stopped, the noise died down, Basil and Annabelle stop their bickering, (Finally,) as everyone in the bar rushed outside to see what was going on – not a good idea.

“What was that?” asked Annabelle, turning around in her seat.

“Don't know,” said Basil, “but if Jack's name is at the end of that sentence, it can't be good. Come on.”

With his hand on his sword, and Annabelle, and Alex following Basil, the trio made their way outside, where everyone was in a panic.

The stars were no longer out. Now, a light green haze started to form in the air. It was also around someone, but who it was, was unknown. It was too far to make out. However, the figure appeared to be glowing faintly.

People were screaming, fleeing in terror. Where the faithful bride was, smoke was bellowing into the air, high above the trees.

“Who the hell is that?” said Alex, looking at this otherworldly figure.

What is that would be a better question,” said Basil.

“Jack and Gibbs were running away from Jolly, who had now stopped.

“Jack Sparrow, what have you been up to?” Basil said to himself.

Without warning, Jolly sends a fireball hurling towards the Kings Arm. It destroys the balcony, and brings the sign crashing down.

Alex and the others quickly moved out of the way. They run towards Jack.

“To the ship lads!” he said, “Best we get out of here…”

Before they could react, A Forked Lighting bolt, from out of a storm-less sky hits the Kings Arm, engulfing the roof in flames.

“Move, now!”

They ran towards the shore, trying to get back to the Pearl which docked the farthest out because of its hull. What they didn’t thought about, was that a ship of this size would take time to get moving, too much time. And jolly would be right there…

Another lightning bolt, this time it was in front of the stampeding people. What came next was a gift from hell.

Dead people, no, undead pirates, with swords, came up from the ground. The smell of death, not the roasting of meat, was now in the air. Almost immediately, they started to attack anything that moved. Some people were able in defend themselves, because they too had swords or pistols. Others weren’t so lucky. One man was picked up by an undead pirate and thrown into a stand; it collapses on top of him. Another was trying to run away, when a pirate stabbed him in the back. The man screams in pain, turns and falls on his back. He tries to put his hands up to protect himself, but as he scream not in pain, but fear. The pirate thrusts his sword in the man’s chest…

“Looks like we’re going to have to put up with a fight,” said Alex.

“No, take Anna back to the ship,” said Basil, “Get it ready.”

Alex tries to protest, but Basil wouldn’t have of it.

“Take her, now! There'll be other days when you can fight. Now’s not the time!”

“Couldn’t have said it better myself, mate,” said Jack. “Best do what he says!”

“Come on,” Alex said, taking Anna’s arm. The Undead started to spread out, which made it easier to sneak pass them. Alex and Ann made their way to the docks.

“Now what?” said Gibbs, taking out his Pistol, his sword still in its holding.

“You two take the Undead Scum!” said Jack, “I’ll go head off jolly.”

An explosion from the bar – the fire had gotten to the rum. Two destroyed Traven’s in one night, a new record.

The three split up, the plan was not a good one, but it was all they had.

Gibbs found his first target with ease. He aimed the pistol, and pulled the trigger. It takes of the Skeleton’s head, as if someone took a swing at it with a bat. Only instead of soaring away, the head turns to dust. The Skeleton falls to the ground.

The atmosphere that was once filled with laughter, the smells of rum and meat, was now replaced with the ringing of swords, screams, and the bang! Of guns.

“Come on, this way!”

Alex and Annabelle, made it to the docks, each wooden plank groaned as they went over it. The Pearl was at the far end of the pier, which was for ships that couldn’t go in shallow waters. The dock split out into different directions, as they crossed each other, some lead to small sail boats, rowboats, and ships like the Pearl.

“It’s up ahead…” said Alex.

Anna stops and looks ahead.

“So that’s it? That’s the infamous Pearl? Doesn’t look like much.”

Even though he only knew her for about an hour, he was already annoyed by her laidback attitude. It was not what she said, but how she said it. It was as if she was saying, “I know we have to get back to the ship post haste, but hey, let us take our time.”

Alex stops running and grabs her arm.

“Not now. We’ll have plenty of time to see it once we are there.”

They advance a few steps, when Annabelle pulls back.

“Grr, what now?” not many people knew this, but Alex had a short fuse in times like this one.

“I’m not going on that thing if Basil is on it, the bloody git.”

She folds her arms.

“Now is not the time. We need to warn the others.”

“Who are you telling me what to do, Hayes?”

