• Undecided.

Votes: 14 15.1%

• Total voters
took a few seconds to throw this together just now

Jack_Sparrow (1).png

this one too
newjsb.png

Last edited:
just leave the sword alone play the game enjoy the game its not meant to be catered to those who spend all their free hours invested into it, whether you play for 100 hours a week or 5 hours a week its just a weapon who cares if its over powered people will have fun finding it and enjoy it once found. as far as the fact that it makes the other blades look like a joke? not hardly all legendary swords are sought after for the fact of having legendary swords especially the sabres even though in reality they are useless as a weapon but still sought after never the less. you arent just going to find jack sparrows blade and say ok im uninstalling ive done it, you do what you do whenever you find a legend you move on to find the next one and so on..

[QUOTE="squintz, post: 348663, member: 14071" Other than that, I think people should start minding their own business. How easily I can take out bosses or enemies shouldn't be any focus or interests to other players in the PVE/questing world of tlopo. The dev's who put this in don't think it's wrong, don't think it's a problem or exploit.

And why is it only the hard core looters want to nerf everything?

Why are the hard core looters the "only" ones that want to nerf "everything"?

Well, maybe it's because we're the only ones who realize what it takes to get these swords, and if we loot for 150 hours and someone like you walks up and hits him once and gets it, that is, well...... expected.

These weapons are so randomly dropped that it doesn't matter if someone "puts in the work" or not. THIS sword pushes me passed the line because it makes SO much of a difference to a Pirates power compared to any other that this whole random-noob-gets-it thing becomes ridiculous. Whereas if it was properly powerful, as in on the scale where all other non cursed legendaries are, it is less of a deal.

And then you get it and defeat every enemy in the game 20% faster than anyone else and so your advantage of getting other weapons is unfair. And who wants to be playing the game and see you or some other person who doesn't care about regulation running around talking loud wacking down anything "testing this awesome[ly op] sword"[/QUOTE]
THIS sword pushes me passed the line because it makes SO much of a difference to a Pirates power compared to any other that this whole random-noob-gets-it thing becomes ridiculous. Whereas if it was properly powerful, as in on the scale where all other non cursed legendaries are, it is less of a deal.

And then you get it and defeat every enemy in the game 20% faster than anyone else and so your advantage of getting other weapons is unfair. And who wants to be playing the game and see you or some other person who doesn't care about regulation running around talking loud wacking down anything "testing this awesome[ly op] sword"

Both of these comments are based on what seems to me to be 'ego of the collector' syndrome and to me is a indefensible weak argument for nerfing weapons. And I supposed running 5 alts on peoples ships or in boss fights fair? Actually it isn't 'fair' but it effects me zero. Your running around effects me zero if you get the legendary before me or other people.
The only people who care what other people do or have is the hard core looter. It's not about regulation at all, it's all about the bragging rights.
And also if the weapon gives you an advantage in PVP. Both of which are total non issues with me and players like me.

It's also why I and maybe others struggle with the looters mentality all the time. Far as I'm concerned, the DEV's decided weapon stats - Disney or not. But it's also up the dev if they want to appease the minority wine.

I'm starting to like a dry red myself lately.

I am by no means a Hardcore Looter. I do it for fun when I have time from work and school, and I by no means classify myself as a looter when I discuss things of this sort. I discuss this as someone who works with code, works with core concept game mechanics, and the way this sword is designed is by no means fair in any definition. The combination of perks is too overdone and it just doesn't seem right for the point in which it can be obtained.
Okay. How exactly does a weapon stat effect you personally if I have one and you don't PVE only. I have less than zero concerns about pvp.

The thing is, this is a LEGENDARY. I still haven't managed to see one in the 3 max characters I've gotten over the years. Honestly, if someone finds this, let them have it the way the devs intended, make it put a smile on their face that not only they got a legendary weapon, but one that isn't as bland as silver freeze or el patron's lost sword. The reality is if this was a famed, yeah, it would be a big deal, but 99.9% of people will never come across it, so let those to do find it enjoy it.

Both of these comments are based on what seems to me to be 'ego of the collector' syndrome and to me is a indefensible weak argument for nerfing weapons. And I supposed running 5 alts on peoples ships or in boss fights fair? Actually it isn't 'fair' but it effects me zero. Your running around effects me zero if you get the legendary before me or other people.
The only people who care what other people do or have is the hard core looter. It's not about regulation at all, it's all about the bragging rights.
And also if the weapon gives you an advantage in PVP. Both of which are total non issues with me and players like me.

It's also why I and maybe others struggle with the looters mentality all the time. Far as I'm concerned, the DEV's decided weapon stats - Disney or not. But it's also up the dev if they want to appease the minority wine.

I'm starting to like a dry red myself lately.

I find it difficult to even comprehend saying someone is complaining or whining because they are suggesting a change to a weapon just recently put in the game.

This weapon not only effects all legendaries before it, but it also effects the legendaries that will be released after it.

The thing is, this is a LEGENDARY. I still haven't managed to see one in the 3 max characters I've gotten over the years. Honestly, if someone finds this, let them have it the way the devs intended, make it put a smile on their face that not only they got a legendary weapon, but one that isn't as bland as silver freeze or el patron's lost sword. The reality is if this was a famed, yeah, it would be a big deal, but 99.9% of people will never come across it, so let those to do find it enjoy it.

