What do you think of this Blade?

• The Blade is Balanced and Awesome.

Votes: 55 59.1%
  • The Blade is Unbalanced and Terrible.

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 14 15.1%

• Total voters
Well that's one way to both ruin, and contribute nothing to a discussion at the same time.

Hey Barnacle Head, It's called Jack Sparrows Sword for a reason. Do you need it to be lesser than the title? That's why it's so op or do you want to keep justifying how my statement is irrelevant? Also check the polls buddy, people want it the way it is.

Hey Barnacle Head, It's called Jack Sparrows Sword for a reason. Do you need it to be lesser than the title? That's why it's so op or do you want to keep justifying how my statement is irrelevant? Also check the polls buddy, people want it the way it is.
Lol I don't believe I EVER stated my opinion on this sword so why make the assumption im part of the minority?
Caring about the discussion doesn't make you hate a weapon just added to the game.

People have a right to discuss the most powerful sword in the game dropping from one of the easiest bosses

The sword certainly isn't balanced. But since when has this game has never been balanced or fair? Broadswords have an AOE attack essentially and yet are much higher damage compared to their sabre and cutlass counterparts, sabre is even less which some could say it makes up for in its speed yet I'd say it still comes behind cutlasses, some guns are capable of one shotting most high level enemies and even two or three shotting even some bosses in half or more the time it would take someone with a sword. Looting is entirely random, meaning a level 30 could get an extremely powerful legendary weapon while a level 50 struggles to even get famed. The list goes on. I don't see any argument against items like these when the game was never balanced to begin with.

The sword certainly isn't balanced. But since when has this game has never been balanced or fair? Broadswords have an AOE attack essentially and yet are much higher damage compared to their sabre and cutlass counterparts, sabre is even less which some could say it makes up for in its speed yet I'd say it still comes behind cutlasses, some guns are capable of one shotting most high level enemies and even two or three shotting even some bosses in half or more the time it would take someone with a sword. Looting is entirely random, meaning a level 30 could get an extremely powerful legendary weapon while a level 50 struggles to even get famed. The list goes on. I don't see any argument against items like these when the game was never balanced to begin with.
Most people think the sword is fine, but some think it should be harder to find the best sword in the game, which easily tops 90% of the legendaries by a long shot. I personally dont have a problem with the sword being so ridiculously over powered, but I think that having darkhart drop it is a bad idea

Ah, the ol’ “screw it” argument. Making the game balanced and fun should be a priority for the devs even if it barely was for Disney.

Jack Sparrow’s Sword was a rusty rapier that he picked up for five doubloons on Tortuga. This argument is ridiculous.

Honestly, with the conclusion of this post, I think this thread can be closed. That's our answer ladies and gents.

Folks, for the love of mother and son, this thread was solved four pages and five days earlier. Since has been nothing but fruitless tangent.

Also should I remind you that this was said, again, five days earlier..:

I will respectfully request that those who wish to participate in the discussion in this thread do so in a calm and collected manner. Those who resort to personal/flaming attacks will receive consequences per our forum TOS.

That being said, I appreciate those who have discussed this weapon in a constructive manner. The team is taking into account your feedback and may make adjustments as necessary.

Thanks, everyone.

Perhaps JSB should just be reverted altogether; this "discussion" certainly isn't helping anything as pointed out above.

Folks, for the love of mother and son, this thread was solved four pages and five days earlier. Since has been nothing but fruitless tangent.

Also should I remind you that this was said, again, five days earlier..:
You can't "solve" a discussion.
Some have claims.
Others have counter-claims.
But everyone's got an opinion, and almost everyone is showing their reasoning.
New people may find this thread everyday and express their opinion, but I don't think citing a member of TLOPO staff's final verdict should close a discussion and end all communication about it, especially when the thread isn't directed to the Devs, but created so that the community can discuss it amongst themselves because in the end the devs may, or may not change it.
I think that this thread should go on so long as people decide to talk about it.
Yeah some people are displaying some form of hostility rather than constructive criticism, but there are people who want to talk about this sword and display there reasoning.
I hope I sounded respectful and didn't offend anyone when saying this

If the Jack Blade is to be nerfed, then what is the point of looting it?
Nerfs don't mean that the blade will be unviable. The appeal of it is that it's a Legendary you can get before even touching the Raven's Cove quest. It's the most powerful midgame sword that can EASILY carry you to endgame. It's undoubtable that Jack Sparrow's Blade is unbalanced and frankly OP. The changes I proposed are barely even nerfs; they're just taking it down to being OP and making it more skillful to use.