It's Hades! And we have orders from Jack to...”

“Why should I follow him? I’m not a part of his crew.”

She then actually sits on a barrel.

“Why should I even trust you?”

She looks at him up and down.

“Fine! You don't have to come. You can go back on shore, but wait, oh yes, that's right, it's in a bloody battle!”

A bright orange fire ball appears in the sky behind them.

“The battle that was caused by Jack...”

Alex tired to get a grip.

“Listen you... ugh, just listen! You can go on the ship, then immediately jump off; since Basil was mum when he said get you to the ship. He didn't say how long you can stay on it. Sure, you'll be food for the sharks, but who the hell cares? At least you'll be satisfied and my conscience clear!”

“And if I don't want to?”

Alex was so close to ringing her neck.

“Then, love,” he said, calmly, “you can go back, and get killed, or, you can let me throw you over the edge of the pier, and get killed by sharks. Either way, you're dead.”

“I think I stay here then,” she said.

“Fine, let the undead scabs find you. You have no sword, and even though I could give you mine, I'm already walking away...”

Anna watches him as he walks away.

“And oh yeah,” he called out, “ Hope you know how to swim, that's the only way to get away from them, and if you do manage to get pass the sharks, I heard Tortuga's waters are notorious for poisonous sea life...”

It was now quiet on the docks, apart from the sounds on the shore. The ropes that were tied to sailing vessels groaned, as the water rocked the ships back and forth. The docks had no light, which Anna had just noticed, which gave it a creepy feeling.

With fear overcoming her, Annabelle Rainsford gets up and runs towards Alex, who was already way ahead.

. . .

While all this was going on…

Bang!

Another undead scab hits the ground. Gibbs takes a quick swig from his flask, and goes right back into the fray. He unsheathes his sword.

“Alright whose next?” he said.

The scene was chaotic, people were fighting everywhere, but it was Basil who was having the time of his life! He cut through the skeletons as if they were made of butter.

And then it happened, the Kings Arm finally collapsed, sending a huge orange fireball into the air. The heat was unbearable, and it pushed everyone back… anyone who had flesh anyway. Any undead pirate that was standing near it caught fire, and turned to ash.

Basil looked behind him. There was Jack, “fighting” with Jolly. (More like dodging everything.) He was going to help, when he saw something from the corner of his eye.

From the flames, a man came, well a skeleton actually, toward Basil. It was somehow immune to the fire... and it only had one arm...

Basil knew who it was. It was the Pirate King who lost his arm while fighting on Tortuga. But Gibbs said he was able to escape – Apparently those rumors weren’t true.

The king, who seemed a foot taller than Basil, and Basil, was about six feet, targeted him. And in his hand, he had a sword that was red hot.

Basil smiles and points his sword at the king.

“Let’s dance, big boy...”

The king came at him with full force. Basil barely had the chance to go into the

En- Garde position, when the king's sword met his with a shower of sparks.

The King pushes off and lunges forward – sword arm fully extended, right leg leading forward, while his left leg stays at the starting position.

Basil leans backward, the king's sword missing him by inches. Basil manages to parry to sword away.

The King and Basil continue to duel; their blades flash and ring, both trading feints and parries.

The king spoke, well roared at Basil. With a kick to the stomach, the king throws Basil to the ground. He lands hard on his back. The king prepares for the final blow- with all his might the king leaps into the air and brings down the sword.

Thinking quickly, Basil rolls away and gets up to his feet. That ‘last blow’ wasn’t as powerful as the king liked it to be. With one arm gone, it was bound to be weak. Fortunately for Basil, that move now made the King vulnerable to attack, if the person moved fast enough.

Basil thrust his sword in to the king’s ribs. He smiles triumphantly; right up to the point where he remembered that the king was undead. Basil tries to pull the sword out, but it’s stuck! The king laughs and starts swinging at Basil’s head.

Basil ducks each wild swing, his hand still gripping the sword. He could feel the heat and the whoosh the sword made as it flew over him.

The king twisted around, forcefully ripping Basil’s hand away from the hilt of the sword. With a spinning kick to the head, Basil was back on the ground, but this time he was dazed; his reflexes was slowed, the King aim his red hot sword at Basil’s neck, and then…

. . .

Meanwhile, Alex and Anna made their way on the Pearl. The deck still had debris, but it was much better than before they left.

Annabelle looks around, “What happened here?”

