What do you think of this Blade?

• The Blade is Balanced and Awesome.

Votes: 55 59.1%
  • The Blade is Unbalanced and Terrible.

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 14 15.1%

• Total voters
I don't think that making changes to the Jack Sparrow blade will make the game more balanced. Why not nerf the other cursed legendary blades instead of one?
While it's true that every single Legendary needs to be tweaked---some buffed (BoTA, Patron's Blade) and some top-tiers nerfed (Thunderspine, WEB), it's also true that Sparrow's blade is pretty much a hybrid of WEB and Thunderspine and that should be balanced first and foremost. I think Jack's Blade is powerful enough to make big balance shifts within the game that might impact the enjoyment and integrity of it.

I don't really think that everyone that plays the game is a looter. Therefore, it doesn't really impact their enjoyment of the game based on 1 Blades. The impact is very minimum.

Last edited:
A lot of us just want all the legendaries just look at the onyx curse it's pretty good but the sapphire curse is better but I'm not going to just get the strongest sabre and not get the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack Sparrow’s Sword was a rusty rapier that he picked up for five doubloons on Tortuga. This argument is ridiculous.
I'm pretty sure he was talking about why the sword is so powerful, jack is the most notorious pirate of them all so his blade should be one of the strongest out there

While it's true that every single Legendary needs to be tweaked---some buffed (BoTA, Patron's Blade) and some top-tiers nerfed (Thunderspine, WEB), it's also true that Sparrow's blade is pretty much a hybrid of WEB and Thunderspine and that should be balanced first and foremost. I think Jack's Blade is powerful enough to make big balance shifts within the game that might impact the enjoyment and integrity of it.
Like I said before newer weapons will be better than older ones if they nerf the older ones just for balancing purposes then I'm sure players wouldn't really be enticed to loot the newer weapons unless of course they want to collect them. They made jack sparrow's blade so powerful to entice players to loot for it, the onyx curse is an ok sword but to me it's not good enough to attract enough players to create large groups you see at the twins/palifico to loot for it.

Like I said before newer weapons will be better than older ones if they nerf the older ones just for balancing purposes then I'm sure players wouldn't really be enticed to loot the newer weapons unless of course they want to collect them. They made jack sparrow's blade so powerful to entice players to loot for it, the onyx curse is an ok sword but to me it's not good enough to attract enough players to create large groups you see at the twins/palifico to loot for it.

Something can be worth getting without being horifically unbalanced and horifically overpowered. This is an exception; not every new legendary is this horifically overpowered. Leviathan and Yore both aren't particularly more or less powerful than other legendary cursed swords, yet they're still worth getting. Not because they're horifically unbalanced, but because they add new and unique attributes to the table that are fun to use. Saying "it's op because it's new" is pointless to say, especially when you look at the Cursed Gem Legendary family (onyx, emerald, ruby, sapphire), where Sapphire is the one that clearly serves the most use.

Eh I don't why they would introduce a new sword that had similar stats to lost sword but I doubt the majority would loot it right away just like how the majority aren't trying to loot the onyx curse and the older legendaries are still very good that's why people are still looting them.

Something can be worth getting without being horifically unbalanced and horifically overpowered. This is an exception; not every new legendary is this horifically overpowered. Leviathan and Yore both aren't particularly more or less powerful than other legendary cursed swords, yet they're still worth getting. Not because they're horifically unbalanced, but because they add new and unique attributes to the table that are fun to use. Saying "it's op because it's new" is pointless to say, especially when you look at the Cursed Gem Legendary family (onyx, emerald, ruby, sapphire), where Sapphire is the one that clearly serves the most use.
It's not pointless to say the newer ones will be overpowered because it's true.

All the more reason to revert this new weapon, and maybe never EVER!!! introduce new weapon content into the game. Who's with me!?!?

It's not pointless to say the newer ones will be overpowered because it's true.
I've provided examples of new blades not being overpowered in the form of the Curse family. I've also provided examples as to how the new blades, for the most part, have similar balancing philosophies to the old ones. You're just repeating the excuse that "it's op because it's new", which you haven't backed up why this needs to be the case. People loot swords for their qualities and abilities; for example, people go after WEB or Behemoth because they're defensive/offensive hybrid powerhouses, people go after SF because it has the best stun/incapacitation in the game on a decently low cooldown and people go after Thunderspine or The Emerald Curse because they're high in burst damage and rapidly tearing through masses of enemies. People go after legendaries because they like them. Right now, Jack's Blade is the only sword worth going after. The only difference this will make is that people will farm Darkhart just like in the old game. In its current state, this weapon honestly looks like one of those fanmade joke weapons with its needless mass of overkill boosts and lack of a semblance of balancing. Saying "the game has terrible balance so let's all kill any chance of balance" is honestly a very toxic philosophy.