I like your reasoning and your attitude. However, I have to disagree with "99.9%". We have to remember, this is darkhart, which means he's really not that hard to kill. Considering how many people have already found The Sapphire Curse I think Jack Sparrow's Blade may be more attainable than you think. Time will tell I suppose. :2 cents:

No, my numbers are directly from the game’s skill point page. Press K to take a look for yourself.
Yes, but your theories and assumptions of what you do with those numbers aren't.

"Rank three critical strike - per my testing of thunderspine - is likely a 30% chance of a critical hit for each of the weapon's strikes. It follows that a rank 5 critical strike would then be a 50% chance of a critical hit. A critical hit does twice the damage of a normal hit. This is effectively a 50% damage buff to all attacks over a long period.

(per Charles Warmonk) every "Powerful" skill increase is a 5% damage buff to the sword's attack - bringing Jack Sparrow's Blade's actual attack to 103.2, about 10% more than 93 (technically it's only 10 percentage points better if we use a 100% scale.. but the difference between that and the actual value is within 1%)."

I find it difficult to even comprehend saying someone is complaining or whining because they are suggesting a change to a weapon just recently put in the game.

This weapon not only effects all legendaries before it, but it also effects the legendaries that will be released after it.
@Roger-Daniel
Roger, and what is this effect that you're concerned about?

Yes, but your theories and assumptions of what you do with those numbers aren't.

"Rank three critical strike - per my testing of thunderspine - is likely a 30% chance of a critical hit for each of the weapon's strikes. It follows that a rank 5 critical strike would then be a 50% chance of a critical hit. A critical hit does twice the damage of a normal hit. This is effectively a 50% damage buff to all attacks over a long period.

(per Charles Warmonk) every "Powerful" skill increase is a 5% damage buff to the sword's attack - bringing Jack Sparrow's Blade's actual attack to 103.2, about 10% more than 93 (technically it's only 10 percentage points better if we use a 100% scale.. but the difference between that and the actual value is within 1%)."
Those aren’t assumptions. We’ve personally tested these skills effects’ on damage output in-game. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out a sword’s crit rate.

I will respectfully request that those who wish to participate in the discussion in this thread do so in a calm and collected manner. Those who resort to personal/flaming attacks will receive consequences per our forum TOS.

That being said, I appreciate those who have discussed this weapon in a constructive manner. The team is taking into account your feedback and may make adjustments as necessary.

Thanks, everyone.

Charles and Beggar have not ceased to test and "play around" with every sword they could get their hands on since the release of FS and probably much before then. If tlopo has drastically changed the mechanics of weapon damage and weapon buffs, we would all know. I don't think its crazy for people who play this game as much as they do, to know what they're talking about. Beggar and Charles are smart people. And if you don't trust them, you can do your own tests. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

First of all, your personal attacks are not constructive and uncalled for. I beleive everyone who has an opinion (yes, even ones that you disagree with) has the right to be heard. Saying that his very constructive and thoughout opinions are "whining" is truely unfair. Also, Charles clearly stated that "This post is not directed at the devs[nor is it a petition im pushing]" so I don't know why you're aiming this at the development team.

I don't like how much hostility is on this thread — it gets us nowhere.
It has nothing to do with THEM, but everything to do with the theories being promoted to convince the majority there's something wrong with an item in the game. Again as always, do you have a convincing reason any weapon in the game is going to be
unfair in another pirates belt to the greater community. And as always, quest campaigns are a individual thing unless hooked to a ship or something, and that the only ship thing IS PVP.
And I will stick to my claims that there is no value to any item game wise to another except in the mind of looters who care and brag.
As far as I can tell, it keeps circling back to the looting mentality.
But this thread is actually about support to get the new weapons nerfed. So I'm off topic.

If the devs want us to actually search for new legendaries they would have to match this one.
Look at ruby
And im scared to see them try, because if these swords just get better and better and better itd make the other ones ACTUALLY useless
Look at The Lost Sword
Okay, useless in what way? I'm not being smart butt here, just trying to get an understanding.
But I'm starting to sound like one of those robot programs.

...And I will stick to my claims that there is no value to any item game wise to another except in the mind of looters who care and brag.
As far as I can tell, it keeps circling back to the looting mentality.
But this thread is actually about support to get the new weapons nerfed. So I'm off topic...

Well I guess we can agree to dissagree.

I will respectfully request that those who wish to participate in the discussion in this thread do so in a calm and collected manner. Those who resort to personal/flaming attacks will receive consequences per our forum TOS.

That being said, I appreciate those who have discussed this weapon in a constructive manner. The team is taking into account your feedback and may make adjustments as necessary.

Thanks, everyone.
Please don't bow to the minority. That is my honest comment. If the DEV's can't be depended on to come up with to me is the most educated and proper rating of weapons, and leave it to a small group of like minded ego's to dictate what they want in weapons, I'll have to rethink this whole enterprise.
Thanks for what you and all do.

Please don't bow to the minority. That is my honest comment. If the DEV's can't be depended on to come up with to me is the most educated and proper rating of weapons, and leave it to a small group of like minded ego's to dictate what they want in weapons, I'll have to rethink this whole enterprise.
Thanks for what you and all do.
That's certainly not our mindset. There were some good points brought up here, namely those concerning the overshadowing of cursed weapons. Game balance is important, and as staffers of a Beta game, player feedback is certainly valued. I appreciate your confidence in our decision-making, though.

Back