“We had a brush with the Navy earlier today”

“I’m not surprised.”

“It doesn’t matter at this time. The crew needs to ready the ship.”

“Where are they?”

There was the sound of hammering down below and the Squawk! of a parrot. Running, Alex rushes below decks with Anna close behind.

When they got there, everyone stopped what they were doing, and Alex knew why.

“Mates, this is Annabelle, a friend of Basil…”

“You lucky dog you!”

The men yelled, wolf whistled, and clapped loudly.

“Easy! Easy now!” said Alex pushing everyone back, “Hey-hey step back now, give us some room… quiet all of you! I need to know who’s in charge here…”

“She can be in charge anytime!”

Aye!!

“ Hear-hear!”

“OI!! Enough of that! I need to know who’s in charge here…”

Everyone exchanged looks.

“Oh, you've got to be kidding me- no one's in charge?!”

“The last order to the crew was to repair the ship,” said Piental who was half way down the steps “ Rengatii and I have the duty to watch the sword...” he sees Anna. “ Well, 'ello, 'ello,'ello!”

“Not now, pentel!” said Alex, wishing that Anna really had stayed behind, “Look, Tortuga is being attacked...”

“Is that what's going on down there?” asked Pentel, “Tortuga is so wild, you'll think that's normal.”

“ What about that fireball then?” asked Alex, an eyebrow raised.

“ Uh, a out of control bonfire?” guessed Penitel

Alex sighs, “Well, there isn't. Once dead pirates are now undead...”

“Undead you say? I remember that...” said Regetti, who joined piental from above deck, “Couldn't eat though. Hated it. But at least we couldn't die...”

“Aye,” said Pentel, “ Good times, eh?”

As Pentel and Regetti started to have their own convoseran, Alex decided to take charge.

“Alright, I want this ship ready for an escape. We need to get out of here as fast as we can.”

Cotton's parrot sqwakes “Repair the ship! Repair the ship!”

“This ship should hold,” said Alex, “let’s hope we don't have another sea battle. Now all of you, do what has to be done to get this ship going... off you go...”

Quickly, the crew brushed passes Anna and Alex to get to the stairs. They pushed Pential, and Regetti out of the way, breaking them out of their conversation.

“Ye don't have to push!” said pentel.

“That was the crew,” said Alex to Annabelle, as they made their way up stairs, “what do you think of them?”

“They don’t look like much.”

“But they get the job done… hopefully.”

“Well, I hope they do it right, I don’t want to be killed today.”

They were now on deck. The crew ran back and forth, getting the ship ready.

“Since I got you on the ship as Basil said,” said Alex, “You can now leave.”

“W-what? Why?”

“This is the ship that has Basil, remember? Or did ye forget?”

“I didn’t forget…” said Anna folding her arms, “I-I’ve changed me mind.”

“Great! You can have this!” Alex hands her his sword, “Just in case everything goes to Hell!”

There was a roar coming from the shore… Jolly. Everyone onboard heard it.

“What’s going on down there?” asked Pintel, looking at the fiery shore.

Alex ignored his question, “I’m going back, they’re taking to long.”

“What?” said Anna, “You’ll get killed!”

Alex turns and faces her.

“Since when do you care about my well-being? Stay here.”

Running, Alex made his way into Jack’s Quarters, when he sees the Governor’s sword that is on the desk. It looked like an ordinary sword. Alex picks it up, and stares at it.

He sheathed the sword then makes his way outside.

Anna and Pentel come running up to him.

“Hayes,” Pentel said, “We are getting the ship ready very quickly. She should be ready in...” he gaze drifts down to the sword on Alex’s side, “Where do you think you’re going with that? Jack had orders to…”

“I’m sure Jack would let this slide,” Alex said, “Besides, what good is a sword if you can’t use it?” He steps closer to Pentel, his voice lowered, “No matter what happens, get this ship moving, even before we get on it. Got it?” Pentel nods, “Good.” he directs his attention to Annabelle. “And you,” Alex said, pointing a finger at her, “you stay here.”

“But-”

“No. You. Stay. Here. At least you’ll be safe.”

And with that, Alex runs off the ship, ready for anything up ahead waiting for him.

. . .

Basil was dazed due to the blow to the head. His reaction was slowed. The kind aimed his now slowly cooling, but still hot, sword at Basil chest and then…

Bang!

The King staggers backward in surprise. Basil rolls to see who had saved him, it was Gibbs!