90 attack is reasonable for a Legendary. Life Drain Rank 3 on something that's a risk-based weapon is not.

The game DOES have some sort of balance. Broadswords have sluggish attacks and generally have little going for them on terms of offense besides AOE and whatever boosts to health, endurance, etc. they have (most aren't made for offense, with a few exceptions), cutlasses are just midrange swords that rely mostly on their boosts rather than their combos or the one AOE option they have, sabres are fast but generally countered by high health pools and sustain healing, etc.

Basic enemies are kind of supposed to be weak. If they weren't, you'd have a much harder time taking on two to three of them at once. Bosses, I agree, are weak as hell right now though but that's an issue of them being designed as beefed up enemies and not actual bosses. (Bosses need new abilities, honestly, higher-level ones being on the level of Jolly Roger with his AOE shackles and tornado/lightning attacks. Make them interesting and engaging tbh.) Pistols rely on high burst damage, but in PVP scenarios, if someone had say, Rolling Attack on their sword to close the distance, they can certainly be burst down or overwhelmed with damage (e.g bladestorm).

Ah, the ol’ “screw it” argument. Making the game balanced and fun should be a priority for the devs even if it barely was for Disney.
And I'd be all for it. Trust me, it would make PvP an actual fun experience and not one pseudo-ly restricted to cutlasses and daggers only to give it any ounce of "fairness". But it would have to be a complete overhaul of most weapon groups and maybe even some skills... As well as some very huge game mechanics such as looting, weapon upgrade quests, enemy AI, difficulty, and more. Looking at other big changes proposed even this one, a small change, people are rejecting change for the sole fact that it is change with no arguments backing it up. I'm sure even some of the people pushing for Jack Sparrows Blade to be nerfed would despise a huge balance update to truly make the game balanced. Then theres the problem of actually doing it properly and how much work would have to be put into such an update.

I'd be all for it. And I even voted "The Blade is Unbalanced and Terrible" but really I wouldn't see this single blade affecting the overall horrible balance this game already has either way.

!!!!!!!!!also guys we need to stop discussing this on a forum made to discuss things because [reason] maybe the blade should just be removed altogether because [salty reason] no you stop you doo doo head i like it i am RIGHT!!1! no I'M riGhT Xd No mE RigHT /s

Last edited:
And I'd be all for it. Trust me, it would make PvP an actual fun experience and not one pseudo-ly restricted to cutlasses and daggers only to give it any ounce of "fairness". But it would have to be a complete overhaul of most weapon groups and maybe even some skills... As well as some very huge game mechanics such as looting, weapon upgrade quests, enemy AI, difficulty, and more. Looking at other big changes proposed even this one, a small change, people are rejecting change for the sole fact that it is change with no arguments backing it up. I'm sure even some of the people pushing for Jack Sparrows Blade to be nerfed would despise a huge balance update to truly make the game balanced. Then theres the problem of actually doing it properly and how much work would have to be put into such an update.

I'd be all for it. And I even voted "The Blade is Unbalanced and Terrible" but really I wouldn't see this single blade affecting the overall horrible balance this game already has either way.

!!!!!!!!!also guys we need to stop discussing this on a forum made to discuss things because [reason] maybe the blade should just be removed altogether because [salty reason] no you stop you doo doo head i like it i am RIGHT!!1! no I'M riGhT Xd No mE RigHT /s

If you were to balance the game around PVP, maybe you could make PVP a separate sector of the game. Make weapons have nerfs to them, specifically in that mode of play. This could provide balance to the game and its abilities or skills while not detracting from the single-player experience of mowing down enemies and bosses.

I don't think that making changes to the Jack Sparrow blade will make the game more balanced. Why not nerf the other cursed legendary blades instead of one?

I don't think that making changes to the Jack Sparrow blade will make the game more balanced. Why not nerf the other cursed legendary blades instead of one?
Sparrow's Blade is enough to make some not do Raven's Cove at all, nerfing the cursed legendaries (which you get access to from that very quest) would give people even more of a reason to just skip it altogether due to Sparrow's Blade basically rivaling World Eater without even being cursed.

Back