I've provided examples of new blades not being overpowered in the form of the Curse family. I've also provided examples as to how the new blades, for the most part, have similar balancing philosophies to the old ones. You're just repeating the excuse that "it's op because it's new", which you haven't backed up why this needs to be the case. People loot swords for their qualities and abilities; for example, people go after WEB or Behemoth because they're defensive/offensive hybrid powerhouses, people go after SF because it has the best stun/incapacitation in the game on a decently low cooldown and people go after Thunderspine or The Emerald Curse because they're high in burst damage and rapidly tearing through masses of enemies. People go after legendaries because they like them. Right now, Jack's Blade is the only sword worth going after. The only difference this will make is that people will farm Darkhart just like in the old game. In its current state, this weapon honestly looks like one of those fanmade joke weapons with its needless mass of overkill boosts and lack of a semblance of balancing. Saying "the game has terrible balance so let's all kill any chance of balance" is honestly a very toxic philosophy.
I already stated that new weapons will be better because that attracts players to loot for them just look at my other comments. I don't know if players go after legendaries based on the reasons you mentioned or because they're new, maybe they go after them because they're overpowered against most enemies. To me jack sparrow's blade isn't the only sword worth looting because there's still players at the other bosses it just depends on your preferred items.

I already stated that new weapons will be better because that attracts players to loot for them just look at my other comments. I don't know if players go after legendaries based on the reasons you mentioned or because they're new, maybe they go after them because they're overpowered against most enemies. To me jack sparrow's blade isn't the only sword worth looting because there's still players at the other bosses it just depends on your preferred items.
New weapons shouldn't be overpowered and for the most part, they aren't. I've provided examples of new weapons being balanced or underpowered. If this is your only reasoning, I've disproved it.

New weapons shouldn't be overpowered and for the most part, they aren't. I've provided examples of new weapons being balanced or underpowered. If this is your only reasoning, I've disproved it.
Uh yes they are overpowered I can kill the majority of enemies with these new swords so fast the only way they aren't overpowered is against the new high level bosses. Heck the majority of weapons are overpowered.

Uh yes they are overpowered I can kill the majority of enemies with these new swords so fast the only way they aren't overpowered is against the new high level bosses. Heck the majority of weapons are overpowered.
You're supposed to be able to take out enemies quickly. Weapons don't matter here; I'm referring to events (invasions, QAR, etc.) and/or PVP situations. Being able to take down stock enemies doesn't equal OP.

Well it does for me.
For the sake of the argument, let's define overpowered as this:
A weapon that, for whatever reason, gives a player an unfair advantage over other weapons of similar or equal rank.

This makes Jack's Blade overpowered definitively.
Why go for Critical Strike Rank 3 gear like Thunderspine when you can just get Sparrow's Blade before level 30?
Why go for Health Drain Rank 3 gear like WEB when you can get Sparrow's Blade with an easy, more grindable boss?

The only thing that JSB doesn't have is AOE. It effectively devalues Thunderspine and WEB and puts them into one mess of a weapon.
This is the exact argument against the Heart Of Padres Del Fuego; it devalued the worth of weapons of similar rank and power and was comparatively easy to obtain without a cursed status. It ruined game balance. And now we have a blade that's arguably even stronger trying to be passed off as a balanced weapon that doesn't affect the worth of looting other weapons.

For the sake of the argument, let's define overpowered as this:
A weapon that, for whatever reason, gives a player an unfair advantage over other weapons of similar or equal rank.

This makes Jack's Blade overpowered definitively.
Why go for Critical Strike Rank 3 gear like Thunderspine when you can just get Sparrow's Blade before level 30?
Why go for Health Drain Rank 3 gear like WEB when you can get Sparrow's Blade with an easy, more grindable boss?

The only thing that JSB doesn't have is AOE. It effectively devalues Thunderspine and WEB and puts them into one mess of a weapon.
This is the exact argument against the Heart Of Padres Del Fuego; it devalued the worth of weapons of similar rank and power and was comparatively easy to obtain without a cursed status. It ruined game balance. And now we have a blade that's arguably even stronger trying to be passed off as a balanced weapon that doesn't affect the worth of looting other weapons.
Not everyone wants a sword because of its stats, some want it because of how it looks or because it's new. I want admiral's cutlass because it has +3 on thrust I don't really care for the endurance boost nor do I care for the healthing ability but I also want thunderspine because it's unique looking, I also want blade of abyss not because of the stats but because the design of the sword is mostly used for broadswords and the blade of abyss is a cutlass with a red trail like I mentioned it's all about preference and I prefer a weapon more than just its stats. Honestly I think this will be my last comment on this thread.

Not everyone wants a sword because of its stats, some want it because of how it looks or because it's new. I want admiral's cutlass because it has +3 on thrust I don't really care for the endurance boost nor do I care for the healthing ability but I also want thunderspine because it's unique looking, I also want blade of abyss not because of the stats but because the design of the sword is mostly used for broadswords and the blade of abyss is a cutlass with a red trail like I mentioned it's all about preference and I prefer a weapon more than just its stats. Honestly I think this will be my last comment on this thread.
Now you're just shifting the goalpost. If you aren't going to reply to my post and if you're going to keep deflecting or shifting the subject because you don't want to address my argument, then with all respects, please stop wasting my time. Thanks!

just create a quest for it apparently in order to get stronger weapons a quest is required. The cursed weapons added out classed everything that was added before them, so by these peoples logic adding a quest to jacks sparrow blade will make it fine. Honestly that cursed quest took 2 days just because i was too annoyed to log back in after a crash otherwise it doesnt even take a day. Just enjoy the game and the new stuff added to it, this isnt league of legends its a private server recreation of a old mmo.

Back