“Just thought you needed a hand there mate.” He said, with a smile before slashing at another undead pirate with his sword.

Basil took this time to act; getting up; he manages to remove his sword out of the king’s ribs. Before the king had time to react, Basil twists the Kings sword out of his hand with his own. It flips high into the air. Basil catches it with his left hand, careful not to touch the hot blade. Quickly, Basil kicks the King in his leg. He loses his balance and falls to the ground, knelling.

Basil crosses both swords, so that it formed an “X,” with the Kings head in between. The king roars at Basil, for the last time. Basil pulls on both of the swords, beheading the undead pirate.

“Head’s up.” Basil said, happy with his witty one liner.

Now, where is our Jack? Ah, yes fighting with Jolly. Who now had a skull for a head, a cow’s hoof for his left leg, and a gun-blade for his right arm. Everything else was bone- he was now undead.

Being the infamous Jack Sparrow, the one who faced the Kraken and survived, (Technically) the one who ‘sacked Nassau port without firing a single shot,’ the one who used sea turtles to get off an island, could do the only thing he could think of- cover behind a brick pillar.

Lucky for him, Jolly was unfamiliar with his new powers. That fire ball he sent crashing into the bar, the lighting strikes, and the raising of the dead, was only once. If Jolly knew how to conjure up that fireball again, Jack would be a goner.

“You need to calm down mate,” said Jack, “It was only a game!”

“You’ve cheated!” Jolly roared

“That’s a pirate life mate! Lying, cheating, and stealing!” Jack takes his pistol, and fires a shot at him… to no effect.

“I even had that witchdoctor to help me, and yet you still won?!” said Jolly

“Looks like he didn’t do a good job…” said Jack.

Jolly yells out, aims his gun-sword at the pillar and fired. The blast shatters the pillar above Jack’s head; Jack scrambles to another pillar.

“That’s why I killed him Jack… and he turned me into this!” another blast, and again, Jack goes to yet another pillar, the last one.

“You’re running out of pillars, Jack! You have to face what’s coming to you!” another blast and Jack has no choice but to come out of hiding.

“There you are you little rat,” said Jolly aiming his gun-sword at Jack, “Hold still…”

Before Jolly could finish, there was a cracking sound from above, as the face of the building, which was two levels of stoned balconies started to sway forward. The pillars that were blasted away were the only thing supporting it. With a loud roar, the balconies collapse in a cloud of dust and ruble, separating Jack and Jolly.

Basil and Gibbs came to Jack’s side.

“Time to leave then?” asked Gibbs and Basil in unison.

“Aye! No need to hang around here! Where’s Alex?”

“He’s alerting the crew,” said Basil, “We need to get back to the ship at once.”

Alex comes up behind Gibbs. He sees the ruble.

“What happened..?” Alex began, but Jack interrupts him.

“We’ll tell you after we get on the ship! Let’s move...”

Suddenly, the moon, as if out of nowhere, came from behind the clouds once again. Once again the moonlight hits the blade. It shines Sliver, with the electric blue light down the middle. Where Alex hand met the handle, there was a bright light of white for a few seconds, as if they ‘bonded’.

Alex and the others were surprised.

“Where did you learn to do that?” Jack asked

“I-I don’t know,” said Alex, looking at the sword, “It was the sword!” It starts to hum.

There was another roar, and Jolly blasts the ruble away.

Alex, for some reason seemed to know what to do next. He starts forward…

“Where are ye going?!” ask Basil, watching him take a few steps toward Jolly.

“Aye, the ship is in the other direction…” pointed out Gibbs.

“You think this will stop me?!” bellowed Jolly referring to the ruble.

“No, but this will…” Alex stabs the sword into the ground, there was a bright flash as the Sliver and blue light shined, into a huge dome, like a bubble. As the light dome pulsed, wave after wave, the Undead Pirates turned to dust, and Jolly was pushed backward. The wind seemed to pick up from the pulsing light. The light started to get blinding, and Jack and the others, apart from Alex covered their eyes. Finally, Jolly was thrown all the way back in to the trees, and out of sight.

Alex takes the sword out of the ground and everything stops: the trees stopped swaying, and the light disappeared. But since the moon was still out, the sword still glowed.

“Let's go,” Alex breathed, as he led the way to the docks. The others followed.

“H-How- how… how did…?” stuttered Basil, pointing at the dark mark that was left on the ground, to Alex’s sword.

“Interesting...” said Jack.

