What do you think of this Blade?

• The Blade is Balanced and Awesome.

Votes: 55 59.1%
  • The Blade is Unbalanced and Terrible.

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 14 15.1%

• Total voters
just create a quest for it apparently in order to get stronger weapons a quest is required. The cursed weapons added out classed everything that was added before them, so by these peoples logic adding a quest to jacks sparrow blade will make it fine. Honestly that cursed quest took 2 days just because i was too annoyed to log back in after a crash otherwise it doesnt even take a day. Just enjoy the game and the new stuff added to it, this isnt league of legends its a private server recreation of a old mmo.
Raven's Cove quest itself is seen as activating the late-to-end game. That's the point of the quest; to signal that you can now get the best items in the game (this is why cursed blades vastly outclass other weapons, by the way; they're endgame content whereas jack's blade is midgame).

Also, there are still some swords that can be on-par with cursed. Admiral's Cutlass and Black Shark Blade, for instance.

I cant believe you all are still arguing bout this. Just move on. If the devs want to change it, they will. I am pretty sure they have read this post and all the arguments for both sides. If they want to or not change this sword, not much any of us can do about it. Tired of seeing this post in the new post section.. needs to die already!

Welp, I found one the other day, but I still haven't used it. I'll get back on how I feel about the suggestions/rationale of Charles at that time.
screenshot_2018-08-25_00-38-27.jpg

UPDATE
No, this weapon is not overpowered, at all.
Not saying it's bad, but it's not gonna be my go-to weapon, ever, lol!
And being a cutlass makes it less likely to be used by me.
But anyway, good luck mates!

UPDATE
No, this weapon is not overpowered, at all.
Not saying it's bad, but it's not gonna be my go-to weapon, ever, lol!
And being a cutlass makes it less likely to be used by me.
But anyway, good luck mates!
Im curious, what is your go-to weapon.
It must not be based on strength as this sword is as strong as it gets currently.

oh you like broadswords, that makes sense. those are great
have you ever tried to get leviathan?
Nah, I just get whatever drops. I wouldn't even know where to look for any particular weapon. I just loot and they appear, wherever they are.
And yes, I prefer broadswords, more because of the animation than power or anything. I just don't like the moves the pirate makes with the cutlass. It looks awkward to me.

Nah, I just get whatever drops. I wouldn't even know where to look for any particular weapon. I just loot and they appear, wherever they are.
And yes, I prefer broadswords, more because of the animation than power or anything. I just don't like the moves the pirate makes with the cutlass. It looks awkward to me.
Gotcha.
well congrats on finding this awesome sword

Welp, I found one the other day, but I still haven't used it. I'll get back on how I feel about the suggestions/rationale of Charles at that time.
View attachment 108447
And there it is folks, the unconventional looting technique to score the legendaries. Use alts, on a quiet server, you don't necessary have to talk to yourself like in the forth person, but it's fun and using layered level alts is a known strategy for supposedly inducing better drops.
So, it's over folks. Mystery solved.
Step aside warmonk theory, hello Crash course in looting method!

CG Crash CG.

And there it is folks, the unconventional looting technique to score the legendaries. Use alts, on a quiet server, you don't necessary have to talk to yourself like in the forth person, but it's fun and using layered level alts is a known strategy for supposedly inducing better drops.
So, it's over folks. Mystery solved.
Step aside warmonk theory, hello Crash course in looting method!

CG Crash CG.
This has always been the case. People use it because it essentially doubles or triples your odds at finding one of these legendaries. This is why a lot of people think it’s cheap, tho not unfair

I am currently working on a loot project. Keep your faith pirates, I am looking forward to sharing this unique idea with the community.

This has always been the case. People use it because it essentially doubles or triples your odds at finding one of these legendaries. This is why a lot of people think it’s cheap, tho not unfair
I'm sorry but I put us off topic on this line of discussion. I'll look for a thread on multi boxing, or using multi accounts on tlopo as I'm sure there is one. I'm of opinion multi is only detrimental to PVP, and does actually nothing to PVE as long as it isn't causing lag.
GL

I cant believe you all are still arguing bout this. Just move on. If the devs want to change it, they will. I am pretty sure they have read this post and all the arguments for both sides. If they want to or not change this sword, not much any of us can do about it. Tired of seeing this post in the new post section.. needs to die already!

DarkRose, if you have nothing left to say, why bother everyone else who still does? I believe this discussion has been incredibly productive and if people still have more to add to this conversation, theres no reason to shut them up.

I think Jack said it pretty well.
You can't "solve" a discussion.
Some have claims.
Others have counter-claims.
But everyone's got an opinion, and almost everyone is showing their reasoning.
New people may find this thread everyday and express their opinion, but I don't think citing a member of TLOPO staff's final verdict should close a discussion and end all communication about it, especially when the thread isn't directed to the Devs, but created so that the community can discuss it amongst themselves because in the end the devs may, or may not change it.
I think that this thread should go on so long as people decide to talk about it.
Yeah some people are displaying some form of hostility rather than constructive criticism, but there are people who want to talk about this sword and display there reasoning.
I hope I sounded respectful and didn't offend anyone when saying this

You can't "solve" a discussion.
Some have claims.
Others have counter-claims.
But everyone's got an opinion, and almost everyone is showing their reasoning.
New people may find this thread everyday and express their opinion, but I don't think citing a member of TLOPO staff's final verdict should close a discussion and end all communication about it, especially when the thread isn't directed to the Devs, but created so that the community can discuss it amongst themselves because in the end the devs may, or may not change it.
I think that this thread should go on so long as people decide to talk about it.
Yeah some people are displaying some form of hostility rather than constructive criticism, but there are people who want to talk about this sword and display there reasoning.
I hope I sounded respectful and didn't offend anyone when saying this
Very much agree with everything in your post. You were disrespectful to no one.

OK, all I can say is this;
Darkhart (spelling???) drops this blade, and a lot!
I just trashed 3 of them...
Go out there and do it mates!
Savor it!

Back