“Jack, do you know something?” asked Gibbs

“Now, why are you asking such a question?” Jack said

“Well it just so happens that every time you-”

“Oh, no.” said Alex, who stopped and looked ahead.

“What?” asked Basil.

“It’s-”

“Me Ship!!” said Jack, pushing everyone out of the way and breaking off into a run, “It’s leaving!!”
The others follow

“Alex, you did say they have to wait for us, right?” asked Basil

“Aye, well no. I did what you asked!”

“I said get it ready! Not let it leave without us!”

“I figured we didn’t have enough time to start the ship, so I just said…”

“Go?!”

“Well, aye.”

“I think this conversation will be best back on the ship!” said Gibbs.

Back on the ship, Anna spots them.

“There!” she said, “Throw the ropes!”

Pintel and Ragetti threw ropes over the side, hoping that the plan would work.

“Get to the ropes!” said Gibbs

Jack, of the course was the first to get there; followed by Gibbs, Alex, and then Basil. Gibbs shared Jack’s rope, and Alex shares Basil’s.

As they climbed, Jack looked at the shoreline, still ablaze. He hears Jolly roars. He smiles. “Let this be the day that you’ll remember as the day that you almost caught Captain Jack Spar-”

Gibbs pushes him, “Aye, aye, Captain Jack Sparrow. We get it. Now would you move? This rope is not smooth you know...”

The Pearl starts to gain speed as it pulls out of port, leaving destruction behind.

Omg! I LOVE it! You brought it back to the big bang boom situation that the story started off with! Excellent job! Some interesting conversation too, including the one we had the preview of (that was my favorite piece of conversation, of course ...). But you've got those other witty conversations there; the 'smart mouth' people who threw words back and forth and made the story lively and movie-like.

I didn't know that the crew already fought the undead in the past? Hector or Jolly, did he ever expect to be cursed by the dealer to be the undead? I sense that he was outraged by Jack. Where was the nick-name 'Jolly' coming from? He surely didn't know that he would be called Jolly? Those are just questions, I can't find anything to critique, it's too good! :excited:

Omg! I LOVE it! You brought it back to the big bang boom situation that the story started off with! Excellent job! Some interesting conversation too, including the one we had the preview of (that was my favorite piece of conversation, of course ...). But you've got those other witty conversations there; the 'smart mouth' people who threw words back and forth and made the story lively and movie-like.

I didn't know that the crew already fought the undead in the past? Hector or Jolly, did he ever expect to be cursed by the dealer to be the undead? I sense that he was outraged by Jack. Where was the nick-name 'Jolly' coming from? He surely didn't know that he would be called Jolly? Those are just questions, I can't find anything to critique, it's too good! :excited:

Aye the crew did fought the Undead before, from the first movie. Even though I said that you'll have to forget everything you know about the movies, I used some events that happened in them. The same with the game.

Jolly knew that the Dealer was a witch doctor, he hired him! Unfortunately, when I was making that chapter, I lost the page that told the readers that Jolly, and the dealer was in on it together.:( So it was removed from the story. You'll be surprised how much I take out on the final cut.
At the start of chapter 3, there was supposed to be a Convo with Jack, Pentel and Regetti, about why they weren't coming ashore. Jack tells them to watch the sword which is why In this chapter, we read that Pentel said they had orders to watch the sword. This little convo also explains why in the start of chapter 3, the line says, : "Jack comes up behind them". Meaning that he hanged back for some reason

Also, the whole side story about Alex is going to be changed. I'll give you two hints: Things aren't always what they seem. And look at the sword and Alex.

Jolly was a nickname given to him, when Jack and Jolly were friends. He always used to laugh- he was a happy person. But he slowly got jealous when Jack had these great stories about himself. When Jacks father gave him his seat to the court, Jolly, tired to trick Jack, by saying he found this map, and would give it to him over a game of poker. Jolly found the map when he was walking along Cuba, to him it was nothing but a few lines.

Meanwhile, Jack found out that there was a sword, that could lead him to something big... ( I can't tell you yet:)) So he meets Alex, and he ask him to help him out. And the rest you know.

And that, is the back story of what happened before the story started.

I'm sure this is a really good story, but I don't feel like reading that much at the moment... I'll get to it... (eventually)

I like to write these big chapters, some so big, I have to cut them down because it goes over the limit here. Trust me, if you read and you're really into it, you would see how 'short' the chapter is.

Back